Taking a break from this game after playing an actually competitive game is eye opening.

Been taking longer breaks from this game recently, and I have got to say the new player experience for this game is so abysmal, playing this game casually with all the gen regression, no time to make mistakes and on killer side, if you make mistakes in chase with how bad the maps are designed. There is just so much which I prefered pre 6.1.0, for both killer and survivor.

And also Skill based MMR:

How the heck can you manage skill when both sides play entirely differently??????? I dont understand this concept I never will, I prefer the emblem system over and over.

I don't think anyone cares or is listening, all 6.1.0 did was buff the s-tier killers and made their reign worse. Made camping worse, and I'm tired of waiting, your new player experience is awful trying to explain to people how to do better and enjoy the game casually expecting them to be comp players to enjoy the game in EU. The events are constantly sweat fests.

I'd like to hear other peoples thoughts, sorry if you don't agree. it's whatever.

Comments

  • Skilled based MMR can work when both sides have different objects… only if maps are static. Random pallet and windows counts with differing strength of tiles/main buiildings completely throw that out the window because the MMR doesn't take these into account. Also I still never want to go back to pre 6.1.0. Never in my days do I want to go against DH for distance.

    Basically the game isn't built for MMR but for some reason BHVR is so insistent on keeping it.

  • @Brimp said:

    Skilled based MMR can work when both sides have different objects… only if maps are static. Random pallet and windows counts with differing strength of tiles/main buiildings completely throw that out the window because the MMR doesn't take these into account. Also I still never want to go back to pre 6.1.0. Never in my days do I want to go against DH for distance.

    Basically the game isn't built for MMR but for some reason BHVR is so insistent on keeping it.

    SBMM would make sense if it took actual skill into account. Escaping doesn't mean you played skillfully, it means your teammates played skillfully. Hell, in a lot of matches it means one survivor played well and died while the other three skirted.

    But in general it would be better if the system could be intelligent. Look at playstyles and put like with like. Newbies with newbies, team players with team players, lone wolves with lone wolves, casual with casual, etc.

    The new player experience is abysmal. Probably the worst I know of in any game. It's amazing anyone pushes through it to learn to become decent. It throws so much at new players instead of introducing things gradually, and it puts new players in the position of getting stomped without understanding why or how they're supposed to play against it.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3827817#Comment_3827817

    SBMM would make sense if it took actual skill into account. Escaping doesn't mean you played skillfully, it means your teammates played skillfully. Hell, in a lot of matches it means one survivor played well and died while the other three skirted.

    But in general it would be better if the system could be intelligent. Look at playstyles and put like with like. Newbies with newbies, team players with team players, lone wolves with lone wolves, casual with casual, etc.

    The new player experience is abysmal. Probably the worst I know of in any game. It's amazing anyone pushes through it to learn to become decent. It throws so much at new players instead of introducing things gradually, and it puts new players in the position of getting stomped without understanding why or how they're supposed to play against it.

    Or even took scoring in as part of the MMR rating. Dying with with 30k+ and being top of the survivors for the trial is still a loss of MMR right now, where as hatching out at 10k is a + in MMR.

  • @Autharia said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3827841#Comment_3827841

    Or even took scoring in as part of the MMR rating. Dying with with 30k+ and being top of the survivors for the trial is still a loss of MMR right now, where as hatching out at 10k is a + in MMR.

    Yup, the game needs to reward participation instead of escape. Focusing so heavily on escape has caused a lot of problems.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3827817#Comment_3827817

    SBMM would make sense if it took actual skill into account. Escaping doesn't mean you played skillfully, it means your teammates played skillfully. Hell, in a lot of matches it means one survivor played well and died while the other three skirted.

    But in general it would be better if the system could be intelligent. Look at playstyles and put like with like. Newbies with newbies, team players with team players, lone wolves with lone wolves, casual with casual, etc.

    The new player experience is abysmal. Probably the worst I know of in any game. It's amazing anyone pushes through it to learn to become decent. It throws so much at new players instead of introducing things gradually, and it puts new players in the position of getting stomped without understanding why or how they're supposed to play against it.

    Yup, this is exactly why the hockey comparison became such a meme. There are a slew of stats that are collected on every match that would be able to supplement (or even replace) the outcome biased system. It could be made into a series of things like chase duration and frequency, emblem progress, even protection hits for survivors and power based scoring events for killers. There's potential for the system but it was just dumped in its simplistic "only outcome matters" state.

    Also I agree with both of you about the new player experience, even for veteran players who take hiatuses it can feel pretty grueling just catching up with the changes