Why when a killer has a really good match 4 survivors all hooked 3 times. 4 kills. Maxed out most of the scoring and plenty of bloodpoints do you they get the most toxic and inappropriate messages from the survivors.
You killed them, therefore ruined their fun. This means you were toxic and deserve toxic reactions. That's the mindset many Survivors have and that's also why they flame you.
@douggie123 said:
Why when a killer has a really good match 4 survivors all hooked 3 times. 4 kills. Maxed out most of the scoring and plenty of bloodpoints do you they get the most toxic and inappropriate messages from the survivors.
You are not supposed to kill them, only toy with them and pretend to kill them, thats what they want
I totally do not get that. I get GGs usually after that. Rarely I'll get the odd guy accuse me of camping after I leave the hook and down someone else before ever returning, but everyone else tends to tell them they're wrong.
That said, if they're going overboard, please report them. We'll take care of it.
@Peanits said:
Post game, where you click the button to go back to the menu.
Oh, that's what they meant.
I didn't know that leaving the endgame chat quickly is used as a represenation of my hate. Lol!
I hope that's not something "toxic" for Killers to do?? I always leave rather quickly because from my experience, not a lot of good stuff is appearing in that chat.
@Peanits said:
Post game, where you click the button to go back to the menu.
Oh, that's what they meant.
I didn't know that leaving the endgame chat quickly is used as a represenation of my hate. Lol!
I hope that's not something "toxic" for Killers to do?? I always leave rather quickly because from my experience, not a lot of good stuff is appearing in that chat.
Not really. When the killer immediately leaves after they lose a match (before anyone can even say GG) people just think they're mad. It's not really toxic.
@Peanits said:
Not really. When the killer immediately leaves after they lose a match (before anyone can even say GG) people just think they're mad. It's not really toxic.
If I had to guess, I'd say that Killers that leave the endgame chat quickly had experienced different chat conversations than just a fair "Good game".
Maybe a "gg as in, git gud", "Ez" or "baby killer" are more accurate in case of a 0k match but that's just my wild guess to explain such Killer behaviour.
Why killers keep hiting hooked survivors even when no one has BMed them during the whole match? Anyway, don't let this ruin your post, you guys can keep commenting how evil survivors are.
Why killers keep hiting hooked survivors even when no one has BMed them during the whole match? Anyway, don't let this ruin your post, you guys can keep commenting how evil survivors are.
@Vietfox said:
Why killers keep hiting hooked survivors even when no one has BMed them during the whole match?
Anyway, don't let this ruin your post, you guys can keep commenting how evil survivors are.
I think like attracts like, there are just certain play styles that annoy people, and I say people because the BM and Smack chat in game and on here isn’t a one sided issue.
Thing is with the survivors after the game, they See one doing it and mob mentality kicks in.
dont get it as much on PS4 because it’s too much effort for most people to bother sending a message, which tells me that they only vent on PC so often because it’s easy too.
i don’t know why they just don’t remove the after game chat all together
@Vietfox said:
Why killers keep hiting hooked survivors even when no one has BMed them during the whole match?
Anyway, don't let this ruin your post, you guys can keep commenting how evil survivors are.
That has nothing to do with this topic.
And this kind of questions are pointless. What is op expecting from this thread? PvP games are like that, they shouldn't but it's the way it is. Best thing op can do is to report them and move on. This thread just promotes more hate towards one side and we are forgetting that we are all players here, meaning that there are jerks on both sides. I've been called toxic, to kill myself or die from cancer just because i survived. Do i come to the forums and complain about it? No, i have a good laugh, report them and maybe post the screenshot in the off topic subforum so everyone can have a good laugh.
@Vietfox said:
And this kind of questions are pointless. What is op expecting from this thread?
PvP games are like that, they shouldn't but it's the way it is. Best thing op can do is to report them and move on.
This thread just promotes more hate towards one side and we are forgetting that we are all players here, meaning that there are jerks on both sides. I've been called toxic, to kill myself or die from cancer just because i survived. Do i come to the forums and complain about it? No, i have a good laugh, report them and maybe post the screenshot in the off topic subforum so everyone can have a good laugh.
No, you come to the forum to complain about players complaining about that.
I don't know what's better or worse but both things are useless. It's a discussion forum after all, where people exchange opinions. If the topic is not relevant to you, you can simply ignore it.
@Vietfox said:
And this kind of questions are pointless. What is op expecting from this thread?
PvP games are like that, they shouldn't but it's the way it is. Best thing op can do is to report them and move on.
This thread just promotes more hate towards one side and we are forgetting that we are all players here, meaning that there are jerks on both sides. I've been called toxic, to kill myself or die from cancer just because i survived. Do i come to the forums and complain about it? No, i have a good laugh, report them and maybe post the screenshot in the off topic subforum so everyone can have a good laugh.
No, you come to the forum to complain about players complaining about that.
I don't know what's better or worse but both things are useless. It's a discussion forum after all, where people exchange opinions. If the topic is not relevant to you, you can simply ignore it.
@Vietfox said:
Have it your way then, keep collecting hate.
I assume you're refering to another statement of mine regarding profile comments? Let me tell you this:
Violent games were (and still are) often used as a reason for shooting rampages ect. but we all know that it's not the games, it's the society we life in that creates psychopaths. For many gamers, gaming communities are a big part of the society, just like this community.
Profile comment are a good way to represent this community. I don't care what your opinion regarding cyberbullying is but whenever a friend asks how dead by daylight is, I tell them to read through my profile comments and decide on their own.
DbD is not a game for people that are easily affected by words and the amount of kids playing this game is scary enough. The fact that you can wish someone to get cancer or that their kids get raped to death - without any punishment - is simply shocking.
It needs adressing and that's exactly what OP was doing here. Even if it's just a word filter or something like that.
Well @douggie123, I'm sorry to say that people just don't like to lose. I know that I get frustrated when I put a lot of effort into a trial just to be killed off because of a careless hook save or a crouch that didn't hide me. That being said, I try to keep my grumbling to a minimum. However, it's easy to see why folks act toxic after your success because at the end of the day most Dead by Daylight players are understandably selfish. Dead by Daylight has a grind that is addictive as many will tell you. So people will always want more bloodpoints. So, when you get a lot of bloodpoints and the survivors don't they will whine because they feel that the game wasn't worth their time.
However, the toxicity of Dead by Daylight doesn't matter. Regardless of how belligerent the hate gets, you just have to remember that it is in fact, just a game. Some people will insult you and shout out words of rage in their tantrums. You shouldn't worry about hurting a survivor's feelings because they are your opponents. At the end of the day you chose to play on one team, and they chose to play on the other. I suggest that you just give each game your all and be content.
Besides, if the other team is unhappy and you didn't use actual hacks or cheats then you should celebrate. You should celebrate because you didn't just beat them, you crushed them.
@Peanits said:
Not really. When the killer immediately leaves after they lose a match (before anyone can even say GG) people just think they're mad. It's not really toxic.
If I had to guess, I'd say that Killers that leave the endgame chat quickly had experienced different chat conversations than just a fair "Good game".
Maybe a "gg as in, git gud", "Ez" or "baby killer" are more accurate in case of a 0k match but that's just my wild guess to explain such Killer behaviour.
You make it seems as all survivors are toxic. In my experience a good portion just leave a gg. That said when a killer leaves asap after playing bad I interpet it as them being mad, because otherwise there is no reason to not drop a gg before leaving.
@White_Owl said:
You make it seems as all survivors are toxic. In my experience a good portion just leave a gg. That said when a killer leaves asap after playing bad I interpet it as them being mad, because otherwise there is no reason to not drop a gg before leaving.
As I said, it's my explanation for players leaving the lobby quickly. That applies to Killers and Survivors and has no relation to a specific side but the discussion was about Killers that immediately leave after losing, without dropping a "GG".
Some Survivors like to taunt the Killer when they destroy them, teabagging in the exit gate and followed by "ez baby Killer" and stuff like that. You know that's a thing. So, as I said, my guess would be that Killers that lost are tired of such reactions and thus leave the match quickly to avoid them, to AVOID getting mad.
Sidenote; Does the same apply to Survivors? I often drop a "gg", especially when I 4k but I very, very rarely get a "gg" back. According to your logic, that means any Survivor that doesn't drop a "GG" is mad? Wow! In that case the game is full of mad survivors.
A GG is dropped whenever a player thinks it was a good game, it has absolutely no relation to the players mental/emotional state. I can 4k and have a ######### match with 4 flashlight spamers or I can 0k and have a good game without any BM. The 4k was a bad game, the 0k was a good game. Maybe it's time to stop rating the matches based on kills / escapes and instead look at the actual gameplay experience DURING the match.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
You killed them, therefore ruined their fun. This means you were toxic and deserve toxic reactions. That's the mindset many Survivors have and that's also why they flame you.
You are not supposed to kill them, only toy with them and pretend to kill them, thats what they want
And killlers that can't kill anyone usually leave asap or complain in chat about gen rush or swf. People hate loosing, it's no news.
That said, if they're going overboard, please report them. We'll take care of it.
How can you "leave asap" when it takes the whole match to get to the point where you realize that you can't kill anyone? lol
Oh, that's what they meant.
I didn't know that leaving the endgame chat quickly is used as a represenation of my hate. Lol!
I hope that's not something "toxic" for Killers to do?? I always leave rather quickly because from my experience, not a lot of good stuff is appearing in that chat.
I ain't judging, just explaining.
If I had to guess, I'd say that Killers that leave the endgame chat quickly had experienced different chat conversations than just a fair "Good game".
Maybe a "gg as in, git gud", "Ez" or "baby killer" are more accurate in case of a 0k match but that's just my wild guess to explain such Killer behaviour.
Anyway, don't let this ruin your post, you guys can keep commenting how evil survivors are.
That has nothing to do with this topic.
Thing is with the survivors after the game, they See one doing it and mob mentality kicks in.
dont get it as much on PS4 because it’s too much effort for most people to bother sending a message, which tells me that they only vent on PC so often because it’s easy too.
i don’t know why they just don’t remove the after game chat all together
PvP games are like that, they shouldn't but it's the way it is. Best thing op can do is to report them and move on.
This thread just promotes more hate towards one side and we are forgetting that we are all players here, meaning that there are jerks on both sides. I've been called toxic, to kill myself or die from cancer just because i survived. Do i come to the forums and complain about it? No, i have a good laugh, report them and maybe post the screenshot in the off topic subforum so everyone can have a good laugh.
No, you come to the forum to complain about players complaining about that.
I don't know what's better or worse but both things are useless. It's a discussion forum after all, where people exchange opinions. If the topic is not relevant to you, you can simply ignore it.
I assume you're refering to another statement of mine regarding profile comments? Let me tell you this:
Violent games were (and still are) often used as a reason for shooting rampages ect. but we all know that it's not the games, it's the society we life in that creates psychopaths. For many gamers, gaming communities are a big part of the society, just like this community.
Profile comment are a good way to represent this community. I don't care what your opinion regarding cyberbullying is but whenever a friend asks how dead by daylight is, I tell them to read through my profile comments and decide on their own.
DbD is not a game for people that are easily affected by words and the amount of kids playing this game is scary enough. The fact that you can wish someone to get cancer or that their kids get raped to death - without any punishment - is simply shocking.
It needs adressing and that's exactly what OP was doing here. Even if it's just a word filter or something like that.
I'm collecting hate in this thread? Explain.
Well @douggie123, I'm sorry to say that people just don't like to lose. I know that I get frustrated when I put a lot of effort into a trial just to be killed off because of a careless hook save or a crouch that didn't hide me. That being said, I try to keep my grumbling to a minimum. However, it's easy to see why folks act toxic after your success because at the end of the day most Dead by Daylight players are understandably selfish. Dead by Daylight has a grind that is addictive as many will tell you. So people will always want more bloodpoints. So, when you get a lot of bloodpoints and the survivors don't they will whine because they feel that the game wasn't worth their time.
However, the toxicity of Dead by Daylight doesn't matter. Regardless of how belligerent the hate gets, you just have to remember that it is in fact, just a game. Some people will insult you and shout out words of rage in their tantrums. You shouldn't worry about hurting a survivor's feelings because they are your opponents. At the end of the day you chose to play on one team, and they chose to play on the other. I suggest that you just give each game your all and be content.
Besides, if the other team is unhappy and you didn't use actual hacks or cheats then you should celebrate. You should celebrate because you didn't just beat them, you crushed them.
"gg"
You make it seems as all survivors are toxic. In my experience a good portion just leave a gg. That said when a killer leaves asap after playing bad I interpet it as them being mad, because otherwise there is no reason to not drop a gg before leaving.
As I said, it's my explanation for players leaving the lobby quickly. That applies to Killers and Survivors and has no relation to a specific side but the discussion was about Killers that immediately leave after losing, without dropping a "GG".
Some Survivors like to taunt the Killer when they destroy them, teabagging in the exit gate and followed by "ez baby Killer" and stuff like that. You know that's a thing. So, as I said, my guess would be that Killers that lost are tired of such reactions and thus leave the match quickly to avoid them, to AVOID getting mad.
Sidenote; Does the same apply to Survivors? I often drop a "gg", especially when I 4k but I very, very rarely get a "gg" back. According to your logic, that means any Survivor that doesn't drop a "GG" is mad? Wow! In that case the game is full of mad survivors.
A GG is dropped whenever a player thinks it was a good game, it has absolutely no relation to the players mental/emotional state. I can 4k and have a ######### match with 4 flashlight spamers or I can 0k and have a good game without any BM. The 4k was a bad game, the 0k was a good game. Maybe it's time to stop rating the matches based on kills / escapes and instead look at the actual gameplay experience DURING the match.