Hate the "Open Exit Gate" Objective

One of my daily objectives is to open the exit gate with Gabriel Soma. I have literally spent the last 3 hours solidly playing DBD just to complete this objective and still failing. I know I'm not great at the game, but I can still do most objectives with enough time spent. But the opening exit gate objective has always been the most frustrating one. I only get to the stage where the gates are powered once in every 10-15 matches anyway, and on the rare occasion I do manage to see the gates powered on, other survivors get to the gate to open it before I do!

Not sure if there's any advice that can be offered to me for this, as I'm quite bad as survivor (I mainly play killer), but I'm getting to the point where I just stick Wake Up, Resilience and No Mither on, then just hide in a locker all game near the gate until the killer opens hatch just so I can open the gate. I know It's totally unfair to other survivors but I'm just so frustrated right now!

Sorry, just ranting.

Comments

  • It's my most frustrating challenge too. As you said, it's not often you manage to last until the last gen has popped and it's even less often that you'll beat someone to the exit gate

  • I don't like that daily either. I feel it's one of the most "random chance" dailies we have, because of all its conditions. You have to be a certain survivor, so not friendly to players who haven't leveled them yet, you have to first off finish all the gens, which most players in this game have an allergy to doing, and YOU specifically have to be the one who opens the exit, meaning smartly 99'ing it for someone else to open, or you being the one chased/hooked in endgame, almost always denies it. I came to a similar conclusion as you, that this one promotes gens over friends, and hiding to martyr your teammates, to get the gate open.

  • Yeah, it's really frustrating. Only 1/4 or 1/5 of my solo queue games even reach gates being powered, nevermind me still being alive at that point, and then it hinges on me not being hooked/chased. Or not having another survivor already be on the gate when I reach it, and not being safe to cross the map to reach the other due to injury, threat of instadown, or the killer being right on our tails.

    Sometimes I've opened the gate and started the EGC at objectively stupid times, like people aren't ready to escape yet and there's a lot of injured/chased/hooked players, and soft sandbag my team, because I'm that desperate to get the challenge.

    Also gotta share one time where I was trying to get this one on Kate all night, finally had a game against a baby Trapper, got to an exit gate, had it at 90%, and dedicated servers stopped responding. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜ญ

  • My most hated daily ritual by far. Wish they would simply delete it and come up with something else lol.

  • I don't mind those daily rituals, just the fact that the game always manages to choose a random character that I do not play, or have barely leveled up.

  • Best thing to do is run Sole Survivor and Wake Up. Once a game starts to go south play cautiously and be the last one alive so you can blast open the exit once the hatch is closed.

  • Tip: If you're system allows it, change your name to "need exit game open" or something similar. A few killers respect challenge requests.

  • I recently made a post about how I think daily rituals need an update. I'll link it if you want to read it.

    @Sebastian1152 said:

    So I've been thinking about it for a while now and I think daily rituals are due for an update. I've had the same 3 daily rituals for the past year, and haven't even bothered to complete or reroll them, due to them being unrewarding, forgettable, and forcing me to play a role I don't want to (Survivor main). If there have been changes made to them already, I'm not aware. Either way, what are some changes you would make to improve the daily rituals?

    Some changes I would make would be:

    • Separate daily rituals for both roles at all times (3 for surv, 3 for killer) with one reroll for each side.
    • Adjust rewards (rift fragments for current tome, player XP, or Iri shards along with the blood points).
    • Add more variety for the objectives.
    • Increase objective quantity (example: 5 health states instead of 3, or 3 moris instead of 1)

    For Survivor, remove all rituals that require playing as a specific character since there is no gameplay difference. Keep rituals that focus on doing typical survivor actions (healing health states, unhooks, cooperative actions, generator repair, exit gates, escape, chase time, hook sabotage) Add additional survivor actions to those rituals (cleanse totems, great skill checks, killer stuns/blinds, vaulting in chase, escaping chase, hiding close to killer, protection hits, avoiding m1s, etc.)

    For Killer, keep all current rituals. Add in more rituals that focus on typical killer objectives (injuring survivors, downing, hooking, sacrificing, damaging gens, breaking pallets/walls, etc.)

    For both roles, I'd personally love to have glyph challenges also appear in the daily rituals and not be locked behind tomes. I love yellow and pink glyphs so much!

    That's really all I can think of for improving daily rituals. I would love some feedback on my ideas and to hear what you all might do instead to improve daily rituals.

    As for advice, it's a pretty selfish build but you could throw on wake up + sole survivor + other perks + hatch killer shack offering. You can try for 3 scenarios:

    1. You can play the match as normal. Final gen is close to being completed (85-90%). Go to a door preemptively to start opening it asap. If a teammate 99% an exit gate, you can simply open it and complete the daily.
    2. The match goes south. Start playing stealthy and let your teammates die. Hatch offering will make it spawn at killer shack (this should help to prevent slugging for 4k). Make your way to the door furthest from shack before it spawns. Sole survivor will give 50% bonus speed on opening the gate + the 25% from wake up (until BHVR changes it soon) for 75% speed. This is usually enough to open and escape before most killers can make it to you.
    3. Don't bring hatch offering and game goes south. Killer slugs or doors are next to each other. Hide and let teammates bleed out. Killer search for hatch while you wait at the gate. Killer closes hatch and work on door instantly.

    I usually bring clairvoyance so that I can see where hatch spawned and then go to the farthest door from it for that daily. I hate to do that to the team but sometimes it's the only way I can get that daily done.