Role incentives are still broken
Yet another day seeing survivor incentive +25% and no killer incentive, despite survivor queues being long and killer queues being instant. It’s pretty obvious now that the incentives are never going to get fixed.
Yet another day seeing survivor incentive +25% and no killer incentive, despite survivor queues being long and killer queues being instant. It’s pretty obvious now that the incentives are never going to get fixed.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It isn’t broken. I’ve seen 25-75 on survivor at various times over the past week and 50 on killer a few times as well. I haven’t seen either at 100%, however.
I sometimes see 50% on killer and 25-50% on survivor even though my killer queues are always instant. I think they just lean the bonus to survivors intentionally since they earn less bp.
they should just let us have 100% at all times on the side that needs people
I could be remembering it wrong but the devs mentioned that the bp bonus is different for everyone depending on things like mmr, region, etc.
True, but the incentives should always correlate with queue times if they are working correctly. The longer queue should have no incentive while the shorter queue should have an incentive that scales with how big the killer:survivor ratio imbalance is. Ever since the last 2v8 event, nearly every single time I’ve played, there has been an incentive for the role with the longer queue time, which makes no sense.
Interesting for I get games faster as survivor than I tend to as killer and imo if the incentive is mostly survivor indicates it is being far lessed played than killer which this has been a thing for months to nearly a year.
The issue is that I don’t think the queues are a flat rate “this one has a deficit; this one has a surplus”.
I think that certain mmr ranges have bloat while others have demand. That may be why some people have different incentives on different roles in different amounts.
I'm starting to think BHVR have been tinkering with the incentives to try something different, but they haven't felt the need to announce anything. It's rare for me to see 100% on either role now, even though the queue times are much the same as they were (instant Killer queues / longer Survivor queues at night with the reverse in the daytime).
It's made me realise how much I followed the 100% bonus.