Earning the Hatch
In several threads, I’ve seen people complaining about how the people that usually get the hatch don’t deserve the hatch, so what in your opinion does someone have rondo to deserve a hatch escape?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If Killer finds it first, SV shouldn't be able to get it
If SV finds it first, he can have it, but needs to jump in right away. No BS like waiting for the Killer to find you Teabagging.
I assume they mean Claudettes.
You see what happens is 3 gens get done, and 1 person dies. A 4th gen will probably have a good amount of progress on it too. This situation is still winnable. So 2 of the survivors go to work on those gens hoping to open the doors and get the team out...
....However Claudette doesn't play like that. She decides that now that the hatch is guarenteed to spawn she can activate her natural camouflage and go hide in the basement or in a bush or a dark corner.
And so she does, and the other two survivors die whilst bravely trying to do the gens, and then they spectate and see Claudette stick her cowardly little head out from whatever rock shes been hiding behind and run straight across to the hatch because they all know exactly where it is.
Some claudettes even give up as soon as the first gen is done.
These survivors often do very little for the team and manage to escape just due to the fact that they hid at the edge of the map for most of the game.
F***ing Claudette's
NO survivor "deserves" the hatch, as it in itself is a pity escape for survivors not having managed to do their objectives. that it even gives more bp than a normal escape is ridicilous.
It only exists because survivors would instantly give up, not continue trying to actually do their objective or stall the game just out of spite.
Personally i think they should alter it so you cannot hatch if slugged. Right now the killer loses 90% of the time unless the survivor is braindead. The survivor is 100% in control.
He can run away and do a gen and try for the door, unless he makes a mistake and gets grabbed if the killer turns up all he has to do is take a hit and run back to the hatch.
Right now the killer swings he loses even if the survivor is slugged.
And stuff hatch standoff its an absolute waste of time for both parties involved i would rather just get back into another game.
I almost always give Laurie the hatch.
I ignore the hatch. I've already won at that point and the match ends quicker that way. It just isn't worth the time wasted guarding it.
If you are the last survivor and you can avoid me, you've earned it.
I don't think you have to 'earn' hatch. Some survivors play really scummy and camp hatch, and don't make saves or don't do gens. That sucks and both killers and other survivors hate it when it happens, but that doesn't mean you should punish everyone else that play fair and contribute to getting out by getting rid of a mechanic because a few trolls use it selfishly. Some Killers hate the hatch because 4k is equated to winning, even with a 3k and two hooks on the last survivors its like pokemon to them, gotta catch them all, or I didn't win. Same with some survivors. If you don't exit, you didn't win. I play for the bloodpoints and the fun of the game. Maybe if I had maxed out everyone I'd feel different. I do play killer on Xbox, mostly because I'm a controller gamer, so I'm starting to understand the grind from both sides.
I've grown so bitter of the hatch I've taken to just bodyblocking it and going AFK so Survivors will have to ######### do gens instead of getting a free escape.
An idea I once proposed was to have a key spawn in the basement (along with the basement chest) that a Survivor would need to take the hatch. They could take it for a future match or take it during the match to escape. This would give the Killer two spots to defend instead of one and would give the basement more importance. While the Killer could just camp the basement as soon as the Survivor realized what was going on they could easily just do gens instead.
If a survivor I particularly like is still living, I am gonna give them the hatch. That's when they "deserve" the hatch in my opinion. When they made the game more fun for me.
This is not sarcasm.
This comment is the most beautiful description I have ever read on this forum. You should consider writing a book or something.
I am impressed.
As frustrating as it is to see the worst person on your team who just sandbagged the whole game away get the hatch, the truth is in the pudding. They outlived you. Next time outlive them.
Thats just a fact we have to accept and move on to the next game.
You're my hero. I see way too many killers nowadays who are so ######### obsessed with the 4k they will literally sit there for 40 minutes guarding the hatch when they couldve done two more games in that time.
Its so dumb.
I am so sick and tired of THOSE survivors who can’t just go, they force the already won game to go on even further and hold the killer hostage by looking for the hatch for extra bp and bm. Nah THEY don’t deserve it. The only ones that actually deserve it are the final survivors who played the game and didn’t give me toxicity.
I also think if survivors REMAIN in the map after the gates are open (or tier 2 or 3 to avoid abuse of mechanics) the Entity should reveal their auras to the killer.
I agree that after 2-3 minutes once the gates are open all survivors still on the map should be revealed. It's ridiculous when they hold the game hostage at the end. Everyone just wants to get on to the next game.