PS4 Survivor Queue Times
I’ve noticed over the past 2 weeks that waiting times as survivor on PS4 is unbearable. Usually it would be a killer game I’d wait a few minutes for.
Now as survivor I nearly have to wait 20 minutes to find a game. I’ve seen a few people say they’re having the same problem. What’s going on ?
Now as survivor I nearly have to wait 20 minutes to find a game. I’ve seen a few people say they’re having the same problem. What’s going on ?
Comments
I only know what Ive readon the forum since I dont play on PS4.
But apparently survivor queue times are awful while killer queues are instant.
This leads me to the conclusion that the killer gameplay has drawn away a lot of killers. And honestly, im not surprised, I wouldnt want to play killer with controller and bad fps either
Ya I dunno. Games a mess at the moment I think.
I play on PS4 too so is this issue only happening to some people or is it a known issue??
I don’t think anything has officially been said about the waiting times. Probably won’t be said either.
I don’t bother responding to salt. It unfortunately comes with the game. But like this game is supposed to be lasting for “years to come” say the developers. Yet I can’t play the game ? So that can’t make sense.
The game isn’t made just for killers. I should be able to play both. But I can’t because it takes 20-30 minutes to find survivor games (at any and all ranks)
I love this game with all my heart. But it’s a mess right now. It’s hard for me to wanna play it. Even on patch day today. I wanted to see the changes. But I can’t even play the game.
But it’s not for everybody.
Yeah i may be bitching, and i havent been playing long, but it's my own personal experience.
You grow used to most things. You learn survivors tricks and how they will make mistakes too. Practise really makes perfect.
I have the same problem, it sucks. I don't always have time to play Killer so I play Survivor and now the que times take so long I could have played Killer if I had known that I had the time.
It's bullshit. PS4 queue times are ######### horrendous.
There weren’t any issues until the winter event ended and it was a drastic change. Rank reset didn’t even help at all.
Well, as long as killer have insta lobbies, then it doesnt seem to be a bugg.
You need both sides to play the game, so if killers can play, but survivors have long queue times, then its due to a lack of killers. If there was a matchmaking bug, then both sides would feel that, wouldnt they?
Yep, that is why i said maybe the base is dwindling. I struggled finding matches till about 9pm est, after that lobbies only took a few minutes to get into.
Its quite some time ago that DBD got f2p on PS and shortly after that there were no killer shortages afaik?
@OrionsFury4789 that could be the case a more heavy survivor ratio added in with new games. Many people i know are playing RD2 and i know friday RE2 is out and unless the event starts thursday or friday that will be the only thing i play until the event begins.
Unfortunately many solutions to improve matchmaking and queue times may not be ready to be implemented before dedicated servers are live.
Is it to early to suggest to offer an optional "quick play" queue option?
5 players with optimal connection speed are matched as quickly as possible.
It is randomly selected who of the 5 player is killer and who is survivor.
Ranking could be ignored as well.
It does not solve the situation for SWF or those who only want to play solo survivor.
But why not at least provide a solution for those who do not care if they play killer or survivor and about ranking?
Since only solo-players could enter such a game mode, it cant exist for the same reason why killers cant opt out of SWF
From my point of view currently there are a considerable amount of issues and challenges that result in the same answer:
Unfortunately this suggestion will not work because we have to consider SWF.
At what point exactly is it time to consider that it is not healthy for this game to keep supporting SWF when it means that all those people both survivors and killers who want to play solo are the ones who have to deal with the negative consequences?
Bad matchmaking and longer waiting times for solo killers and survivors just so some people can "enjoy" playing together?
Why is it such a huge challenge for this community to realize that everyone would have a better game experience both in matchmaking speed and skill of the opponents when people could only queue solo.