Luck/chests/items/perk update

Hello folks,

here are some of my ideas, how to make chests better. What are your thoughts? Constructive feedback is very welcome.

Chests

  • 6 chests spawn outside of the basement per trial without offerings (was 3)

Ace in the hole is now basekit

  • allows you to find addons in chests and to keep your addons if you escape a trial

That allone would make chests a lot more interesting. I think it is wasted potential to not make it basekit.

Luck affects chests

  • influences/increases the rarity of addons and items you get from chests

Luck as a mechanic is barely used (at least in my matches) and this would be a way to make it more useful.

Basement

  • There spawn 2-3 chests with at least green or better items/addons
  • There spawns a vault, which requires you to find a special key on the map. This key can be found at corpses on each map.

Both aspects would make the basement a bigger part of gameplay for both sides and it would reward survivors for the risk of going down there.

The vault on the other hand would give you something to look out or even to search for on maps, which rewards you with a great price.

Items

Flashlight

  • Blinding the killer while he is moving is 50-100% more efficient, which blinds him faster

Blinding the killer is only really possible, when he is stuck in animations and very difficult when he is moving since he can just look down. This change would make them more useful outside of saves.

Medkits

  • They should have a different amount of charges/self healing speed/altruistic healing speeds (Basically just revert the medkit rework/nerfs)

Ever since the rework there was no point in having variants since there is barely any difference between them. The self healing is the main part of them and only being able to do it once is not enough. My idea for medkits: The purple one should have multiple heals for example 3, fast self healing speed and fast altruistic healing speed. The green one should have 2 heals and fast self healing speed. The yellow one should have two heals, but with a penalty to self healing and it makes altruistic healing very fast. The grey stays like it is.

Toolboxes

  • Sabotaging a hook requires 4 charges (was 6)
  • Grey toolbox: 18charges (was 16)
  • Yellow toolbox: 20 charges (was 16), hooks need an additional 20s to respawn (new)
  • Commodious stays like it is
  • Mechanic’s toolbox: 20 charges (was 16)
  • Alex’s: 20 charges (was 16), the aura of a sabotaged hook remains highlighted for 15s for the killer after it got sabotaged (new)
  • Engineer’s: 22charges (was 16)

Keys

  • Charging the power button fully to see the auras is faster.

To allow the aura reading faster.

New features:

  • Charging the key hides your scar tech marks and pools of blood (new)

To give it a nice little useful effect.

  • You can open chests almost instantly, which costs the keys duration (new) and you see the aura of chests

This way you could search through chests faster and get your desired item faster to replace the key you got out of a chest.

  • Closed Doors with black locks 🔐 (new)

There spawn locked doors on maps that can be opened up by purple and iri keys. Opening them can make loops stronger or allow you to enter new rooms, that were closed before. It could even open up some secret passages. The opened doors can either be used to slam the door on the killer or be locked again.

  • Closed Windows with black locks 🔒 (new)

You can open those windows with the purple and iri keys, which unlocks a stronger window loop.

Addon ideas (keys)

  • Opening a chest guarantees an purple item with minimum green addons, which consumes 40% of the keys duration
  • Windows of opportunity as addon (shows window and pallet locations for those who don’t know)

Maps

  • They work without charges all the time, this can be activated or deactivated by pressing the power button

This limited them very much.

  • Iri map: Shows the aura of generators/hatch/exit gates/killer belongings map wide
  • Green map: Shows the aura of generators/hatch/exit gate/killer belongings in a radius of 32m around you

Firecrackers/smoke bomb/flaslight addon ideas

  • Increases the amount of firecrackers/smoke bombs by 2 (smoke bomb/firecrackers)
  • Increases the smoke bombs radius by 3m (works for smoke bomb)
  • After leaving the smoke bomb or blinding the killer, you leave no scratch marks and polls of blood for 3s (works for all)
  • After blinding the killer, he gets the deafened status effect for the duration of the blind or when being inside the smoke bomb the killer gets the deafened status effect (works for all)

New items

  • Smoke bomb (I want one available as item)
  • Ax 🪓

You can open up blocked/locked windows/doors and breakable walls. Breakable walls would become a window or if you damage it further it opens up completly. You can only slow vault the new created windows, because it is spiky and when fast vaulting them you get injured. Killers have to distroy the breakable wall-window to get through.

  • Bottle with a sticky or slippery substance

You Could throw it like a flasbang or smoke bomb on the ground and either the ground gets sticky and slows the person down, that wants to walk over it or it makes the person slide there.

  • Bush suit/placeable bushes/placeable cobwebs

To give some more places to hide in.

  • Placable totems

They can either be placed manually or at the totem spawn locations, but they don’t have a hitbox to not serve as a blocking mechanic. They don’t spawn in chests and are not spawning very much in the bloodweb.

Potions/Serums 🍾💉

They spawn randomly on the map and can be found next to the items in chests. They can be used by either side. They work for a limited time depending on the effect. They have colors for the effects, that can happen. Not all effects are beneficial. The potions can be picked up and used later also when running.

  • Luck/Anti luck potion 🟡

Increase luck for the survivor, who drinks it, by 30% for 80s. Decrease luck for all survivors, when the killer drinks it by 30% for 80s.

  • Haste potion 🔵

Increases the haste for the one, who drinks it, by 5% for 20s.

  • Hindered potion 🔵

Decreases the speed of the person, who drinks it, by 5% for 20s.

  • Vault speed potion 🔵

After drinking it, survivors vault 10% faster and the killer vaults 30% faster for 30s.

  • Undetectable potion ⚪️

The Killer gains undetectable for 20s. Survivors don’t leave scratch marks or pools of blood for 20s.

  • Blindness potion ⚪️

After drinking it either side gets blindness for 20s.

  • Oblivious potion (survivors)⚪️

The survivor, who drinks it, becomes oblivious for 30s.

  • Silent potion (survivors)⚪️

Survivors breathing sounds, grunts of pain and footsteps are silent for 30s.

There are probably a lot more ideas, but for now, this is enough to show what I mean.

Perks

Ace in the hole

  • Allow’s you to equip items with 3 addons
  • Items spawn with 3 addons inside of chests (affects for all survivors in a match)
  • Increases the chance of getting higher rarity addons

Comments

  • Chests

    These have implications for certain killer power spawns such as Plague fountains and Pig Jigsaw Boxes so I wouldn't recommend going too nuts... however 4 chests seems reasonable since there are 4 survivors, with an extra one in basement. That sounds kinda cool.

    Ace in the Hole basekit isn't the worst idea ever, as looter builds are pretty woefully underwhelming, though if we're reworking luck for better items the details in how luck is implemented is quite tricky. I attempted hit here:

    @UndeddJester said:

    Why rework chests?

    Chests are something that I definitely believe should be in DBD... they allow clutch moments in SoloQ, such as finding a medkit to heal yourself before heading to gate, or finding a key to get out through hatch when all other options are exhausted... however the inescapable truth is that 99% of the time, taking the time to find and search one is a throw. They take too much time to find, too long to open, and the items are randomised, with random rarity and no add-ons, making the rewards for doing chests just not worth the effort.

    Goal: Can they ever be meta?

    The simple answer is no... not really. The time investment is almost never worth it compared to just doing gens in normal situations… this is a fact that would be almost impossible to change. Doing your objective will always be better than searching for an item to aid in doing your objective...

    There is however one niche that chests can potentially fill... allowing you to hide your build in the lobby from the killer, and instead pull your item from a chest in the trial. With the prevalence of perks like Corrupt Intervention, Dead Man's Switch, Grim Embrace, Deadlock, having this niche is not as pathetic as it seems at first, but only if building for a loot set up was actually reliable and not too costly on time. This idea will be the goal of our rework.

    For reference

    • Unlocking chests takes 10 seconds at base.
    • There are 4 tiers of item looting: Base, Plunderer's Instinct Tier 1, Plunderer's Instinct Tier 2, Plunderer's Instinct Tier 3.
    • Chances of items looted from chests is set by rarity. From playtest data: 43% brown(2 items), 33% yellow(3), 16% green(6), 5% purple(5), 2% iri(2).
    • Chances of items looted from chests with tier 3 Plunderer's Instinct from playtest data: 14% brown (2), 18% yellow(3), 22% green (6), 31% purple(5), 15% iri(2).

    Proposed Luck Changes

    • Luck no longer affects unhook chances.
    • Luck now instead affects item rarity in chests.
    • Luck has 4 tiers identical to the current effects of the tiers of Plunderer's Instinct, that can be raised or lowered by perks/effects.
    • Items from chests have a 50% chance of having no add-ons, 50% chance to have 1 add-on, and a 0% chance of having 2 add-ons. Denoted as such:
      - 0 = 50% 1 = 50%, 2 = 0%
    • Luck also affects the rarity of add-ons looted from chests, based on your current luck tier and identical to the tiers provided by Plunderer's Intinct.

    Perks Reworks

    Ace in the Hole

    • Increases search speed of chests by 50/100/150% (6.67/5/4s).
    • Items discovered via any means gain an addative 50% chance of having add ons.
      - 0 = 0% 1 = 50%, 2 = 50%
    • Raises Luck by 1 tier.

    Appraisal

    • Unlocks the ability to rummage, no tokens, limited to once per chest.
    • Rummaging through chests is now 50/100/150% faster (6.667/5/4s).
    • Items and add-ons pulled are affected by Luck.
    • Raises Luck by 1 tier.

    Up The Ante

    • Raises Luck by 3 tiers.
    • Whenever searching or rummaging a chest, the item and any addons attached automatically go up an additional rarity tier (if it is able).
    • Mad Cap Idea I'm throwing in for fun/giggles: If a maximum tier item is found, a special "Entity Essence Embued Item" (denoted by a black/orange background, and an orange glow on the item itself), which has the same properties as the top tier item, with an additional bonus on a select stats…. e.g.
      - key duration +6s
      - map range +2m / duration +5s
      - flashlight increased aim accuracy +25%
      - medkit +6 charges
      - toolbox sabo speed + 25% (alex variant)
      - toolbox +6 charges (engineer variant).
      This item can be escaped with (the only way to acquire one)! Would be a fun/goofy thing for survivors to try for ^^

    Plunderer's Instinct

    • The auras of objects are revealed to you within 16/24/32m, including chests, items in chests or items dropped in the environment.
    • Press the active ability button to consume an item in range (including flashbangs and expired items) to recharge 10/20/30% of your current item.
    • Raises luck by 2 tiers.

    Pharmacy

    This perk activates whenever you are injured. While active:

    • Auras of opened and unopened chests are revealed to you within 24m.
    • Unlocks the ability to rummage, limited to once per chest.
    • Searching/rummaging a chest guarantees a Medkit.
    • Raises Luck by 2 tiers.

    This perk deactivates for the rest of the trial after successfully searching/rummaging for a medkit while the perk is active.

    Residual Manifest

    • The first time searching/rummaging a chest guarantees a flashlight.
    • After a successful killer blind, the killer suffers from the blindness status effect for 20/25/30 seconds.
    • Raises Luck by 1 tier.

    Scavenger

    While holding a depleted toolbox Scavenger activates:

    • Succeeding a Great repairing skillcheck grants 1 token, up to a max of 5 tokens.
    • Unlocks the rummage action.
    • Instead of granting an item, completing the rummage action in a chest will consume all tokens and replenish 5/15/30/60/100% of the toolbox.

    When searching a chest for the first time without an item, Scavenger guarantees a Toolbox.

    Slippery Meat

    • The anti-camp killer detection range is increased by 8m.
    • Charges 10% faster.

    Dramaturgy

    The item acquisition effect is changed to:

    • Temporarily raises luck by 2, and any item acquired through Dramaturgy has an additional 25% chance to have an add on and is automatically increase by 1 rarity tier.
      - 0 = 25% 1 = 50%, 2 = 25%.
      - 0 = 0% 1 = 25% 2 = 75% with Ace in the Hole.

    Offering Changes

    Honestly we could do anything here. There are a lot of them, and they are all dedicated to self-unhook attempts… so these really need an overhaul. They are all luck themed and that "ward off evil" type thing… but if I just throw random stuff at them of top of my head…

    • Chalk Pouch - All item chests start the trial 10% unlocked.
    • Cream Chalk Pouch - All item chests start the trial 20% unlocked.
    • Ivory Chalk Pouch - All item chests start the trial 30% unlocked.
    • Salt Pouch - Items looted from chests gain and addative 5% chance of having add-ons
      - 0 = 45% 1 = 50%, 2 = 5% base.
      - 0 = 20% 1 = 50% 2 = 30% with Dramaturgy.
      - 0 = 0% 1 = 45% 2 = 55% with Ace in the Hole.
      - 0 = 0% 1 = 20% 2 = 80% with Dramaturgy and Ace In The Hole.
    • Black Salt Statuette - Items looted from chests gain an addative 10% chance of having add-ons
      - 0 = 40% 1 = 50% 2 = 10% base.
      - 0 = 15% 1 = 50% 2 = 35% with Dramaturgy.
      - 0 = 0% 1 = 40% 2 = 60% with Ace in the Hole.
      - 0 = 0% 1 = 15% 2 = 85% with Dramaturgy and Ace In The Hole.
    • Vigo's Jar of Salty Lips - Items looted from chests gain an addative 20% chance of having add-ons
      - 0 = 30% 1 = 50%, 2 = 20% base.
      - 0 = 5% 1 = 50% 2 = 45% with Dramaturgy.
      - 0 = 0% 1 = 30% 2 = 70% with Ace in the Hole.
      - 0 = 0% 1 = 5% 2 = 95% with Dramaturgy and Ace In The Hole.

    These don't stack, the highest wins out. Could probably do something more interesting… but seriously what can be done with these really? :S

    Conclusion

    As stated before, this would not make chest builds meta… but they would at least have a niche, where survivors could grab items from chests as a means of circumventing killers taking hard counters to their builds, such as Lightborn or Franklin's.

    Most builds would be pretty functional with a combination of any of item grabbing perks, in conjunction with any of the luck boosting perks, granting a decent chance of getting reasonably strong items. With Dramaturgy, Ace in the hole, and Appraisal all providing options for faster chest work, it makes them not a complete throw to use.

    Builds could include: -

    1. A self heal build using Pharmacy and Ace in the Hole, maybe to try for a stypic or syringes and otherwise be able to get 2 medkits into a game consistently.
    2. A flashlight build with Residual Manifest and Ace in the Hole to grab a strong flashlight early and/or Plunderer's Instinct to be able to top it up.
    3. Scavenger and Plunderer's Instinct to line up a chest with an item then consume it if you're struggling for stacks. Can also consider appraisal for faster rummages. (This change also makes Scavenger a little less difficult to get value from if you can find chests promptly).
    4. Plunderer's Instinct With Appraisal to farm for charges on your item.
    5. Any of the above with Up the Ante if you want a specific item of high rarity.
    6. A pure looter build using Up the Ante and Ace in the Hole to get some kind of strong item if you want to roll the dice (very on brand for Ace).
    7. The pure madness of a Dramaturgy, Ace in the Hole, Up the Ante… yes… Dramaturgy and Up the Ante would stack their individual items rarity increases…. mother of God O.o

    I feel like this would be my best shot at getting chests to not be a complete waste of time, and retain a somewhat meaningful purpose within the game. The fact you can reliably get decent items with these perks smuggled into the trial without a chance for the killer to counter, is offset by the fact you're not in perfect control of exactly what you get, and it otherwise leaves the chests as something you probably shouldn't do without a specific idea in mind.

    If you read all this… have a cookie 🍪 cause Jeez… this was long. 😴

    Basement

    There are 2 chest spawn locations in basement, I don't see why both couldn't be there.

    The vault idea is interesting, but in terms of what it actually gives you, that is the real question. Survivors need a reason to do it that is meaningful, and I think you're gonna be hard pushed to come up with something balanced/valuable enough to warrant the time investement.

    Items

    Flashlights

    I get what you're saying for these, though it sounds a little like the old instablind flashlights, which were quite miserable for killers to face. A lot of the time you simply couldn't react fast enough to avoid blinds, and console killers especially would be very susceptible to this change. Killers would have to constantly look down to have a chance to react, which would just be annoying, and with Iron Will being the way it is this opens the door on some potential really nasty and punishing scenarios. For example pre-beaming a killer who has to break a god pallet would get the bonus blind speed as they move towards pallet, and the distance lost as they then still have to break the pallet iwpuld be insane, especially for less mobile killers. So while I understand the sentiment, I think it does more harm than good.

    Medkits

    I do think altruistic healing speeds and charges should be different. For example I don't understand why you couldn't have a purple medkit with 32 charges, but -50% self heal efficiency, so that it's better for altruistic healing for example. Self healing though is a powerful tool that should not really be buffed. The survivors are meant to work together for the most part and having medkits able to heal yourself while your teammates run off to do gens is certainly a strong buff to have that has had to be repeatedly nerfes for how fundamentally game altering it is.

    Toolboxes

    I think are mostly fine for sabos. Reducing the cost to sabo would be a change I'm a little indifferent to, would be happy either way.

    The only thing that irks me is that Commodius the best toolbox for everything. It should have crap Sabo speed to compensate for how good it is at repairing gens. I'd also like to see Alex's toolbox get a small boost to repairs, in case you never get a chance to sabo, you can still use the toolbox to get some value from repairs.

    I'd be reluctant to grant extra charges though because that makes them even more gen rushier than they already are.

    Keys

    I think they'd benefit from a base aura to read chests, since that makes sense for a key that would unlock chests. I'm not sure being able to spend the key to instant open a chest for an unknown item would be too valuable though, considering keys have some powerful auras if you use them properly. I'd probably just open the chest personally.

    For the secret passages, can the killer interact with these? A bit like breakable walls, their use seems very niche and potentially difficult to account for in map design. My main issue with maps and keys is they are add-on dependent and it's pretty much use the iri or bust.

    I'd like the common version to have similar value to the iri, but have slower hatch opening times.

    Maps

    Similar to keys, maps are actually quite decent if you use them to their fullest. They would help out newer players a lot if they were more available. I'd like your WoO ability on maps.

    Firecrackers / Smoke Bombs / Axe

    I'd like to see these as usable items, though the drop flashbang inside the killers model needs to be fixed.

    There is potential in a smoke bomb. The event shows them to be pretty cool. I would however ask for a shorter duration, I've had a few smoke bombs that straight up have had me lost and stuck in terrain before, and really struggle to get out.

    Axe is funny idea... still has that certain maps have problematic breakable walls issue, but assuming that wasn't a problem, that'd be fun... if not as items, as a perk 😅

  • @UndeddJester said:

    Chests

    These have implications for certain killer power spawns such as Plague fountains and Pig Jigsaw Boxes so I wouldn't recommend going too nuts... however 4 chests seems reasonable since there are 4 survivors, with an extra one in basement. That sounds kinda cool.

    Ace in the Hole basekit isn't the worst idea ever, as looter builds are pretty woefully underwhelming, though if we're reworking luck for better items the details in how luck is implemented is quite tricky. I attempted hit here:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/411194/the-great-chest-luck-rework

    Basement

    There are 2 chest spawn locations in basement, I don't see why both couldn't be there.

    The vault idea is interesting, but in terms of what it actually gives you, that is the real question. Survivors need a reason to do it that is meaningful, and I think you're gonna be hard pushed to come up with something balanced/valuable enough to warrant the time investement.

    Items

    Flashlights

    I get what you're saying for these, though it sounds a little like the old instablind flashlights, which were quite miserable for killers to face. A lot of the time you simply couldn't react fast enough to avoid blinds, and console killers especially would be very susceptible to this change. Killers would have to constantly look down to have a chance to react, which would just be annoying, and with Iron Will being the way it is this opens the door on some potential really nasty and punishing scenarios. For example pre-beaming a killer who has to break a god pallet would get the bonus blind speed as they move towards pallet, and the distance lost as they then still have to break the pallet iwpuld be insane, especially for less mobile killers. So while I understand the sentiment, I think it does more harm than good.

    Medkits

    I do think altruistic healing speeds and charges should be different. For example I don't understand why you couldn't have a purple medkit with 32 charges, but -50% self heal efficiency, so that it's better for altruistic healing for example. Self healing though is a powerful tool that should not really be buffed. The survivors are meant to work together for the most part and having medkits able to heal yourself while your teammates run off to do gens is certainly a strong buff to have that has had to be repeatedly nerfes for how fundamentally game altering it is.

    Toolboxes

    I think are mostly fine for sabos. Reducing the cost to sabo would be a change I'm a little indifferent to, would be happy either way.

    The only thing that irks me is that Commodius the best toolbox for everything. It should have crap Sabo speed to compensate for how good it is at repairing gens. I'd also like to see Alex's toolbox get a small boost to repairs, in case you never get a chance to sabo, you can still use the toolbox to get some value from repairs.

    I'd be reluctant to grant extra charges though because that makes them even more gen rushier than they already are.

    Keys

    I think they'd benefit from a base aura to read chests, since that makes sense for a key that would unlock chests. I'm not sure being able to spend the key to instant open a chest for an unknown item would be too valuable though, considering keys have some powerful auras if you use them properly. I'd probably just open the chest personally.

    For the secret passages, can the killer interact with these? A bit like breakable walls, their use seems very niche and potentially difficult to account for in map design. My main issue with maps and keys is they are add-on dependent and it's pretty much use the iri or bust.

    I'd like the common version to have similar value to the iri, but have slower hatch opening times.

    Maps

    Similar to keys, maps are actually quite decent if you use them to their fullest. They would help out newer players a lot if they were more available. I'd like your WoO ability on maps.

    Firecrackers / Smoke Bombs / Axe

    I'd like to see these as usable items, though the drop flashbang inside the killers model needs to be fixed.

    There is potential in a smoke bomb. The event shows them to be pretty cool. I would however ask for a shorter duration, I've had a few smoke bombs that straight up have had me lost and stuck in terrain before, and really struggle to get out.

    Axe is funny idea... still has that certain maps have problematic breakable walls issue, but assuming that wasn't a problem, that'd be fun... if not as items, as a perk 😅

    6 Chests

    Of course there should be added more chest spawns and the killer belongings should be prioritized to not mess up with them.

    The vault in the basement

    They are meant to work like the keycard on nostromo, which you can search for and doing so grants you a purple or better item. I think it would also be cool if there were special items findable inside.

    Flashlights

    I can’t say whether or not my suggested numbers are too high, but blinding the killer while he is moving is almost impossible and with the buff the killer can still just look away.

    Medkits

    I think medkits are for both healing others and yourself. I really despise the nerf they did to medkits. The old ones were so much cooler and more fun and they just nuked them.

    Survivors are meant to work together

    That’s not how soloq works 90% of the time, but I’m also not a fan of being forced to use them for teammates. If I want to heal teammates faster, then I bring perks. Therefore I suggested having the purple one that does heal (you and mates) fast and has many charges, green that is for (self) healing 2times fast and yellow one to heal others fast since this is the lesser wanted effect.

    Toolboxes

    The only thing that irks me is that Commodius the best toolbox for everything

    Well my idea was to make the other toolboxes better, so commodious isn’t the obvious choice anymore. It would still have many charges and be a bit of an allrounder, but not the best for either repairing or saboing.

    I gave the yellow one a unique effect to not make it just a worse variant of the others and I gave Alex’s a new unique effect to give it a real advantage over commodious. I also increased the charges a bit since 16 is literally nothing.

    Keys

    “Base aura reading for chests” I think that is a good idea and I add it up there.

    I'm not sure being able to spend the key to instant open a chest for an unknown item would be too valuable though

    We all know the feeling of finding a key in a chest and most of the time we just want to get rid of it, which is basically my suggestion; Getting rid of the key fast to get a different potentially better item and if you got not what you wanted the first time, you can just use the key for the next chest to get a quick look into them.

    Passages

    My idea was to open up some Easter egg rooms or to unlock a STONG window for survivors or to get a beneficial shortcut for survivors. I haven’t added an interaction for the killer, because it should benefit the survivors and right now I have no idea why the killer would want to open them for example. Therefore I didn’t add an interaction for killers. Another reason for the idea with the black looks is that this could be way to integrate stronger windows/loops (not OP ones or infinites) into maps without making them always active. For example the window in the garden of joy main building window could be blocked that way, but be unlockable with the purple/iri key. Maybe the killer can do something to close it again and then you need to open it up again or so.

    I think keys are meant to be something, that you need to modify to get the effects you want, that’s why I’m fine with them having no base effect. Maybe a nice base effect could be; when holding the power button, your scratch marks and pools of blood are hidden. What do you think?

    I'd like the common version to have similar value to the iri, but have slower hatch opening times. 

    I’m not against that, but what would be the point of the purple key then?

    Flash bang

    I'd like to see these as usable items, though the drop flashbang inside the killers model needs to be fixed.

    Isn’t that the only purpose of flash bangs? Aren’t they meant to be able to be dropped in the killers face to blind them while they look at walls.

    Smoke bomb

    I love them so much, hopefully they integrate them to the normal items.

    Ax

    still has that certain maps have problematic breakable walls issue

    That’s why I made it only slow vaultable.


    What do you think about the potions, ace in the whole rework and the other items ?

  • @Langweilig said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3824216#Comment_3824216

    6 Chests

    Of course there should be added more chest spawns and the killer belongings should be prioritized to not mess up with them.

    The vault in the basement

    They are meant to work like the keycard on nostromo, which you can search for and doing so grants you a purple or better item. I think it would also be cool if there were special items findable inside.

    Flashlights

    I can’t say whether or not my suggested numbers are too high, but blinding the killer while he is moving is almost impossible and with the buff the killer can still just look away.

    Medkits

    I think medkits are for both healing others and yourself. I really despise the nerf they did to medkits. The old ones were so much cooler and more fun and they just nuked them.

    Survivors are meant to work together

    That’s not how soloq works 90% of the time, but I’m also not a fan of being forced to use them for teammates. If I want to heal teammates faster, then I bring perks. Therefore I suggested having the purple one that does heal (you and mates) fast and has many charges, green that is for (self) healing 2times fast and yellow one to heal others fast since this is the lesser wanted effect.

    Toolboxes

    The only thing that irks me is that Commodius the best toolbox for everything

    Well my idea was to make the other toolboxes better, so commodious isn’t the obvious choice anymore. It would still have many charges and be a bit of an allrounder, but not the best for either repairing or saboing.

    I gave the yellow one a unique effect to not make it just a worse variant of the others and I gave Alex’s a new unique effect to give it a real advantage over commodious. I also increased the charges a bit since 16 is literally nothing.

    Keys

    “Base aura reading for chests” I think that is a good idea and I add it up there.

    I'm not sure being able to spend the key to instant open a chest for an unknown item would be too valuable though

    We all know the feeling of finding a key in a chest and most of the time we just want to get rid of it, which is basically my suggestion; Getting rid of the key fast to get a different potentially better item and if you got not what you wanted the first time, you can just use the key for the next chest to get a quick look into them.

    Passages

    My idea was to open up some Easter egg rooms or to unlock a STONG window for survivors or to get a beneficial shortcut for survivors. I haven’t added an interaction for the killer, because it should benefit the survivors and right now I have no idea why the killer would want to open them for example. Therefore I didn’t add an interaction for killers. Another reason for the idea with the black looks is that this could be way to integrate stronger windows/loops (not OP ones or infinites) into maps without making them always active. For example the window in the garden of joy main building window could be blocked that way, but be unlockable with the purple/iri key. Maybe the killer can do something to close it again and then you need to open it up again or so.

    I think keys are meant to be something, that you need to modify to get the effects you want, that’s why I’m fine with them having no base effect. Maybe a nice base effect could be; when holding the power button, your scratch marks and pools of blood are hidden. What do you think?

    I'd like the common version to have similar value to the iri, but have slower hatch opening times. 

    I’m not against that, but what would be the point of the purple key then?

    Flash bang

    I'd like to see these as usable items, though the drop flashbang inside the killers model needs to be fixed.

    Isn’t that the only purpose of flash bangs? Aren’t they meant to be able to be dropped in the killers face to blind them while they look at walls.

    Smoke bomb

    I love them so much, hopefully they integrate them to the normal items.

    Ax

    still has that certain maps have problematic breakable walls issue

    That’s why I made it only slow vaultable.


    What do you think about the potions, ace in the whole rework and the other items ?

    I had to jump off the train so couldn't finish xD

    Bottles/Glue/Oil Slick

    I'm not sure on this it sounds in essence effectively the same as Clown's power, which I would be reluctant to give to survivors... it seems something that would be far more punishing to m1 killers than mobile lethal killers.

    Bush suit

    Hard to say, how would it react to auras? Hiding is generally frowned upon as the survivor already has the advantage of a TR to warn them, and a thrid person camera to stay out of sight.

    If it could work, it sounds like it'd have the Trapper trap problem where it'd need to change to the map it's in to even have a chance of working.... and since we don't get that I don't see this being possible to work either sadly.

    Placable Totems

    Interesting, I'd actually kinda like to see somethimg like this in a greater Hex rework.

    Potions/Serums

    Sounds kinda wild... I'd be intrigues to see how this works out in a game mode or event first to get a grasp.

    Ace in the Hole

    I get the feeling this would be bug prone and hard to cleanly implement, and I suspect there would be some truly nasty combos to make this a gen rush nightmare.

    Can you imagine a commodius with max charges and a BNP? This would be pretty ridonkulous of a combo... and I have a feeling it would be a SWF hard rush dream.

    Kinda struggling for a better idea though, I guess Ace in the Hole is largely dependent of the wider rework of luck to find a place.

  • Topic about survivor items… i have been summoned lol

    i will share some of my ideas/links with similar stuff

    Chests

    6 chests in total I think would be okay on base. the current 3 feel a bit too few with the current perks revolving around chests. This would also influence killer perks around chests and as mentioned killer power related objects.

    Addons being possible but not guaranteed could be basekit - especially if green maps and keys stay like they are.

    Luck not influencing chests has always been weird, its a common misconception already and just feels natural here.

    Basement

    3 chests seems too much, 2 I guess would be okay.

    The vault with special key making the basement more interesting is neat

    Items

    Flashlights: Not sure here, seems like espeically with coordinated survivors and multiple flashlights that would be too much.

    Medkits: Different types with different advantages need to return if we keep the current rarity system, currently they feel too same-y

    Toolbox: not too much into the charges/numbers of things so i leave that neutral. Having hooks be highlighted for killers would still show them they are broken, right?

    Keys: faster charging for aura reads and unlocking chests I fully support. not sure on the Scratchmarks/blood hiding.. seems a little bit much - i would first introduce the other changes and see how those play out and if keys remain underused/weak maybe add that later? with addons?

    Closed doors/windows: interesting ideas - though i wouldnt lock these behind keys tbh as that would be too dependent on survs bringing/finding them - maybe instead make it work like your basement vault with a special key found on the map? Then there would be more strategic use which one to open

    Maps: would definitley like to see this tested in a PTB - maybe adding some kind of cooldown of a few sec after use(?); as for green/iri ones, I think it would make most sense to just pile them together and rework add ons completely tbh.

    Firecrackers/smoke bomb/flaslight addon ideas: yes :)

    Ax

    imo, axes dont fit thematically because.. WHY wouldnt the survs use them on killers?

    i want to mention my idea of chalk working similar to the movie Pans Labyrinth - creating a door-way which may be limited time: Piece of Chalk

    Bottle with a sticky or slippery substance

    I had a similar idea with salt instead of a substance (as salt is used against evil spirits and such) - i like the idea and want it at least tested maybe like they are testing smoke bombs right now in an event

    Salt Pouch

    Bush suit/placeable bushes/placeable cobwebs

    not sure on this idea - I would rather see them add the Snowmen from the Winter event on every map as permanent new hiding spots (instead of snowmen these would be cardboard boxes)

    Cardboard boxes

    Placeable totem

    interesting idea - though probably a bit too abusable for boons on certain maps? there are already very killer unfriendly spawns and this could be too much. also i am gonna assume its one time use and if killer kicks it (as a boon) it would be destroyed regardless of killers perks?

    Potions/Serums

    I will just leave my vending machine suggestion here :) (i also added your effects with link to this thread - if you dont want that just let me know and i will edit them out again)

    Vending machines

    Ace in the hole

    Not sure on the third addon part as it might be bug prone as UndeddJester mentioned but also would need a UI overhaul- but having at least guaranteed 2 addons (instead of random 0-2 ones from chests normally) as well as affecting all survivors would be neat.

  • The 'secret vault in the basement' idea could be combined with 'more uses for keys'.

    You can spend key charges on opening the vault, which has a chest with a guaranteed purple item.

  • 110% luck should effect chests, you sold me on it. bHVR implement it next patch pls.

  • @Mooks said:

    Topic about survivor items… i have been summoned lol

    i will share some of my ideas/links with similar stuff

    Chests

    6 chests in total I think would be okay on base. the current 3 feel a bit too few with the current perks revolving around chests. This would also influence killer perks around chests and as mentioned killer power related objects.

    Addons being possible but not guaranteed could be basekit - especially if green maps and keys stay like they are.

    Luck not influencing chests has always been weird, its a common misconception already and just feels natural here.

    Basement

    3 chests seems too much, 2 I guess would be okay.

    The vault with special key making the basement more interesting is neat

    Items

    Flashlights: Not sure here, seems like espeically with coordinated survivors and multiple flashlights that would be too much.

    Medkits: Different types with different advantages need to return if we keep the current rarity system, currently they feel too same-y

    Toolbox: not too much into the charges/numbers of things so i leave that neutral. Having hooks be highlighted for killers would still show them they are broken, right?

    Keys: faster charging for aura reads and unlocking chests I fully support. not sure on the Scratchmarks/blood hiding.. seems a little bit much - i would first introduce the other changes and see how those play out and if keys remain underused/weak maybe add that later? with addons?

    Closed doors/windows: interesting ideas - though i wouldnt lock these behind keys tbh as that would be too dependent on survs bringing/finding them - maybe instead make it work like your basement vault with a special key found on the map? Then there would be more strategic use which one to open

    Maps: would definitley like to see this tested in a PTB - maybe adding some kind of cooldown of a few sec after use(?); as for green/iri ones, I think it would make most sense to just pile them together and rework add ons completely tbh.

    Firecrackers/smoke bomb/flaslight addon ideas: yes :)

    Ax

    imo, axes dont fit thematically because.. WHY wouldnt the survs use them on killers?

    i want to mention my idea of chalk working similar to the movie Pans Labyrinth - creating a door-way which may be limited time: Piece of Chalk

    Bottle with a sticky or slippery substance

    I had a similar idea with salt instead of a substance (as salt is used against evil spirits and such) - i like the idea and want it at least tested maybe like they are testing smoke bombs right now in an event

    Salt Pouch

    Bush suit/placeable bushes/placeable cobwebs

    not sure on this idea - I would rather see them add the Snowmen from the Winter event on every map as permanent new hiding spots (instead of snowmen these would be cardboard boxes)

    Cardboard boxes

    Placeable totem

    interesting idea - though probably a bit too abusable for boons on certain maps? there are already very killer unfriendly spawns and this could be too much. also i am gonna assume its one time use and if killer kicks it (as a boon) it would be destroyed regardless of killers perks?

    Potions/Serums

    I will just leave my vending machine suggestion here :) (i also added your effects with link to this thread - if you dont want that just let me know and i will edit them out again)

    Vending machines

    Ace in the hole

    Not sure on the third addon part as it might be bug prone as UndeddJester mentioned but also would need a UI overhaul- but having at least guaranteed 2 addons (instead of random 0-2 ones from chests normally) as well as affecting all survivors would be neat.

    Having hooks be highlighted for killers would still show them they are broken, right?

    Yes

    Closed doors/windows: interesting ideas - though i wouldnt lock these behind keys tbh as that would be too dependent on survs bringing/finding them - maybe instead make it work like your basement vault with a special key found on the map? Then there would be more strategic use which one to open

    I think both would be a good idea. Giving the iri and purple key this ability and have a special key, that you can find.

    I like your version of the “ax” more. I will comment there later on and on some of your other ideas.

    Placable Totems: I don´t think this would be very abusable, because boons as of right now aren´t good. Wether or not they should break, after the killer kicks them, I don´t know - boons are still super loud and the killer can just remeber the location to distroy them again.

  • @Emeal said:

    110% luck should effect chests, you sold me on it. bHVR implement it next patch pls.

    I have already posted a couple of times, that luck should affect chests. it´s probably one of those things, which will never happen. Sadly

  • @Seraphor said:

    The 'secret vault in the basement' idea could be combined with 'more uses for keys'.

    You can spend key charges on opening the vault, which has a chest with a guaranteed purple item.

    That could be done too. 👍️

  • Sorry for the late replies