I think 2v8 should keep coming back.

When this iteration started I was super frustrated with the game because of bots being added, but now that BHVR has addressed them being an issue I’ve had better 2v8 matches yesterday than I did in the last few days.


I was over exaggerating when I said this mode should be scrapped but my mind has changed. I think it’s good we have these modes/modifers that return often so players don’t get bored of just 1v4.

Comments

  • People will get bored of 2v8 also. The longer or more the they make the mode available will make it more common. Metas will develop, the gameplay will get stale.

    This is arguably already happening in 2v8 for survivor right now. Nothing new for mechanics, classes, nothing iterated on. Bots are their "fresh new thing" that seems to be only driving people away rather than pulling them in.

    The "2" is the only reason people want this mode. The fact that they added bots is just more confirmation that they just need fodder.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    People will get bored of 2v8 also. The longer or more the they make the mode available will make it more common. Metas will develop, the gameplay will get stale.

    This is arguably already happening in 2v8 for survivor right now. Nothing new for mechanics, classes, nothing iterated on. Bots are their "fresh new thing" that seems to be only driving people away rather than pulling them in.

    The "2" is the only reason people want this mode. The fact that they added bots is just more confirmation that they just need fodder.

    thats why I like modes coming back in phases because anything permanent would get boring.

  • Nah, 2v8 basically alienates Killer players. If you try to play 2v8 as a killer you're in for long queue times. This isn't fair to those who are killer mains. The fact that they keep bringing back this canker sore is beyond me. Not many marbles in the heads of those as BHVR.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    People will get bored of 2v8 also. The longer or more the they make the mode available will make it more common. Metas will develop, the gameplay will get stale.

    This is arguably already happening in 2v8 for survivor right now. Nothing new for mechanics, classes, nothing iterated on. Bots are their "fresh new thing" that seems to be only driving people away rather than pulling them in.

    The "2" is the only reason people want this mode. The fact that they added bots is just more confirmation that they just need fodder.

    This is why I'm glad it isn't permanent. They can bring it back as much as they want, but I hope they actually add something for Survivor in the future iterations of the mode…

  • @Nathan13 said:

    When this iteration started I was super frustrated with the game because of bots being added, but now that BHVR has addressed them being an issue I’ve had better 2v8 matches yesterday than I did in the last few days.


    I was over exaggerating when I said this mode should be scrapped but my mind has changed. I think it’s good we have these modes/modifers that return often so players don’t get bored of just 1v4.

    I’d love to see it make a comeback too but the next time I’d love to see more Survivor classes. I forgot who here I read it from but they mentioned a class centered around totems and boons, I love that. Could a Killer class based off of hexes work? I’m not sure but totem classes would be so fun.

  • @HerInfernalMajesty said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/438708/i-think-2v8-should-keep-coming-back

    I’d love to see it make a comeback too but the next time I’d love to see more Survivor classes. I forgot who here I read it from but they mentioned a class centered around totems and boons, I love that. Could a Killer class based off of hexes work? I’m not sure but totem classes would be so fun.

    that doesn’t seem like a bad idea!

  • NOOOOOOOOOO

    that mode sucks

    i can't wait for it to be gone so i can play normally again withiut waiting 20 mins in queue