new quest system isnt very great
in an attempt to integrate newer players arguably has made things worse. it feels like such a chore and i feel like im just…. playing the game for lack of a better term lol. i made my match around my challenge and the challenges feel very dull now on top of giving to little to no bp - and the rift change on top of it is just rough.
i feel dbd is generally a learning curve from the get go - and the compendium/tome was certainly not the issue for new players. the tutorial is in a desperate need of an update. they arguably need to be more generous about giving bloodpoints and iri shards so new characters and perks can be obtained more easily. upping the bp cap to then lower how many bp you get is absolutely ridiculous. i dont think alot of players wanted it to be this drastic.
now i do like how we can select several challenges and dailies are actually both killer/survivors.
Comments
I totally 100% agree to this. The low bloodpoint gain feel like a chore to even bother going for challenges. ATP Just use an escape cake, youll make more then what you'd earn from any challenge. Old challenges made the match…A CHALLENGE. The low rift points feel like i have to log in every day to finish the rift. It isnt all bad like you said, the selecting several challenges and having dailies no longer locked for a speicifc side feels great, but it feels like we are taking step backs, esp with how minial the BP gain has become.
The old Tome had personality. The challenges changed things up and gave players different goals. Being able to complete multiple challenges at a time was something I wanted, but now I regret wanting that because holy hell what BHVR has given us here is awful. All they had to do was a small change to future Tome chapters, and instead they overhauled the whole thing. They removed earning Rift Fragments via XP, they made the grind horribly worse. In a game where player burnout is already a huge issue they've created a system that requires near-daily participation to complete the battle pass. Brilliant.
I'm really considering uninstalling the game if BHVR doesn't walk some of this back. I won't be manipulated to play this game like it's my job. And knowing the Compendium's days are numbered has me feeling like I might as well stop playing now rather than waste my time playing only to stop playing later when it's yanked (having the Pustula Plant challenge selected is like one of my favorite things).
I agree i went from getting my challenges done to getting my handful of quests done and nothing seemed to progress, did they change the value of doing them to the minimum??
Also it feels very..Fortnite. I Much preferred the old system.
Agreed, it feels like a significant downgrade from the old system. I think I would prefer something like:
Of course for this Tome specifically it's probably too late to change things, but I really hope BHVR take this on board for future Tomes, because this quest system is a significant downgrade as it currently exists. Dailies have gotten worse and perhaps most importantly, the sensation that Tomes are a form of new content has vanished. It all feels like generic objectives that just boil down to "play the game".