I hate legion now!

He was one of my least favorite killer to play with. You cant hide from him anywhere, i spend half the match in the bushes healing myself or others which is always boring as hell, and each match drags on forever, because each legion only has perks that slow down whole game, dragging out the match even longer. And the worst thing is that there is usually at least one player in the team who falls next to him after 5 seconds, and game is lost anyway, despite everyone trying.
Luckily legion was rare in dbd...

I hated him completely after the last two weeks of 2v8. Every match with him was awful, unless a complete noob was playing, who got smacked with palette about 20 times during one match. But apart from that, every semi-competent player was a pain.

Today i had 5 already, almost in a row (if you dont count the two matches where someone gave up on the first hook). After second one, for the first time, I started disconnecting so often on purpose after over 3000 hours. Ive reached the limit. I have a half hour penalty now, I wont start this game today. Its funny that developers want to punish people even more. I honestly dont think anything would stop me from avoiding every legion at this point.

IMO there should be a limit. There are 30 killers in the game, and the player gets one 3 times in a row? identical maps one after another have never been a problem for me, but this is now. i dont want to play with legion anymore.

In general, i think each player should be able to choose one killer they do not want to play with.

This would definitely solve a lot of frustrations in this game.

What do you think?

Comments

  • @Tekati851 said:

    He was one of my least favorite killer to play with. You cant hide from him anywhere, i spend half the match in the bushes healing myself or others which is always boring as hell, and each match drags on forever, because each legion only has perks that slow down whole game, dragging out the match even longer. And the worst thing is that there is usually at least one player in the team who falls next to him after 5 seconds, and game is lost anyway, despite everyone trying.
    Luckily legion was rare in dbd...

    I hated him completely after the last two weeks of 2v8. Every match with him was awful, unless a complete noob was playing, who got smacked with palette about 20 times during one match. But apart from that, every semi-competent player was a pain.

    Today i had 5 already, almost in a row (if you dont count the two matches where someone gave up on the first hook). After second one, for the first time, I started disconnecting so often on purpose after over 3000 hours. Ive reached the limit. I have a half hour penalty now, I wont start this game today. Its funny that developers want to punish people even more. I honestly dont think anything would stop me from avoiding every legion at this point.

    IMO there should be a limit. There are 30 killers in the game, and the player gets one 3 times in a row? identical maps one after another have never been a problem for me, but this is now. i dont want to play with legion anymore.

    In general, i think each player should be able to choose one killer they do not want to play with.

    This would definitely solve a lot of frustrations in this game.

    What do you think?

    Brace yourself, your gonna hate them more cause they are getting a unnecessary buff sigh.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3893156#Comment_3893156

    Really? I thought it was more nerfy. Maybe I need to read it again lol. Ty!

    edit:

    Ah, yeah…. I was thinking about mending in general.

    • [CHANGE] Decreased fatigue time to 2.5 seconds (was 3)
    • [CHANGE] Increased fatigue move speed to 2.3 m/s (was 2.07)
    • [CHANGE] Feral Frenzy lasts for 11 seconds (was 10)
    • [CHANGE] Feral Frenzy cooldown is now 15 seconds (was 20)
    • [CHANGE] Movement speed earned by hit during Feral Frenzy is now 0.24 (was 0.20)
    • [CHANGE] Adjusted several Add-Ons.

    The last two are whatever. The first two are.. gonna be felt. The middle two are going to be downright annoying and create more disconnects.

    For me its the first two so, I do my job to dodge the hard enough frenzy slash since we know legions tend to connect the hit 90% of time, usually instead of pallets usually I go by a locker and fast hop in as they about to swing to make them doink the locker.

    3 seconds fatigue gave very ample time to jump out and run or hell give them a well placed head on to add on top of frenzy xd. So an indirect nerf on head on them.

  • Don't worry @Tekati851, in the next patch you'll never have to face them ever again… for more than a minute at a time at least:

    @TWiXT said:

    A lot of people are praising the Legion buffs and Mending nerfs, but Here's how an actual Legion trial/match will go down:

    1. Survivors realize they're against Legion.
    2. Allow Legion to Frenzy Strike them all and run to the corners of the map.
    3. Let Deep Wounds timer tick down, putting them into the dying state.
    4. Click Surrender.

    They both buffed Legion AND gave us an easy way to "Go Next" without any penalties. Well done devs, I never liked going up against Legion for a full match, and now I'll never have to… for more than a minute at a time.

    /s

    Edit:

    Ok, hate me all you want guys, its fine, if you wanna shoot the messenger: fire away… Doesn't mean I'm wrong though.

    I'm just pointing out an easy to spot Flaw in the new system that the devs may not have foreseen. However, They were clued in enough to foresee that survivors might abuse Plot Twist for an Easy "Go Next" option, and addressed it in the dev notes, so it's just really funny to me that they prepped the upcoming PTB to counter that, but somehow missed the scenario I'm proposing here.

    You can't honestly tell me survivors WON'T adopt this "Tech" either. Player Pettiness is the whole reason the DC penalty had to be implemented in the first place.

  • @Tekati851 said:

    He was one of my least favorite killer to play with. You cant hide from him anywhere, i spend half the match in the bushes healing myself or others which is always boring as hell, and each match drags on forever, because each legion only has perks that slow down whole game, dragging out the match even longer. And the worst thing is that there is usually at least one player in the team who falls next to him after 5 seconds, and game is lost anyway, despite everyone trying.
    Luckily legion was rare in dbd...

    I hated him completely after the last two weeks of 2v8. Every match with him was awful, unless a complete noob was playing, who got smacked with palette about 20 times during one match. But apart from that, every semi-competent player was a pain.

    Today i had 5 already, almost in a row (if you dont count the two matches where someone gave up on the first hook). After second one, for the first time, I started disconnecting so often on purpose after over 3000 hours. Ive reached the limit. I have a half hour penalty now, I wont start this game today. Its funny that developers want to punish people even more. I honestly dont think anything would stop me from avoiding every legion at this point.

    IMO there should be a limit. There are 30 killers in the game, and the player gets one 3 times in a row? identical maps one after another have never been a problem for me, but this is now. i dont want to play with legion anymore.

    In general, i think each player should be able to choose one killer they do not want to play with.

    This would definitely solve a lot of frustrations in this game.

    What do you think?

    Aw man now my fav killer receiving hate again );

  • i spend half the match in the bushes healing myself or others which is always boring as hell

    This is your mistake right here. Stop healing vs. Legion.

    Their power is basically useless if everyone is injured, and being injured vs Legion is less dangerous than just looping against tier 3 Myers, since Myers also has a longer lunge and faster vaults.

    Legion is fine and a opt out of a killer system doesn't need to and shouldn't exist... as the Skull Merchant debacle shows, it gives a tool for mass boycotting to cut a killers achilles tendons.

  • @UndeddJester said:

    i spend half the match in the bushes healing myself or others which is always boring as hell

    This is your mistake right here. Stop healing vs. Legion.

    Their power is basically useless if everyone is injured, and being injured vs Legion is less dangerous than just looping against tier 3 Myers, since Myers also has a longer lunge and faster vaults.

    Legion is fine and a opt out of a killer system doesn't need to and shouldn't exist.

    I agree with you, but we are a minority here on the forums. The game doesn’t do a good job at communicating that to players. Players themselves have to take initiative to learn counterplay. For some, that is too much work into a game they only play now and then.

  • I understand your argument is you are tired of going against the same killer but if you are just struggling with going against legion I have tips
    I do play and main legion but I want to make sure everyone has fun so I'll give you some ideas for counterplay so you don't have as much of a hard time:

    - When the legion starts frenzy do not heal or mend make sure you stay injured

    - You should always have one /two healthy survivors on your team but make sure you stay injured because healing is a time waster

    - if the legion hits you in frenzy and tries to get to the next person block his path and make sure they don't get another hit

    - legion has terrible and little to no anti loop so once feral frenzy stun is active go to the nearest area you can confidently loop at because legion will have a hard time and probably give up chase

    - any and every version of stunning causes frenzy to stop that includes flashlights/flashbangs/blast mine?

    - Spread out and don't stay close to survivors and do gens separately if you see a survivor on a gen already go to a further away gen

    - if you know feral frenzy is active go where there are no vaults and don't camp pallets as the legion can easily bait those or swing past it

    Hope these tips help
    Good luck and see you in the fog!

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3893156#Comment_3893156

    Really? I thought it was more nerfy. Maybe I need to read it again lol. Ty!

    edit:

    Ah, yeah…. I was thinking about mending in general.

    • [CHANGE] Decreased fatigue time to 2.5 seconds (was 3)
    • [CHANGE] Increased fatigue move speed to 2.3 m/s (was 2.07)
    • [CHANGE] Feral Frenzy lasts for 11 seconds (was 10)
    • [CHANGE] Feral Frenzy cooldown is now 15 seconds (was 20)
    • [CHANGE] Movement speed earned by hit during Feral Frenzy is now 0.24 (was 0.20)
    • [CHANGE] Adjusted several Add-Ons.

    The last two are whatever. The first two are.. gonna be felt. The middle two are going to be downright annoying and create more disconnects.

    Why? Because the killer doesn't go into a massive stun after using their own power?

  • @WolfePhD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3893199#Comment_3893199

    I agree with you, but we are a minority here on the forums. The game doesn’t do a good job at communicating that to players. Players themselves have to take initiative to learn counterplay. For some, that is too much work into a game they only play now and then.

    Fair point, and yes, I do agree that the ability to learn/study mechanics in this game is difficult...

    However in the same breathe, I only started playing DBD 22 months ago, I've gone through the modern day DBD learning iceberg personally myself, and in my opinion modern online video gaming is very hard in general, and you go into it knowing its hard. For every game now worth playing, you do have to put in time to learn the game.

    As an example, I've been playing Marvel Rivals lately, and that game seems very pick up and play, and there are characters like Jonny Storm or Scarlet Witch or Spiderman who seem absolutely broken and stupidly easy to new players...

    However if you do some research and really learn how they and the game works, you come to realise they aren't actually that strong at all, in fact they are actually quite bad. Anything that seems "broken" is quite often just a knowledge gap... and I personally believe too many players in modern gaming are quick to ahout "busted", when they should instead humble themselves and make a genuine attempt to learn before reaching that conclusion.

    That's a pipe dream I realise, but in regards to learning how to beat killers, there are numerous videos and guides available that are very easy to find, and while something like this could be added to the game, a step by step how-to for each killer seems a bit weird as a feature...

    That said I see no harm in allowing players to trial killers in a private game to at least see first hand how their power works... that would be a nice feature to address the problem.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3893216#Comment_3893216

    Yeah actually. Its been that way for how long? Suddenly changing something after years of it being one way will naturally get some groans.

    The stun made it a bit more balanced, imo. Now he can run around without much care. Missed a frenzy? Ah well, the survivor can't get away without a hit anyway unless they are right next to a vault.

    We'll have to see.

    Hopefully it's not like that and the stun give enough distance for survivors to not complain but I still feel like the buffs were necessary but if it's not as balanced as I think it can use some tweaks

  • I always wished they would add a killer repeat prevention system to ensure you wouldn’t go against the same killer twice in a row but come to think of it, it would probably screw over queue times a lot for the higher picked killers like wesker, blight, huntress, legion, etc. For legion tho in particular, I HATED legion when I started playing this game but once you realize they are a bare bones m1 4.6 killer when you’re injured you can juice them up pretty good. The only times I hate legion is when they use thanataphobia and only play for feral slash hits, once u hear the terror radius all they do is come by, make u go into deep wounds, run away to the next survivor and ONLY commits chases when the survivor is in a dead zone or with only 1-2 pallets in the area.

  • @Tekati851 said:

    He was one of my least favorite killer to play with. You cant hide from him anywhere, i spend half the match in the bushes healing myself or others which is always boring as hell, and each match drags on forever, because each legion only has perks that slow down whole game, dragging out the match even longer. And the worst thing is that there is usually at least one player in the team who falls next to him after 5 seconds, and game is lost anyway, despite everyone trying.
    Luckily legion was rare in dbd...

    I hated him completely after the last two weeks of 2v8. Every match with him was awful, unless a complete noob was playing, who got smacked with palette about 20 times during one match. But apart from that, every semi-competent player was a pain.

    Today i had 5 already, almost in a row (if you dont count the two matches where someone gave up on the first hook). After second one, for the first time, I started disconnecting so often on purpose after over 3000 hours. Ive reached the limit. I have a half hour penalty now, I wont start this game today. Its funny that developers want to punish people even more. I honestly dont think anything would stop me from avoiding every legion at this point.

    IMO there should be a limit. There are 30 killers in the game, and the player gets one 3 times in a row? identical maps one after another have never been a problem for me, but this is now. i dont want to play with legion anymore.

    In general, i think each player should be able to choose one killer they do not want to play with.

    This would definitely solve a lot of frustrations in this game.

    What do you think?

    What do you think?

    That's my secret. I never think.

  • The biggest problem with Legion is that so many players don’t know how to counter them. I play solo queue, so it’s usually a guarantee that a couple of my teammates will mend and then fully heal every team Legion hits them, meaning they basically never touch gens. Legion are easy to deal with for players who aren’t afraid to player while injured. A vast majority of solo queue players are too afraid to play while injured.