Survivor damage during masquerade

Curious if there is something I'm missing. Just had time to start playing the masquerade and there has been a number of times when I hit an injured survivor and it makes the damage indication, but they don't fall. I've checked after the match and there are no perks or addons which would allow for this. I didn't see any special event effects which should do that either. Unless I missed something.

Comments

  • Could be the server rejecting the hit if your connection isn't good (would happen most often when trying to hit someone dropping a pallet). Could also be the "Heal You, Expose You" event activating right after hitting someone, which SWF can play around if they're smart.

  • Connections good. But the heal you expose you…I bet that was it. I was thinking it was some event thing cause it was sporadic. Thanks for the heads up.

  • I've had issues where I hit the survivor when they run past a pallet, they cry out like they've been hit, but then I get pallet stunned and they're healthy. It's only been happening the last couple of days.

  • @bigfootismydad said:

    Connections good. But the heal you expose you…I bet that was it. I was thinking it was some event thing cause it was sporadic. Thanks for the heads up.

    I dont think so,this effect will heal all survivors but them they are like for minute instadownable with m1.

  • Server validation only favors the killer. - people on this form.

    Your hit was rolled back by the server. The blood splat is locally triggered so that's why you still see it but the servers say no hit detected.

    Event triggers only occur every two of hooks or gen pops. So it's very unlikely you hit a survivor right as a gen pop, the event affect was to heal, and you not notice the event sound notification.