Killer instinct no longer shows people in lockers

SUMMARY OF THE ISSUE: If you get killer instinct on a person in a locker, the visual is not shown but you can still hear the heartbeat.

PLATFORM: Steam

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW THE ISSUE OCCURED: Play a killer who can use killer instinct, trigger whatever condition is needed to reveal them while they are in a locker. You will be able to track them by sound but you won't see the visual.

VIDEO:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uBj20GqND5ZnPgtBCF0se1ytiUju1MpV/view?usp=sharing

PLAYER LOGS:

DeadByDaylight.log
Tagged: Under Review

Comments

  • I'm like 90% sure this is tied to the changes to the 8.7.0 patch note:

    • ADDON: Yamori's mask no longer reveal Survivors hiding in lockers.

    I think a line of code was mixed up somewhere and that made it affect all instances of killer instinct instead of just when that add-on is equipped. That might help this get fixed faster.

  • @Jhei said:

    I'm like 90% sure this is tied to the changes to the 8.7.0 patch note:

    • ADDON: Yamori's mask no longer reveal Survivors hiding in lockers.

    I think a line of code was mixed up somewhere and that made it affect all instances of killer instinct instead of just when that add-on is equipped. That might help this get fixed faster.

    I figured as much. My guess is that they accidentally put Yamori's mask as a killer instinct effect, as it used to bypass both lockers and anti-scream perks. And now since this doesn't work on lockers, killer instinct doesn't work on lockers.

  • Confirm this is also an issue with the Artist crows. I hear the heartbeat notification, but not the visual cue. This appears to be only n the lockers as I do get normal visual and audio while in chase or they are hiding just out of sight.

  • Still bugged as of May 19th, 2025. Tested on Legion and Artist, killer instinct visual still not appearing for survivors in lockers, audio still works.

  • This also affects Onryo once a survivor has got seven stacks of condemn.

  • Bumping because this is apparently still bugged. I was so confused on Dredge - I could hear the heartbeat but I couldn't see Killer Instinct anywhere.

    Good to know for the future I guess, I'll just teleport to all lockers in the vicinity.

  • @Valimure said:

    Bumping because this is apparently still bugged. I was so confused on Dredge - I could hear the heartbeat but I couldn't see Killer Instinct anywhere.

    Good to know for the future I guess, I'll just teleport to all lockers in the vicinity.

    In case this is still bugged after 9.1.0, you can track the direction of the heartbeat if you have headphones. That's how I would find people previously.

  • Bumping this as I have personally experienced this problem once again, post 9.1.1

  • This content has been removed.