Why do killers do this when I don’t bm or loop for long?
I notice a lot of killers lately doing this in rank 10 to rank 2 which I’m currently at. One game I was being chased for about 2 gens by a Michael, when he caught me he stood at the hook and nodded his head and hit me, I never t-bagged or used flashlights to make him mad and he stood there and after a couple minutes a gen popped he didn’t care he stood there with me, someone came up to the hook he didn’t attempt to chase, so they left, then after one more gen someone came to try and save me and unhooked but obviously I couldn’t get away. Died before doing anything and he threw the game away for what reason? That happened in my last couple matches. I had more games where the killer only chased me all game, and the others weren’t even doing gens super fast, even with 3 gens left and me running past survivors on gens he ignored the ones doing gens and chased me. I wasn’t the obsession or anything. And these are higher ranked killers who should know to not chase one survivor too long. Most of them ended up not getting anyone for chasing me way too long
why would a killer throw the game away to get one person who’s not bming? I’m not trying to argue or stir up anything toxic I’m simply curious why a killer would stay with someone all game or chase one person all game who’s not taunting them in any way, especially more experienced killers who I can tell are very decent killers with their mind games and what not. Just why ?
Comments
I'm pretty sure you weren't as innocent as you claim you were. High-ranked, experienced Killers generally don't BM a specific Survivor just for fun.
Like I’ll waste my time lying and write this all out even though I really bmed them 🙄
I'm just saying how it is. You may think you didn't do anything toxic or to deserve being BMed, but you probably did, potentially unaware of it.
What was your name? Was it gimmicky or rude/strange? I'd say your chosen character may also impact how the killer behaves sometimes, though you wouldn't have so many in a row who also happened to all dislike Dwight, for instance. So, it likely isn't that. You could just be unlucky, too, and running into killers who are legit bad and rely on survivors making massive mistakes to get multiple kills and pip. It's really hard to say without asking them, though.
If the killers are tunneling you so bad that they're literally ignoring other survivors in their path and throw their game away to kill you.. then you're not as innocent as you believe. I've only seen this behavior when a survivor triggers the killer so hard that they're given a severe case of tunnel vision.
Well, it probably isn't either of those. It may be due to recent buffs to gen rushing (even though killers were complaining about gen times) or you were just wasting too much of the killer time. I believe killers can get annoyed when you use certain perks or loop them around the map (especially without wasting too many pallets). You weren't pointing or waving either, right? That can also be BM depending on the context.
Next time try standing still and taking the hit so that they don't get salty.
I was also going to say it's possible you accidentally joined into lobbies that have SWF present. I know that tends to make killers pretty salty.
It doesn't happen that often but it does happen. I was found by a Clown in Lery's before even toughing a gen, solo surv game btw and we joined lobby at different times. I don't take items or teabag. He caught me eventually and hooked me. Surv unhooked me and he tunnelled me, no obsession, no mori. He stopped to smack two different survivors off two different gens I had ran near and turned straight back to me. I'm guessing it's just the way he plays. But this happens so rarely it's strange it would happen a few games in a row.
My best guess is the same I give to survivors who BM me when I'm not camping, tunneling, or whatever the new made up rule is this week - "Some people just want the watch the world burn Master Wayne."
Maybe see if not bringing items help. Sometimes they assume you have insta-heals. Otherwise, I would suggest finding a friend to work on gens with and attempting to lose the killer during chases.
Without knowing all the details and actually seeing the trial from both perspectives, this can't be answered in any serious capacity.
Well, it's really more likely that you were just the first person they saw and happened to do something to tick them off (looping strong stuff, running around pallets without throwing, etc.). If you have room on your build, I would also suggest putting on Bond and finding teammates to work on gens with. If you're with another person, there's a chance they'll go after them instead of you. @Orion is right about it being difficult to know for sure why they're tunneling and camping without knowing their perspective, too, though. We can only guess.
It's no problem. c: If you said you didn't bm, I believe you. People have many reasons as to why the camp and tunnel someone. It isn't always related to being rude or purposefully doing something to irritate them. Quick and Quiet can help with sneaky window jukes. OH and if you're collecting those lights, don't. Pretty sure it makes you more visable and they may have more of a reason to chase after you.
Others are responding based on their own perspectives. For example, in my experience, people who come to forums asking why they were banned or why someone was mean to them in a game almost always know exactly what they did wrong and just want to pretend to be an innocent victim. I'd thus be inclined to react like DocOctober. However, for a more objective view, you'd probably need a recording or something.
@amaru1 Yeah, that's more than likely it. Killers are pressured on time and if you waste a lot of time, you'll end up pissing them off. While looping, look for opportunities to lose the killer. If they chase you for a good portion of the match, they're going to want you dead. I believe I heard someone said that it's their reward for the long chase or something like that. Can't remember who. If they're wasting so much time on you, you want to get away or lose them any way you can. Iron Will can help, too, so that you're quiet if you're injured and Prem can help in knowing where the killer is coming from (unless they're tier 1 Myers). It isn't really necessary if you keep sight of the killer (peeking around corners and walking/crawling out of sight).
I got facecamped and mori d multiple times during the event for not going down easily. One of those wannabe killers ended up in my lobby the same day TWICE so I facecamped him as well and he IMMEDIATELY messaged me "you're trash ***** camper" after the game. What does this tell you about killers? I think he didn't even remember me because he probably facecamps everyone who doesn't go down in 10 seconds and tells himself he's a good killer lmao. This game easily has the worst community of all online games of all times and that's coming from someone who played RTCW 1.0
You got cause and effect backwards. Toxic SWF came before toxic killers.