Consider making 2v8 permanent or atleast have it come every weekend (Friday-Sunday)

The number of active players always shoots up during 2v8. 2v8 is the absolute best mode this game has to offer. Of course it should be available all year long. I personally don't even play 1v4 anymore. I don't understand the business decision to only have 2v8 run for such a short period of time. I don't have the data but I bet the auric cell and cosmetic purchases also went through the roof during this time, not just because of the new RE skins.

Comments

  • Hm no.

    It is fun for the time but now it is good there is a break again.

    It will be back soon enough.

  • Yes, I can't stand sweaty 1v4 @Marc_123

  • I know everyone on this forum hates 2v8 but they're only a small minority, the rest of us casuals absolutely love it

  • Disagree. There's still a lot to be ironed out, and the queue time problem needs to be fixed before they can consider making it permanent.

  • @turksmall236 said:

    The number of active players always shoots up during 2v8. 2v8 is the absolute best mode this game has to offer. Of course it should be available all year long. I personally don't even play 1v4 anymore. I don't understand the business decision to only have 2v8 run for such a short period of time. I don't have the data but I bet the auric cell and cosmetic purchases also went through the roof during this time, not just because of the new RE skins.

    I agree with you @turksmall236. I think DBD should have a casual mode that you can only play on the weekends. I never understood the purpose of events. I'd rather just have a permanent secondary mode queue that cycles similar to how Left 4 Dead 2 ran Mutations when they first came out. I still play Dead by Daylight, but I do it less frequently between events and I'd rather the game incentivize me to play more often rather than waiting for the next big event to come out. Game health is still a bigger priority to me, but I hope this is on their roadmap for the next 48 months.

  • @WolfePhD said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/439634/consider-making-2v8-permanent-or-atleast-have-it-come-every-weekend-friday-sunday

    I agree with you @turksmall236. I think DBD should have a casual mode that you can only play on the weekends. I never understood the purpose of events. I'd rather just have a permanent secondary mode queue that cycles similar to how Left 4 Dead 2 ran Mutations when they first came out. I still play Dead by Daylight, but I do it less frequently between events and I'd rather the game incentivize me to play more often rather than waiting for the next big event to come out. Game health is still a bigger priority to me, but I hope this is on their roadmap for the next 48 months.

    ij that case just make chaos shuffle permanent, an actual good event mode

  • Not going to lie the only reason i played everyday of the 2v8 was the 400% bloodpoints without having to bring items/offerings, otherwise it was torture getting tunneled out of cages every round with wraith/wesker or legion/nurse. I enjoyed maybe 1 out of every 10 matches.

    Im almost p100 with both dracula and trevor (who needs shanoa and simon belmont legendary skins) so i was only playing for the bloodpoints. Managed to get 47 prestiges out of the event