Coldwind Farm - The Thompson House NEEDS another way down

I was publicly humiliated when I kept dropping the survivors on my way down the only exit from the top floor.

The survivors were exploiting the fact that if you go all the way to the very end where the chest and generator spawns, it is impossible to bring them to the nearest hook before they escape.

When I dropped them to chase another survivor, the down survivor would simply crawl back all the way up the stairs making me pick them up and dropping them even sooner with their already progressed wiggle meter.

It was the most frustrating thing too when the other 2 survivors were freely able to get the other gens while this joke of a map had me struggling for just one hook.

Please remove this version of Coldwind while you fix it with either:

1) An additional faster way down that you can't go back up

2)A hook upstairs and another hook right on the perimeter of house near doorway

The survivors might have had "Boil Over," so correct me if I'm wrong about hooks being upstairs. However, I still believe there should be a faster way down regardless.

Comments

  • There is a hook spawn on the upper floor, right next to the generator. The problem is that its not guaranteed, if I remember correctly. So, yes, if RNG screws you over, that can still happen even after they purposefully added that hook there.

  • Option 1 would lead to terrible semi-infinite looping. Option 2 sounds more reasonable. 
  • PigNRun said:

    There is a hook spawn on the upper floor, right next to the generator. The problem is that its not guaranteed, if I remember correctly. So, yes, if RNG screws you over, that can still happen even after they purposefully added that hook there.

    Oh I see, I'm almost positive my game didn't spawn one up there, but yes, it should be gauranteed.
  • Option 1 would lead to terrible semi-infinite looping. Option 2 sounds more reasonable. 
    Well possibly, but loops aren't that hard to beat if you're a skilled killer. (Mind games)
    Option 2 is my preferred one as well.
  • @Condorloco_26 said:
    Option 1 would lead to terrible semi-infinite looping. Option 2 sounds more reasonable. 

    A one-way drop like in Red Wood wouldn't enable looping since the survivor has a fall to stagger through.

    I agree, even as a survivor it's so stupid that there's only one way down: through the killer.

  • Im down for that. Maybe a part of the roof broke off making a ramp from the ground to the balcony Kappa
  • It's as simple as adding a hole to drop down through.

  • Option 1 would lead to terrible semi-infinite looping. Option 2 sounds more reasonable. 
    Hell yeah dude could you imagine BL on Thomson house if there were a drop down on the balcony xD  
  • Can only imagine the amount of tbaggin that would occur if this becomes a loop.
  • I'm glad some people agree with me hah
    It was the most frustrating game ever
  • Or the developers could just remove the wall separating the chest from the rest of the upstairs, thereby shortening the way down from that spot to a hook.