Wacky MMR Matchmaking Adventures

StrangeMMR.png

I have over 2,000 hours on console. All of my games so far today have been against baby killers.

Comments

  • yep, looks about right to me. the matchmaking system is completely non-functional. The devs can tell us that it works all they want, but what I see in my lobbies in most matches proves that it doesn’t

  • Could be an experienced killer trying blight for the first time too. The killer MMR, as far as i'm aware, is shared somewhat across all killers. Just a thought but the MMR could also be awfully broken lol

  • @rysm said:

    Could be an experienced killer trying blight for the first time too. The killer MMR, as far as i'm aware, is shared somewhat across all killers. Just a thought but the MMR could also be awfully broken lol

    nah man its just broken lol

  • The more I escape, the more my teammates get worse.

  • Yeah, it is strange. Yesterday I got a Survivor in my game who had 53 hours. But this MIGHT be someone who just transferred to Steam, who knows.

    But it is strange sometimes - when I play BIlly, I sometimes get Survivors who barely know what they are doing. And I play Billy the most and I would think that I am at least decent with him.

    And then I play Twins, a Killer I maybe played once or twice in 2024 and I get really, really good Survivors. I mean, obviously they are better relative to me, since I was very rusty on Twins, but their whole behavior while playing was completely different from those I sometimes get with Billy.

  • @BorisDDAA said:

    The more I escape, the more my teammates get worse.

    same! I don’t know how many times I’ve escaped a few games in a row then get thrown into a lobby with survivors that have <100 hours in the game. It’s literally just full random matchmaking with whatever players are waiting next in the queue.

  • @BorisDDAA said:

    The more I escape, the more my teammates get worse.

    Escape enough times, and your teammates stop doing gens altogether.