when dropping a pallet, killer sometimes use the swing animation to get out of being stunned. This should not be allowed. If you are picking up at a pallet the killer should be able to be stunned and not block it by swinging. This has been an issue for awhile now. Also we need to talk about gen rushing. What the heck! I literally started a game and not even 1 minute later 2 to 3 gen’s are almost completed. Something needs to be done about this, the cheaters the excessive brand new parts etc! I don’t think either side is fun at the current state of DBD and I don’t know if I even want to play anymore. No improvements on getting rid of cheaters (the obvious ones especially) just make the game unenjoyable. Hope the coming updates actually balances the game. I play both roles but both seem like they need a TON of work. Get to work behavior bc I love DBD and hate to leave.
Why shouldn't this be allowed? You dropped it to late and because of that he didn't get hit. You're already stuck in place for it feels like half a second maybe even an entire one.
Why shouldn't this be allowed? You dropped it to late and because of that he didn't get hit. You're already stuck in place for it feels like half a second maybe even an entire one.
To be fair, sometimes you cannot drop the Pallet despite mashing Space. I have the suspicion that if the Killer lunges their position at the end of the lunge is determined when deciding if the Killes is blocking the Pallet from being dropped or not.
when dropping a pallet, killer sometimes use the swing animation to get out of being stunned. This should not be allowed. If you are picking up at a pallet the killer should be able to be stunned and not block it by swinging. This has been an issue for awhile now. Also we need to talk about gen rushing. What the heck! I literally started a game and not even 1 minute later 2 to 3 gen’s are almost completed. Something needs to be done about this, the cheaters the excessive brand new parts etc! I don’t think either side is fun at the current state of DBD and I don’t know if I even want to play anymore. No improvements on getting rid of cheaters (the obvious ones especially) just make the game unenjoyable. Hope the coming updates actually balances the game. I play both roles but both seem like they need a TON of work. Get to work behavior bc I love DBD and hate to leave.
Oh, yeah. Let's leave a strategy that already doesn't have much counterplay without more counterplay, great idea.
To be fair, sometimes you cannot drop the Pallet despite mashing Space. I have the suspicion that if the Killer lunges their position at the end of the lunge is determined when deciding if the Killes is blocking the Pallet from being dropped or not.
That's just the killer beeing too close to your side and blocking you, or palettes that have a bad hitbox where you can't drop in general. At least I didn't see it work that way, it was simply just the palette that didn't want to work quite right.
But those problems with dropping I also have with normal throws to stun, sometimes the palette doesn't accept being dropped.
To be fair, sometimes you cannot drop the Pallet despite mashing Space. I have the suspicion that if the Killer lunges their position at the end of the lunge is determined when deciding if the Killes is blocking the Pallet from being dropped or not.
The killer has no collision when he picks up (or atleast had a while ago). So if you are a bit earlier you can reach the pallet through the killer, but if you are there at the perfect time to drop, the killer hitbox blocks. And the hitbox is weird, im next to the pallet and cant drop it.
But i think you can always not drop it, even if it looks like it, the only reason you can is because you clip through the killer if you move in while he picks.
The killer has no collision when he picks up (or atleast had a while ago). So if you are a bit earlier you can reach the pallet through the killer, but if you are there at the perfect time to drop, the killer hitbox blocks. And the hitbox is weird, im next to the pallet and cant drop it.
But i think you can always not drop it, even if it looks like it, the only reason you can is because you clip through the killer if you move in while he picks.
I am not talking about Killers picking up, but Killers swinging through Pallets.
A simple counter play is to bait survivors out. Or not down them under a pallet.
If the survivor has Background player, which is a very common perk, especially in SWF, even if you bait them they will still be able to get there in time. And not downing a survivor under the pallet is not always possible, since the survivor has control over where he will be downed, not you.
I am not talking about Killers picking up, but Killers swinging through Pallets.
Ah Interesting, i always think its just connection. But there must be something. A short swing moves your hitbox immediately, thats why good killers use it against pallet campers.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Why shouldn't this be allowed? You dropped it to late and because of that he didn't get hit. You're already stuck in place for it feels like half a second maybe even an entire one.
To be fair, sometimes you cannot drop the Pallet despite mashing Space. I have the suspicion that if the Killer lunges their position at the end of the lunge is determined when deciding if the Killes is blocking the Pallet from being dropped or not.
Oh, yeah. Let's leave a strategy that already doesn't have much counterplay without more counterplay, great idea.
That's just the killer beeing too close to your side and blocking you, or palettes that have a bad hitbox where you can't drop in general. At least I didn't see it work that way, it was simply just the palette that didn't want to work quite right.
But those problems with dropping I also have with normal throws to stun, sometimes the palette doesn't accept being dropped.
The killer has no collision when he picks up (or atleast had a while ago). So if you are a bit earlier you can reach the pallet through the killer, but if you are there at the perfect time to drop, the killer hitbox blocks. And the hitbox is weird, im next to the pallet and cant drop it.
But i think you can always not drop it, even if it looks like it, the only reason you can is because you clip through the killer if you move in while he picks.
I am not talking about Killers picking up, but Killers swinging through Pallets.
If the survivor has Background player, which is a very common perk, especially in SWF, even if you bait them they will still be able to get there in time. And not downing a survivor under the pallet is not always possible, since the survivor has control over where he will be downed, not you.
Ah Interesting, i always think its just connection. But there must be something. A short swing moves your hitbox immediately, thats why good killers use it against pallet campers.