Artist tips
Looking to get into Artist but I'm struggling slightly. She's one of the few Killers I rarely ever touch. Would greatly appreciate any advice. I already know 50/50ing at loops is usually a losing battle.
Looking to get into Artist but I'm struggling slightly. She's one of the few Killers I rarely ever touch. Would greatly appreciate any advice. I already know 50/50ing at loops is usually a losing battle.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
We don't know what you're having problems with so we can only give general advice.
When trying to injured survivors with crows send only one at a time till you tag them. Then once tagged spread out the crows for coverage like a "shotgun". We have a preference to aim at where we don't want survivors to go similar to a Huntress trying to zone them.
Don't be trigger happy. Hypocritical coming from us but remember you don't always have to fire and the CD is much quicker if you don't.
To check gens try to line up crows so a single one gets multiple gens when possible. You can also do this as a quick way to check lockers if needed.
What specifically are you struggling with about her?
Some generic tips that might help: -
Anything other than that, you'll need to be more specific... but good luck!
I kind of understand your struggle with her. I played her a bit and she just felt kinda "sluggish?" at first. I don't have much else to add that other people haven't already said. Only tip I can add is while you're setting crows in chase to lock down loops, try to line them up with generators as well. Helps with slowdown and applying more pressure imo.
If bird gets held w, start going for hits through walls.
Festering Carrion and Thick Tar are key addons to learn the killer
Learn to do slingshots(tech) with scarred hands(addon).
Look into any comp match with artist and you will quickly understand her gameplan against better survivors.
@UndeddJester
Thanks for the tips guys - the area I struggle most with is crow-ing them but getting the follow up hit without blind luck (relying on shotgunning). The rest seems to make sense - are these long-range hits feasible? Because a lot of the time, Survivors tend to just dodge (or indeed, hop into a locker. Makes sense to bring Iron Maiden)
You need to learn the mind of each individual survivor if you don't want to shotgun, which technically isn't blind luck. What would this one do? Are they intelligent? Are they cowards? You get the picture. Depends on your definition of "long" for how common but yes they are possible. Map wide shots required some survivor support (or add on support) but generally long range is just a matter of practice. And yes iron maiden is a good pick for her.
Slingshoting Is a tech that makes long range hits feasable and fast. I reccomend a YouTube tutorial
The main tip I would give here is try to put the survivors in a pincer, so its as close to a lose/lose as you can make it.
You're still pretty quick when you launch your crows, so you're not so much trying to score a hit as you are trying to ensure the survivor can't keep running straight away from you. Aim it ahead of where you think they want to go, and ensure if they keep running from you, they are running into your crows shotgun, if they don't, you're instead cutting them off for an m1.
I like to aim 2 where I think they'll go at slightly different angles, then an extra one at where I think they might stop to avoid it, (or turn) then run to cut off the only direction left. It's obviously not as easy as "when they do this, do this", there is a elemwnt of reading the survibor, but if you use your crows as a combination of wounding/zoning, you'll probably find more luck.