THIS JUST IN: BHVR CONTINUES TO BE STINGY WITH BP

This actually has nothing to do with the Blood Moon Event, but about the dev update that released today.

Screenshot (192).png

It is common for players to save challenges and rituals for future characters, but with the new quest system, outside of older tomes, that will now be completely impossible. Way to go BHVR, this is actually a big L on their part. Hope you're planning on uncapping bp soon and not just raising it to 5 mil. At least make this a toggle option.

Comments

  • Wouldn't be surprised if it simply was yet another oversight.

  • @Choaron said:

    Wouldn't be surprised if it simply was yet another oversight.

    It can't be an oversight because oversight implies that it was unintentional, the fact that they're straight up stating it means it's completely intended and what they want to happen. It's not complicated enough for there to be an "oversight." Doesn't mean it doesn't suck a lot.

  • To be fair, 5 Million BPs should be enough to bring a new character or two new characters to a decently high Prestige. If you spend 2,5 Million on a new Killer and new Survivor, you will have lots of Offerings, Items and Add Ons to be used. I dont think that saving Tome Challenges would be as important anymore.

    Even tho I have read that some people have saved over 20 Million BPs in those old challenges, but this just shows that you dont even need those saved points apparently if people are still saving them. Let alone that I dont know why people are doing it, when I reach two million BPs I am already dying internally because I dont want to spend them since it takes so long, I cannot really think of someone really wanting to sit in the Bloodweb to spend 20+ Million BPs.

  • They're increasing the BP cap to 5 million so there will be less reason to want to save BP. I get what you're saying but I personally massively prefer these things to be equipped and redeemed automatically.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    To be fair, 5 Million BPs should be enough to bring a new character or two new characters to a decently high Prestige. If you spend 2,5 Million on a new Killer and new Survivor, you will have lots of Offerings, Items and Add Ons to be used. I dont think that saving Tome Challenges would be as important anymore.

    Even tho I have read that some people have saved over 20 Million BPs in those old challenges, but this just shows that you dont even need those saved points apparently if people are still saving them. Let alone that I dont know why people are doing it, when I reach two million BPs I am already dying internally because I dont want to spend them since it takes so long, I cannot really think of someone really wanting to sit in the Bloodweb to spend 20+ Million BPs.

    Although I see your point, anyone who has saved up that much in tome challenges aren't planning on spending them any time soon and probably just aren't spending bp in general. I'm talking about more so for the people like me who are like "Hey I should probably save points from the most recent tome for the next chapter" and then spends all those points on the next chapter like planned. Same said for rituals.

  • @MrMori said:

    They're increasing the BP cap to 5 million so there will be less reason to want to save BP. I get what you're saying but I personally massively prefer these things to be equipped and redeemed automatically.

    The 5 mil seems to be a test only during the blood moon. Which means once blood moon is over, before the patch drops, it will decrease down to 2 mil. I would love to be wrong though. They did use the word "test" though. I'm saving up prior to the blood moon ending though because something tells me like the last time they messed with rituals, we won't be able to keep those points for the update.

  • there shoulsnt be a cap o BP to begin with...