Survivor Gameplay Improvements
Hello, I’m a regular player of Dead by Daylight. I’ve been playing since 2019 and thoroughly enjoy the game. I understand that there are currently underway quality-of-life changes, and I’d like to share some ideas for improving the game as a survivor. (I’m a survivor main, but I do enjoy killers from time to time.) Most of my suggestions are focused on the endgame.
First, I’d like to propose adding the anti-camp mechanic to the endgame collapse (after the last generator pops). This is when most of the time, camping, slugging, and tunnelling (toxic behaviour occurs), so it would be more fair to implement it then. At least survivors have a better chance of escaping because without it at the end, it becomes increasingly difficult for survivors to survive. Most of the team has to be present, take a hit, and then another grabs you off the hook while the killer is surrounding the hook.
The second suggestion might be a bit of a stretch, but I think it’s worth considering. It’s incredibly frustrating for survivors to be left alone with the killer at the end of the game. For instance, if three teammates die, you’re left with just one survivor and the killer. He closes the hatch, and you can’t reach the exit gate. Or, he finds you at the exit gate and kills you. It’s hard to know what to do in that situation. There’s no counterplay unless you have a key that’s not green or a perk that allows you to open gates faster or has left behind in your build. It would be ideal if there was a perk or mechanic that allows you to stun the killer or ‘fight off the killer,’ which reverses the mori animation, similar to the Decisive Strike perk. This way, the only way the killer can get a 4K is by hooking you, and at least that gives the survivor more time to escape and try to survive.
On the topic of decisive strike survivors should be able to execute it during the endgame as well. If you get hooked the second time and the last generator pops (endgame), it’s easy for the killer to tunnel you out of the game. However, if decisive strike remained active during the endgame, it would improve the survivor’s chances of escaping if the killer still tunnels after the decisive strike and leads you towards the end. That way, you’d at least have a better chance of escaping.
Personally, I don’t believe the endurance and speed boost are enough to escape the killer. Most of them are close to the hook and tend to pursue the hooked survivor immediately, especially towards the end, to secure the kill. So, it could be a good idea to extend the duration by a few more seconds if the killer is tunnelling right after being unhooked. If the decisive strike concept is invalid, this could be a solution.
My final suggestion would be to implement endgame chat for console players. They miss out on interacting with other players after the match or at least have the option to enable or disable it. Many players enjoy chatting about the game or saying “good game.” I understand it can be used negatively, but there are also times when it’s useful. There are players who use a keyboard and mouse while gaming, so they could potentially engage in conversation if given the chance.
In conclusion, I want to express my gratitude for taking the time to read through my ideas. They may be lengthy, but I genuinely hope they reach higher-ups (Devs/Matthew Cote) and are considered. I love this game and am deeply passionate about it. I would hope to at least try to convey some of my ideas. I firmly believe they would boost the morale of survivors, improve fairness and balance in gameplay and counterplay, and enhance their overall Dead by Daylight experience. This would encourage them to continue playing more frequently and recommend it to others who haven’t played it yet. The majority of players, including myself, feel that the game is currently dominated by the killers due to a lack of counterplay to certain aspects and an imbalance in favour of the killers. My ideas could also benefit new players, as they would have more opportunities to attempt to escape a match and learn the game.
Once again, thank you so much for your time. I eagerly await your response!
Cam
Comments
issue is this is a direct nerf to the slower and weaker killers that ds stun can lose you a kill in endgame. (i main killer) while yes endgame promotes camping slugging etc sadly there is simply no other objective for the killer to do besides try and kill a survivor (this has been made harder if not impossible due to the hook grab removal) if 2 survivors remain you can maybe trade hook states if lucky (bc of funky "aim dressing") so imo the whole engame collapse should just be reworked in ways that i cant think of rn XD
To the first thing:
sure if I get hookgrabs back at any point of the game lol. It can't be easier to get a unhook than it is right now, everything else would simply be a really bad joke as killer - it's already awful how easy unhooks are.
To the endgame with the killer:
you already lost the game as a team AND individual - there's no reason to give you more chances especially because the gates are sometimes so far away that you can't do anything anyways.
To ds:
Nope, was awful before. As soon as you got unhooked even in the middle of the map (sometimes even further) you could simply hold w to the exit and ds makes it impossible to get you ever - with new bt it would be even easier.
The duration buff will yet again only punish people that don't tunnel and find you randomly OR for bodyblocking the killer - so if it has to be: ok, otherwise that's also awful.
To the endgame-chat:
Sure add it, no reason to hold them out of discussions.