How the the devs don't buff Counterforce/Small Game, instead of nerfing Thrill Of the Hunt?
Peek variety is a good thing and it seems like the devs don't like that.
Peek variety is a good thing and it seems like the devs don't like that.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If they did that, we'd be in a position where the killer side has an oppressively busted tool and you as survivor have to pick another perk to counter it, or you're just boned.
That's not actually perk variety, it's the opposite, it narrows your perk slots down because you kinda have to bring Small Game or Counterforce in case the killer decided to run a hex build— and there's no reason for killers not to do that because Thrill makes cleansing hexes incredibly hard on a lot of the cast.
Hexes need love, and totem perks on survivor could also stand to be a little better depending on the specific perk, but this isn't a healthy direction to go in with it.
I agree, variety is good. That’s how you could buff them. Regardless of buffing those perks, thrill of the hunt should get nerfed to 12% or get a secondary effect when going back to 10%.
Counterforce
Small game
If Hex: Thrill of the Hunt is the only issue, over-buffing other perks to deal with Hex: Thrill of the Hunt would create more issues for the game. By extension, buffing anti-Hex perks would make general all Hex Totems worse and Hex: Thrill of the Hunt would become a requirement for every Hex build; variety is worse and the balance is worse as a result.
I personally dont think anti-Hex perk needs a buff at the moment, I think Hex Totems as a whole need a rework; Hex Totems without defense perks are too weak and (in the case of Hex: Thrill of the Hunt) too strong with defense perks. They were fine when they came out but they aged like milk.
The thing is, once they nerf thrill people will go right back to complaining about gen regression /aura.
Totems are supposed to be these powerful perks, yet they're treated like a joke. Once they revert it it's right back to the same thing.
Yes totems deserve love but looking at the state of the community if anything gets loved people will complain, and once content creators come Into the mix to farm views from rage bait then it's over.
I've barely encounter thrill but the games I do I've won either my swf. I know I don't speak for the majority but these thrill hate posts exaggerated and alot of it is from content creators.
Cause its still stupid to force perks onto survivors for rng.
I think hexes/boons and totems as a whole need a rework: