Freddy Feels Decent
So just came back from a two or three month break of DBD after getting burned out, and found my Killer rank had reset to 19 from my 8. I was pretty okay with this since I wanted to run a new Killer anyways and take a break from Spirit, and after a bit I decided to try Freddy because not to many people run him, so at the very least I'd have that on my side.
So far I've done about a dozen games with him, and the worst I did was they had to complete three gens. I'm certain a huge part about my current success is that I'm against brand new players for the most part whereas I'm a semi-experienced player on both sides. I know how to look for jukes, when to put pressure and when to back off.
So far I'm only around level 11 or so with Freddy since I sunk bloodpoints into Spirit to get Haunted Ground unlocked on the bloodweb, but the two perks I'm running are Fire Up combined with Sloppy Butcher, both of which are doing some work. It's also nice to have that built in Deerstalker, so I just slug away without a care. And it's probably Fire Up, but his lunge just feels great.
All in all, he feels like a decent Killer. I'm sure as I regain my higher ranks I'll have more difficulty, but right now I'm having fun with him. He's still a female dog to go against as a Survivor though.
Comments
If you’re a good killer Freddy can be good, however your success could be from going against new players.
@> @KiraElijah said:
@KiraElijah is right.
I usually only make 4k's with Freddy when I use late game perks like Remember Me, Blood warden and NOED. Becomes so fun once everybody is put to sleep.
My Freddy games i always run end game builds. That's where Freddy shines.
His end game builds can be dirty as hell and i love them.
Freddy is a strong Killer if you put some time and effort into him.
It's mostly because you really can't allow to make mistakes on him. As all game mechanics are stacked against him, he gets punished for it even more than other Killers, which leads most to believe, that he's weak.
But, but, endgame Freddy build is awesome....
Remember me
NOED
Bitter Murmur
Somewhat flex perk, but Fire Up works pretty well because of all 5 gens done, go BBQ if you want points.
Even though all you say is true, it can be near impossible for a team to exit through the gates. If you get 6 stacks on it and you make sure everyone is healed as the last gen gets done, run bitter murmur and sleep everyone on the last gen. Exit gates will be insanely slow and you have NOED.
Freddy makes has the best endgame because of his ability, can't really get out of sleep when everyone's healed and no gens to be done. Somewhat wonky to pull off I guess.
It can be very hard to get anything done with Freddy, but his snowball potential is real.
All survivors have to do to avoid Freddy's endgame is split up and not get seen. Freddy can't cover the whole map.
The beautiful thing about Freddy is that although his power clearly has disadvantages, he has the best potential for 4K. With any other killer it's just tedious and boring to slug the third and hunt down the fourth, then go back looking for the third again (and no way I'm wasting a perk slot on high ranks on Deerstalker). His ability though makes it so wonderfully easy to find the one who slugged, after you've dealt with the other.
If you manage to get to that point, that is.
Split up and not get seen, is like saying don't get hit...
You can't split up and not get found and do gens all at the same time, if you split up then 4 of the 7 gens have a target on them.
Besides, a lot of Freddys use class photo of 94'95 or whatever. He is such a bad killer without addons, but with addons he is extremely hard to deal with.
Sorry, but git gud.
I suggest you spend some time playing and actually learning him. Sure he has the most disadvantages of any Killer, but learn how to circumvent them and he becomes quite strong and it even improves your skill on all other Killers due to his limitations.
lol. Have fun getting flashlight-blinded at every pallet drop and teabagged at the exit gates.
You said it yourself. He has everything stacked against him. That's why he's the worst killer in the game. No matter how you "mindgame" survivors, his mechanics will always prevent you from doing as well as you could do with literally every other killer (aside, maybe, from the Legion). Even a speed limiter Leatherkek is like ten times more effective and efficient than Freddy.
Nurses Calling
Sloppy Butcher
Remember Me
Fire Up
You forgot the part where Freddy has the best stall, and amazing slug potential. A mindgame while in dream state, bonkers add ons too. And since SC isnt as meta? He's juicy.
His hook defense is unacceptably bad and his inability to stop an action while in transition occuring is really bad. Lets not forget adreanline is a meta survivour perk that crushes a lot of his end game builds and throws a spanner into the works. I still enjoy him as a killer but his kit is missing some form of pallet tech.
I have a better feeling playing perkless Freddy than any Doctor. Freddy himself is Ruin
Freddy + Remember Me + NOED + Class Photo = profit.
Replace NOED with Rancor, then yes