The totem spawn are still crap
Nothing has changed
Nothing has changed
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think right as I saw the Devs working on the Line of Sight Hex totem change, I saw someone softly suggesting a superior solution.
From: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41397/hex-huntress-lullaby-suggestion#latest
The idea of all perks only becoming active the moment they have taken minimal effect just like NOED would fix many of the Hex Totem problems, especially those with tokens.
If perks like Hex Ruin would only become active and bound to a dull totem on the moment of the first skill-check appearing, then the entire LOS fix wouldn't have been needed and people couldn't run into a Hex totem right after.
It's just the start of them making better spawns.
Totems will never have a good place to hide because there are currently 26 maps I believe and totem spawn locations are known by many survivors.
Except for a couple of maps, totems can't be hidden due to map designs. I honestly don't know what they can do.
Yea they didn't actually add that many new spots. All they really did was put barrels in front of them so they aren't as visible, but it's still mostly the exact same spots.
Also I had a game where I spawned near a lit totem (Devour) that was spawned right next to a pallet on one of the Z loops on Autoheaven. I COULD NOT DO THE TOTEM. Instead it dropped the pallet. If I tried to do the totem I would vault the pallet. I had to walk up to the totem and look away to actually get it to work. I took a clip maybe I'll upload it to my OneDrive later for you guys to see. It was really dumb. Fortunately for me, the killer didn't seem to care and just let me finish the totem. Though she promptly came over to spank me after it was broken.
IKR?
There have been great ideas to balance the game, to make the game less frustrating and more fun, to solve a couple of broken mechanics and all of them are forgotten right now.
I kinda understand it, what we are discussing here doesn't mean much. With all honesty, most people waste their time with these suggestions that will never take place in the game(I am not saying that they should stop though). Survivors not being able to see killers' perks after they die came after 3 years.
Devs are not to be blamed though. We did this. People are even against DC BBQ stacks or buffing WGLF, imagine whining and bitching if they tried radical changes that would actually impact the gameplay.
You are referring to this https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41728/dc-bbq-wglf-stack#latest right? Yeah, some people in this community are... Lets call them special.
Both Killer & Survivors deserve max points for DCs anyway.
If a survivor DCs give the killer the max points + emblems that one 3x Hooked survivor should give + a stack on BBQ
and if a killer DCs give every survivor max points + any stacks of WGLF if they're running it.
Too many people are punished for DCs and while I've seen people banned for DCing it doesn't help the players that are affected in game by the DC.
I'm gonna start DCing everytime someone spawns on my Ruin and see how fast I get banned.
https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41311/bug-a-hex-totem-is-always-spawned-at-certain-area-on-all-maps#latest
They really should make it so it require clearing all the totems to remove any Hex's. This would make them a priority to be hunted down prior to starting gens. Solve the totem issue and gen rush issue in one.
that would be way to powerful. I just think totems should light up after maybe 30-50 seconds so survivors are actually afraid of not cleansing them.
I'd prefer if active totems power grew by the amount of totems left on the map so that survivors will cleanse even dull totems out of fear of hextotems without knowing they're even in the game, the first bonus should be super strong, it should not be a problem since survivors would cleanse totems anyways once they see them but it would punish pure genrush.
Examples: NOED: No changes since it's activated by endgame anyways
Devour Hope: same power with the 3 hook stuff but 25/10%/8%/5%/0% movement speed bonus depending on how many totems are left for 10 seconds after hooking.
Ruin: Generator Regression increased by 25%/10%/8%/5%/0%
And so on, I'm just spitballing.
Let's hope with the next patch we'll finally notice some improvements. Especially the fact that survivors don't spawn on a Hex Totems anymore.