Do Wacky Killers belong in Dead by Daylight?

IMG_7048.jpeg

For the sake of discussion, please imagine the car tire from Rubber is brought into Dead by Daylight. The car tire bounces up and down like a dribbling basketball while the survivor is being carried to the hook.

Comments

  • As long as they're balanced,and at least have some horror aspect, I think it's fine

  • I don't think it's horribly out of place with what we already have tbh

  • The specific example you cited? No. It would feel absurd.

    Also on a mechanic level having something like a tire, or even like Christine from Stephen King, just wouldn't fit within the game.

    But this isn't about silliness as much as it is fitting in within the genre of the game. A giant monster (pick your choice of movies) wouldn't work.

    If we're talking about horror comedies, something like Happy Death Day (probably better examples), I wouldn't be enthused for the idea, but I wouldn't outright reject it as ruining the game.

  • Theres a limit where the wacky outweighs the spooky. If you could make a rubberhose toon monster scary and fun enough sure. Something like the image? …Hopefully not a chance…

  • Imo, no. There's a limit to what could work within the confines of DbD and something like a killer tire just wouldn't work. If it was something that could reasonably abide by the rules and mechanics of the game sure, but there's a fine line between "This could work" and "This would genuinely take so much effort to make it work it isn't worth the resources". Something like the tire from Rubber would fall into category 2.

  • Just because I can't think of any other discussion I might get to plug this...

    I'd like to put the Tarman Zombie forward... I mean look at this guy... he's great...

    Untitled Image

    Untitled Image

    Untitled Image

    Untitled Image

    I dunno about you, but I'm running.

  • We need that one evil red car from that one old movie in dbd ASAP

  • Camp has always been an incredibly important aspect of horror. Keep in mind that chucky was a child's doll possessed by a serial killer through a voodoo ritual - that's pretty wacky, right?