So I apparently I heard dead by daylight will add more Japan culture in the game

Is there a chance Kayako Saeki will be added

Comments

  • sure, why wouldnt there be a chance?

    its a well known licensed horror charakter, there is nothing that would directly limit the chances. It depends on BHVR and the license holders of course

  • With the recent collaboration I think we also have a good chance fore the wendigo from until dawn too.

  • @Autharia said:

    With the recent collaboration I think we also have a good chance fore the wendigo from until dawn too.

    the Wendigo from until dawn is not part of Japan

  • I am not so convinced. Yeah, she is well known, but from the character type pretty similar to Sadako - I bet most people couldn't tell the two appart unless they were standing right next to each other, and even then there is a chance.

  • I’d love to see kuchisake onna as well

  • @Autharia said:

    With the recent collaboration I think we also have a good chance fore the wendigo from until dawn too.

    What collaboration are you talking about?

    If you mean The Casting of Frank Stone, Supermassive Games only developed Until Dawn; that IP is owned by Sony, and the new remake of the game didn't involve Supermassive at all.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    Please OP.. where did you 'apparently' hear about it? You either did or didn't lol.

    It's from a recent interview BHVR did with Blood Party Friday.

  • @SolariusYuuhi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3823251#Comment_3823251

    It's from a recent interview BHVR did with Blood Party Friday.

    That's true! Mr cote was essentially saying that the Japanese audience will be happy with future licenses or something on the lines, this is all from memory so please pinch that salt

  • @Autharia said:

    With the recent collaboration I think we also have a good chance fore the wendigo from until dawn too.

    They are VERY unlikely to do a Wendigo after what they said when it was speculated that The Unknown might be a Wendigo. Wendigo and Skinwalkers are a part of many Native American cultures, and they do not want such things being made into a game.

  • Maybe a new original character of the Yamaoka family could happen. I would be really happy about that. Let's bring Oni's grandmother into DBD :)