Why is the game so unfun right now?

Mostly speaking about the anniversary mode. So many of my matches are complete stomps lately in either direction. Is it an MMR issue?

I'll get teammates that sandbag all game, load in literally AFK doing nothing for a solid minute or 2 while everyone is dying. Basically, at least 1, or sometimes 2 teammates will seem literally like baby survivors, like brand new players.

And on the flip side. My killers will be playing with legit competitive builds slamming us into the floor at 5 gens as hard as they can as if we gen rushed them and the gates are powered already.

I logged off for the day because I'm having absolutely no fun lately. Again, not sure if this is an MMR problem right now, or the fact that they keep splitting the queue into the "main mode" and the party modes (anniversary, chaos shuffle, 2v8, and so on).

For the record, a "fun game" doesn't have to be a game I win/escape. I just want to actually have good chases and get a lot of bloodpoints and at least have a CHANCE (like make it to at least 3 or 2 gens remaining AT LEAST). I don't exactly know what it is, but the quality of my games is TERRIBLE lately.

Anyone else experiencing this too?

Comments

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3955929#Comment_3955929

    Honestly, I prefer Xeno over Blight. At least the turrets are there to be a minor inconvenience before you inevitably go down because of the tail attack.

    "Minor inconvenience" haha… true General, true XD

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3955929#Comment_3955929

    Honestly, I prefer Xeno over Blight. At least the turrets are there to be a minor inconvenience before you inevitably go down because of the tail attack.

    if you're lucky you can get the xeno to aim assist hit the turret. I saw the poor guys camera get yanked

  • I still wish the turrets were more effective against him, seeing as they are the primary counterplay, but that's just my opinion.

    @100PercentBPMain said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3956136#Comment_3956136

    if you're lucky you can get the xeno to aim assist hit the turret. I saw the poor guys camera get yanked

    I am afraid I do not have such luck, my friend.

  • I think is a vicious cycle: killers have long queues, so they wanna make the most of their match. Also the anti go next made them tunnel and camp more, since now you have to deal with it and cant just suicide on hook.

  • @I_CAME said:

    It's a combination of a lack of survivors and Behavior's refusal to give this game a real matchmaking system. It doesn't help that they seem to take a lot of advice from content creators. In my experience these are the people most likely to lobby AGAINST stricter matchmaking. I have listened to some of the biggest content creators passionately defend the awful system that we have now. Of course there are some people like OhTofu who think the matchmaking should be more strict but I feel like he is in the minority among this group.

    He's definitely the minority. After Chucky's release they tightened matchmaking and instantly a bunch of videos popped up. I'm guessing winstreaks get lots of view$. I'm not sure if that change was ever reverted or it was just a knee-jerk reaction since they still do their winstreaks with no issue. But yeah, alot of the big names weren't happy.

  • @I_CAME said:

    It's a combination of a lack of survivors and Behavior's refusal to give this game a real matchmaking system. It doesn't help that they seem to take a lot of advice from content creators. In my experience these are the people most likely to lobby AGAINST stricter matchmaking. I have listened to some of the biggest content creators passionately defend the awful system that we have now. Of course there are some people like OhTofu who think the matchmaking should be more strict but I feel like he is in the minority among this group.

    The content creators love easy matchmaking because it gives them a bunch of easy content. Do you honestly think Otz could do half of his challenges against competent survivors?

  • @Zakon05 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3955876#Comment_3955876

    Encounter a lot of BNP + Hyperfocus + Stakeout players?

    Because that's the only gen rushing that exists anymore. Otherwise it's just survivors doing gens.

    How do you have over twice my hours and still complain about gen rushing like a killer with a fraction of my hours?

    You are assuming that most of my hours come from killer and that I'm a killer main, which is incorrect. The majority of my hours are survivor. I am playing killer more these days. I'd say 60% survivor/40% killer. And yes I see those perks a lot. Also Resilience and Prove Thyself. Toolboxes. I had three BNP's in a game the other day.

  • it's always been...

    As a killer the speed at which gens are done doesnt allow you to do anything (even tho I usually play a friendly).

    As a survivor it's getting tunneled and camped 9/10 gsmes. And slugged for the 4K in 19/20 games. And that 1/10 or 1/20 game is only when a killer plays normally or is friendly. It's annoying af, and the only reason to play survivor is because a friend of mine wants to play. (We still get tunneled, even in coms)

  • @Chiky said:

    it's always been...

    As a killer the speed at which gens are done doesnt allow you to do anything (even tho I usually play a friendly).

    As a survivor it's getting tunneled and camped 9/10 gsmes. And slugged for the 4K in 19/20 games. And that 1/10 or 1/20 game is only when a killer plays normally or is friendly. It's annoying af, and the only reason to play survivor is because a friend of mine wants to play. (We still get tunneled, even in coms)

    I feel like I've never played a more casual DBD match in forever. My escape rate is so low atm even with the abandon bug (35 percent) like why am I still being matched with sweats.

  • Barely earning any bp as survivor. Every match we are getting stomped.
    Survivors not doing their jobs or even trying cuz of one stupid thing. And I suspect it is because all the real survivors are sick of the garbage. So we are left with all the trash.
    As much as I want to earn the event stuff; It's not worth the frustration.

  • Yeah, you’re absolutely right — and here’s the kicker: BHVR specifically said 2025 would be focused on Survivor Quality of Life.

    We’re now halfway through the year, and here’s what we’ve gotten:

    🔻 Survivor Nerfs:

    Self-unhook chance removed (can’t even 4% without a perk or offering)

    Suicide on hook nerfed (no more early outs unless someone lets you die)

    MMR punishes giving up or DCing, but doesn’t protect survivors from terrible teammates

    🔺 Killer Buffs:

    Hooks respawn in 30 seconds, even if you just sacrificed someone on it

    Hooks are super clustered, making sabotage and bodyblocking pointless

    No punishment for tunneling or camping

    Meta perks like Pain Res, No Way Out, Pop, Grim Embrace still dominate

    MMR rewards kills, not skill — you can tunnel 3 people in 4 minutes and the system thinks you're playing "well"

    It honestly feels like BHVR wants anyone with 24 hours of playtime to be able to pick up any killer and get a 4K — no skill, no map knowledge, no effort. Meanwhile, survivors are expected to play like esports-level loopers just to make it to the endgame.

    And somehow they’re calling this “quality of life for survivors.”

    We’re six months in. Where is it?

    No communication buff for solo queue

    No meaningful anti-tunnel tools

    No MMR improvements

    No solo-friendly perks or safety nets

    Just… more nerfs and more pressure.

    I don’t even mind losing if the match is fun — but when killer is getting easier and survivor is getting harder, and the devs are saying the opposite is happening, something is seriously wrong.

  • @coolgue1 said:

    Yeah, you’re absolutely right — and here’s the kicker: BHVR specifically said 2025 would be focused on Survivor Quality of Life.

    We’re now halfway through the year, and here’s what we’ve gotten:

    🔻 Survivor Nerfs:

    Self-unhook chance removed (can’t even 4% without a perk or offering)

    Suicide on hook nerfed (no more early outs unless someone lets you die)

    MMR punishes giving up or DCing, but doesn’t protect survivors from terrible teammates

    🔺 Killer Buffs:

    Hooks respawn in 30 seconds, even if you just sacrificed someone on it

    Hooks are super clustered, making sabotage and bodyblocking pointless

    No punishment for tunneling or camping

    Meta perks like Pain Res, No Way Out, Pop, Grim Embrace still dominate

    MMR rewards kills, not skill — you can tunnel 3 people in 4 minutes and the system thinks you're playing "well"

    It honestly feels like BHVR wants anyone with 24 hours of playtime to be able to pick up any killer and get a 4K — no skill, no map knowledge, no effort. Meanwhile, survivors are expected to play like esports-level loopers just to make it to the endgame.

    And somehow they’re calling this “quality of life for survivors.”

    We’re six months in. Where is it?

    No communication buff for solo queue

    No meaningful anti-tunnel tools

    No MMR improvements

    No solo-friendly perks or safety nets

    Just… more nerfs and more pressure.

    I don’t even mind losing if the match is fun — but when killer is getting easier and survivor is getting harder, and the devs are saying the opposite is happening, something is seriously wrong.

    Don't forget the spawn changes that makes killers spawn directly in front of survivors in like 70% of matches, when the survivors are spawning on top of each other constantly.

  • @ralecgos said:

    Mostly speaking about the anniversary mode. So many of my matches are complete stomps lately in either direction. Is it an MMR issue?

    I'll get teammates that sandbag all game, load in literally AFK doing nothing for a solid minute or 2 while everyone is dying. Basically, at least 1, or sometimes 2 teammates will seem literally like baby survivors, like brand new players.

    And on the flip side. My killers will be playing with legit competitive builds slamming us into the floor at 5 gens as hard as they can as if we gen rushed them and the gates are powered already.

    I logged off for the day because I'm having absolutely no fun lately. Again, not sure if this is an MMR problem right now, or the fact that they keep splitting the queue into the "main mode" and the party modes (anniversary, chaos shuffle, 2v8, and so on).

    For the record, a "fun game" doesn't have to be a game I win/escape. I just want to actually have good chases and get a lot of bloodpoints and at least have a CHANCE (like make it to at least 3 or 2 gens remaining AT LEAST). I don't exactly know what it is, but the quality of my games is TERRIBLE lately.

    Anyone else experiencing this too?

    Juste check here:

    @Coffee2Go said:

    Hi everyone, lets give this another try!

    I’d like to propose a concept that could help reduce unfair matches, rage DCs, and trolling especially in situations where killers face high-MMR SWFs running full-meta builds and other way around for solo queue survivors. The idea is to preserve player freedom while applying lightweight, dynamic adjustments that improve match fairness without removing perks, offerings, or core mechanics.

    What Is This?

    A Dynamic Fairness System that activates in the pre-lobby phase when a match is clearly unbalanced based on data like MMR differences, party size, perk/item strength, and playtime.

    This is designed for outlier cases — for example:

    A 4-stack SWF brings Dead Hard, Prove Thyself, Adrenaline, and BNPs

    Survivors are all high-MMR with hundreds of hours

    Killer is low-to-mid MMR with significantly less experience

    The match typically ends in 5–6 minutes with 4 escapes and maybe 1 hook. This system would recognize that pattern before the match begins and apply temporary, context-based perk/item tuning to reduce that imbalance.

    How It Works (Simplified)

    In the pre-lobby:

    The game analyzes each player's MMR, perks, items, match history, and team composition.

    The system will show a warning message or well an alert that the perks that they are running have been adjusted to match their recent performance and match the killers they have been getting.

    The system will work in harmony with killer design build and killer choice and their performance and on par with survivor choices.

    If the system detects a significant risk of a one-sided match, it applies soft balance changes like:

    Prove Thyself: reduced from +15% to +5% (only for this match)

    BNP: progress reduced to 60%, with a required skill check

    Dead Hard: slightly tighter timing window or longer exhaustion

    No perks or offerings are banned, map offerings are untouched, players are notified that slight tuning has occurred for balance.

    Example Scenario:

    A 4-stack of high-MMR survivors brings BNPs, full toolboxes, and meta perks into a match with a 1400-MMR killer running standard perks. The system detects the stomp risk and slightly reduces Prove Thyself’s gen speed and the effectiveness of BNPs. The match proceeds as normal, but the killer now has a realistic chance to engage.

    Same scenario can be applied if a higher mmr tier killer runs meta killer and perk build making it really unfair to play againts and rushes the match to the point where no gens can end up being fixed.

    Why This Matters:

    Meta builds stay usable, survivors can still run their favorite perks and items, but when team coordination and MMR advantage stack too high, small adjustments help prevent steamrolls without removing playstyles.

    Killers feel less punished, they’re more likely to stay in matches, leading to fewer early DCs and less frustration on both sides.

    Survivors gain stronger match quality, fairer matches mean more actual gameplay, not just fast escapes or short, unfun chases. It’s more rewarding when your build and teamwork are tested, not just auto-win.

    More stable matchmaking over time, fewer stomped killers = fewer rage quits = healthier queue times and better matchmaking quality overall, which helps everyone.

    No restrictions on play freedom, survivors still control their perks, maps, and loadouts. The system only soft-adjusts values in extreme cases, and only for that match.

    Reduces toxic behavior, when matches feel more balanced, there’s less griefing, trolling, and flaming between sides.

    Why Not Just Nerf the Perks Globally?

    Because those same perks might be fine in solo queue or lower-MMR matches. This system adjusts only when necessary and only in matches where synergy, items, and skill level converge in a way that creates extreme imbalance. It targets the context, not the content.

    Open for Feedback:

    This is just a proposal, I’m very interested in hearing what others think, especially players who’ve been on either end of extremely one-sided matches. The intent is not to punish good players, but to reduce unnecessary stomps and improve long-term match quality for everyone.

    Would also appreciate that before down-voting the people that downvote give a reason as to why they think it deserves a down vote.

    Thanks for reading!

    @Sjady (did not see what else you wrote in that one post)

1 2 ›