Match-making on drugs.

I never had this happening to me. I know that it's possible to find red ranks if you're around rank 5 but... this? How could this happen when their ranks on average are not lesser than 10?
Should this be reported as a bug? Thanks for helping.
Comments
Either you or they were waiting too long and both of you got tossed together. Weird though... were they a 4 man SWF?... Wonder if the host of the SWF was in a low pop region and maybe caused that to happen.
No, they joined at different times.
... Oh. Guess something is really going on after this patch.
Working as intended
Matchmaking has always been horrible, that has been the case years ago already
The most severe case I got was me (6 at the time), and my friends (8 and 10) matched with a rank 18 Huntress. Not as crazy, but something happened to the algorithm to cause this to happen somewhat frequently