Fog Vials are kinda annoying...

I don't know that adding these was such a good idea. My matches today look more like a Silent Hill game than Dead by Daylight.

image.png

I was up against a Springtrap here and my teammates just kept throwing the fog vials down EVERYWHERE. He got free hits on me multiple times because he was Undetectable and I just could not see him coming through the fog.

I don't know, maybe it's just because they're new and everyone is using them, but I'm finding them more annoying than helpful so far.

Comments

  • Tbh I don't even have much of a problem with the effect itself (at least without Potent Extract), but I think they either need to be a limited resource or the cooldowns need to be MUCH longer. They should not be available to use anywhere near as often as they currently are. They are too frequent in their current state and there should be more strategy in deciding the best time to activate it. 60-70 seconds cooldown is not enough.

  • @Wrecked said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3974874#Comment_3974874

    In regards to the proxy camping, from my own experience, I’m referring to specific maps. Let’s say the killer is stood just enough away from the hook so that the anti-camp doesn’t trigger but so that they can come straight back when the unhook happens, a lot of maps have blind spots depending on where the hook is, such as near the killer shack or near big trees and other structures. I would drop the fog vial as I unhook and then the unhooked survivor would run away from the hook in the opposite direction to where the killer is currently waiting. So when they come back to the hook they either have to walk through the fog or try to go around it, but by this point the unhooked survivor could have made a ton of distance due to Babysitter and because they were also engulfed in a cloud of smoke, the killer couldn’t keep an eye on what direction they ran into. So at that point, it becomes a guessing game and the more time the killer wastes trying to work out which way to go, the more distance the unhooked survivor has made. I have done this in plenty of my games and seen great success. This only doesn’t seem to work if the survivor accidentally runs into the direction the killer is coming from, but that would happen with or without the fog viles being in play.

    If you haven’t been experiencing hard tunnelling in your games prior to the recent patch, then I’m genuinely happy for you. But unfortunately that hasn’t been the case for many people, including myself. Tunnelling somebody at 5 gens to create pressure has been incredibly meta for a long time now and I haven’t seen an increase since the new update. I was actually thinking that it hasn’t been too bad since TWD chapter dropped, but I just love my Babysitter build for when it does happen. Tunnelling definitely hasn’t increased due to fog viles, it might just be that you’re going against more killers now that choose to use that play style. You’ll more likely be in the minority as you only have to look on these forums, social media and look at videos from content creators to see that being hard tunnelled and focused out of the game early on has been prevalent for a while now, so I really don’t know what else to say to you in regards to this.

    If it's killer shack, it’s usually on the corner of the map. Or in the middle, but with a basement or a hook slightly away from shack itself. No way to get enough distance from the area, if the killer knows and standing on good spot. Mistake or skill issue from the killer then. The point of proxy camping is standing on a specific spot where u can track ALL directions when someone gets in or out of the place. If it’s simple camp,It then yes, it may help. The babysitter here brings 99% of the actual value. Whatever.


    I didn't tell that I wasn't never been hard tunneled before. I didn't tell it didn't exist as meta before. I would like to ask to stop reverting my words, please, in a way that it wasn't said before. I told simple: “now my every game is about killer tunneling someone” . Means it's more frequent then before. You can't deny it because it's personal experience. I watch enough social media and other people's experiences to know the proportion of this that used to happen. If you don't believe me, there were a few posts on this forum yesterday that also said they were now encountering the tunnel like never before. It's not "hardtunnels didn't exist before" or "they weren't meta." It's saying that games are ONLY played with it now, and that's concerning. A lot. If somehow your games were 100% 5 gen tunnel before the update, I don't know what to say. You'd have to be very unlucky or playing on weird lobbies.

    Community manager asked about survivor POV in comments, I decided to share about survivor POV from such perspective. Instead of simple accept that some survivors don’t like their teammates with fog vials I was accused like “it’s because u can't tunnel that easy that before as killer huh”. I told it's not a big deal and provided further arguments, all of them was cancelled because “well it's not valid, because for ME it’s different” . What’s the whole point of people having different opinion then. Can we simply accept that actually half of the community don’t like fog vials in current state, and that's not only killers? Looking on votes up on OP about survivor POV about fog vials is enough

  • I love these things. They've got me to enjoy playing Survivor matches again. Never really been the kind to regularly bring items into trial (besides a med-kit for healing myself in Chaos Shuffle) but the fog vial has changed that.

    I can definitely see why some Killers are not enjoying them, though I would personally rather face 4 vials over 4 beamers any day (assuming Lightborn isn't in the equation). Beamers are still a much more annoying item, at least to me anyway.

  • @Memesis said:

    I like fog vials. They make killer ques normal again.

    Most important thing to be honest. I couldn‘t play killer for ages without waiting ages for a match.

  • I think they're hella fun and go well with my meme build, but I don't think survivors have optimized their use yet as a whole. They've done nothing to deter me as killer, and nothing to help me as survivor. They're the only survivor item with potentially negative aspects for survivors too. I run Empathy and can't see my injured teammates auras in the fog, which messes up my map awareness. It's like my own team is inflicting Blindness on me.

    The only time I've seen them used well against a killer is when three people rush in to save a four from a death hook chase. It causes enough confusion to maybe work. But that requires coordination that most teams won't have. And the teams that have that coordination will likely stick to flashlights.

  • @HeroLives said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3974443#Comment_3974443

    you can still see right through it if you’re in chase. Played killer yesterday against some people using it, and laughed at how easy it was to play in.

    My friend said the same thing when the roles were switched “you can see right through it” ( and I was using the sap +extract)


    From killer perspective now that I’ve tested it from the opposite side they seem really underwhelming and almost useless. I was expecting so much worse after reading the forums. It left me really confused what all the fuss is about. I’ve driven through much worse fog in the morning on my way to work.

    just gotta get a lil freaky. I've been dabbling with some silliness like QnQ, Lucky Break and Lucky Star. I somehow lost a twins who trapped me in the basement

  • @100PercentBPMain I’m getting the hang of them for sure. Love the perk picks I see were almost identical twins, but I like leader and we’ll make it paired over QnQ :) still very solid and I bet very useful!

1 2 ›