Bubba needs a secondary power - Reasoning and suggestion.

I don't believe that a mere buff to his current stats will fix Leatherface, even if we'd buff it hard to the point where the instadown is near impossible to fail we would have a Killer that is inferior to Billy, as a very skilled Billy will get his chainsaw hits too and still has mobility on top, not to mention that he'd still be boring and along with his addons in contrast to the other instadown Killers, especially Myers is unchallenged in terms of loadout and playstyle variations.

I think he needs a slight buff to his chainsaw, one that makes it reliable to hit without addons.

I'm gonna repost a suggestion i made a while ago, feel free to post any other idea.

Press the secondary ability button to remove your TR and Red Stain for a short time (10s), after which you suffer a long cooldown (30s).
You move at normal speed during the stealth and cooldown.

-Can be used to sneak up on survivors and make him unpredictable.
-Can be used for mindgames.
-Would make him scarier and less campy
-Would differentiate him from Hillbilly
-Already got perks that would fit this ability well
-Can have addons affecting his power
-Seamless transition to insidious and tinkerer

Comments

  • Well bumping this cause Bubbas only upside is being punished by the emblem system. Poor guy needs help.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The chainsaw is awful. Without high tier add ons you can be right on a survivors butt, rev the chainsaw, and have allowed the survivor enough distance that the chainsaw won’t hit them at all

    Yeah it sucks, that's why I only use it in open spaces. even if I think I have a chance to get them on gyms and stuff I'd rather use it in open spaces or just rev it/use it where I wouldn't like for mindgames.

    I love bubba, he was the first killer I mained before Spirit while I was new af. I had a lot of rank 20 4ks with him lmfao. I want to try running territorial with him.

  • Personally I think his chilli addons need a rework. Instead of affecting his acceleration (which is barely noticeable) it should make his movement speed faster while revving the chainsaw.

    While revving the chainsaw his movement speed currently drops to 87% as most people know.

    Good survivors take advantage of this and often circle back to Bubba so if you look down for a split second they'll run straight away again causing you to lose enough distance to lose the chance of getting a successful hit.

    His movement speed shouldn't drop below 100% while revving the chainsaw as it doesn't allow you to mindgame pallets.


    His Chilli addons should increase his movement speed while revving the chainsaw to more than 100% allowing him to actually use his chainsaw against good survivors.


    Award winning chilli: 110% movement speed while revving the chainsaw

    Normal chilli: 102% movement speed while revving the chainsaw

    Both chilli addons stacked: 112% while revving the chainsaw.


    What do you think?


    Imagine this version of award winning chilli combined with beast's marks. Bubba would be a real threat all of a sudden.

  • I think he is in a fine place rn, however @Yamaoka has a good idea for the chili add-ons though.

    I can use the chainsaw without add-ons though but his best add-ons are charge speed and chainsaw speed.

  • Bubba always feels a little naked on the power front. His kit is so one dimensional its kinda frustrating. It would be interesting if he had some knockout effect with his mallets not the perk but basically bubba apply a empowered mallet strike with extra properties depending on add ons equiped. At base it would apply a gen repair debuff.

    From a lore perspective the mallet strike deals a heavy blow that makes it difficult for survivours to concentrate. This could be stacked with begrimed chains as well. It sould give bubba some slow down which he badly needs since hes lacking map pressure. Ofc the slowdown on his saw needs to be looked at as the current saw is way to add on dependant.

  • I can't say much because I barely play him and when I do I just end up running an insidious basement build because I suck at him so much and it's entertaining to see how many I can tag into the basement.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    I can't say much because I barely play him and when I do I just end up running an insidious basement build because I suck at him so much and it's entertaining to see how many I can tag into the basement.

    and this is why he will never get a buff