Why Does Dying During The "Start Of Match Pan-Around Shot" Give A DC Penalty?
First off, Id like to say that this cannot naturally occur, for obvious reasons, but I had a game where the Killer was able to kill all Survivors at the very start of the game before we even had a chance to move.
Afterwards, I was hit with a DC Penalty for 15-minutes despite the fact that I didnt DC?
Comments
First of all, if you get 15 minute DC-Penalty, you DCed twice before.
But, for your actual question - I can only guess, but I think that the AFK-System tracks the percentage of the Match you were AFK. If you get insta-killed by one of the most recent Bots, you were 100% of the match AFK (even if it only lasted a few seconds), therefore you get the Penalty.
I got hit with a 15-minute DC Penalty because it happened multiple games prior in the same day. I just got off DBD since it felt like there was no point in playing if Im going to get hit with a DC Penalty for dying to something that isnt my fault.
Currently playing the Binding of Isaac though, but just made this post because I was curious behind the actual mechanics that caused the DC Penalty.
Because someone is hacking. It’s not that BHVR is trying to punish you, the hacker is getting one last lick in by giving you a matchmaking ban too. Happened to me last night (ban was 1 minute as it was my first “dc” that day).
Because you can have a value. and another value.
In the game the time from match open to match finish could be stored in the first value mentioned above.
The second above mentioned value could be the minimum reasonable time a match could be completed, and you can fill many productive meetings debating how to arrive at that value.
Now the hard part is checking the two values, but to keep it simple, if the first value is smaller than the second, you likely have an issue that should be looked at, ideally by someone with the core skills to write AND compare the two values outlined above.
HFNM.
https://youtu.be/OMECc5QHDFw?si=6ScD0kyCNbsxQ44p
It's the AFK detection. BHVR didn't take into account the amount of time you can't move.