Leave Freddy Alone!
I understand I am going to get some generic cookie cutter response as to why he is the worst killer, but that is just definitely NOT the case. Whether it be the 7 seconds argument, how fast you wake up, any of it!
People legitimately do not know how to play Freddy, he is NOT good for tunneling as his tracking implies, and he mostly amazing at slugging, stalling, and information collecting.
Regardless, a rework is coming apparently but for goodness sake devs, don't ruin him. The memes made him seem like the worst killer simply due to that fated first week nerf, but he is not awful.
If anything you guys should've worked with Trapper or Leatherface first. Perhaps even The Clown.
Comments
Guy has so much potential. I could imagine a lot of inventive ways to change his mechanics, but I do hope he will not get some simple minded steroid treatment of basic buffs.
As a Freddy main I wholeheartedly agree and I said the same thing over and over again. People legitimately do not care enough to learn to play him, and just jump in on this bandwagon that he is terrible. I love playing Freddy the way he is right now, and I do REALLY well in games. I really hope that the rework will never happen, and if it does it doesn't ruin what I already love about Freddy game style.
Any rework will nerf him. I'm sure of it.
Freddy requires time and effort to master. He won't become a second Nurse for it, but he is more than valuable.
Let me also remind you freddy is supposed to harness your fear and turn it against you yet his design so banal and simple. Simple changes like a dream meter that gradually increases to exposed effect would add to his theme and make him more in line with the movies hes based off. You want to retain this killer as is fine but don't you dare call this killer freddy he is far from a proper representitve of the dream demon himself.
The problem with Freddy is that he's not enjoyable for either side to play. It's not enjoyable for the Killer to have a 7 second head start in a chase. It's not enjoyable to spend 20 minutes waiting for a skill check so that you can start playing the game again.
There's also the RNG problem which I've had several points of view on. I don't think Freddy at his core is flawed by the sleeping mechanic is awful and is the root of 95% of his issues.
That's Legion. Freddy is very fun to play as.
Most Survivors don't like going against him because they expect EZ TROLL HIM OCHIDO STYLE xDDDD but he isn't that easy if the Freddy is experienced. But that doesn't apply to everyone. Some people do just have killers they just don't like playing against; me personally, playing against Hag is hell.
As a former Freddy main turned Legion main, I agree with this 100%. He suffers from a similar problem amongst the playerbase that Legion has: People look at what their powers do and think that the more ineffective and hindering way to play them (i.e. tunneling) is the best way, when in reality that couldn't be further from the truth: With both Killers, spreading pressure is the absolute best way to play, as it creates much more stall and allows you much more freedom of planning and pacing.
I've never thought Freddy needed a rework. The most "reworked" thing I want to see about him is replacing his aura reading with a baseline Class Photo, since it a. discourages tunneling, b. Compliments the strengths of his power, and c. constant aura reading like that which he has now is toxic and trollish in any capacity.
Hey what's up fellow epic gamer whomst I ironically first encountered when I was playing as Fredward. How's it been? It's been a while since we last jerked each other off over our superior Fredward main intellect.
nah, he needs a buff.
agree he's not far off, maybe just make skill checks moderately less likely in dream state and he would be fine.
I would buff him that way as it's not how long it takes to put ppl into dream state that's annoying(you can play round that) it's the fact they get out within seconds.
Okay
so
basically
FREDDY GOES HA HA HA AND I DON'T THINK THAT'S BEATABLE
Freddy OP he make gen go slow
My only problems with Freddy is that he cannot defend his hook and if all the Gens are done are you don't have any Endgame perks you're screwed.
I don't have any problem with his slower speed during the Transition, it gives me time to set up a slap to the face, so satisfying when they backflip to the floor.
But I'm happy for the rework, hopefully they don't ruin him, hopefully they don't make him worse and unfun. I love Freddy, I'm playing Pig now but my Avatar might always be Freddy.
Even if he is good he is not fun to play as or against, that's one of the reasons why he is being reworked. Also it's too late now, they are already far in the rework process
Me and two others made a Freddy guide solely because we felt the same way. Freddy is extremely underrated and very misunderstood by the community. His stall and tracking are better than Doc's, and his slugging game is pretty damn good.