New Event

So I read about the new event and I’ve seen someone complaining about how survivors and killers will be fighting over the objective, but as survivor if all the gens pop then you still get 20 coins. Do we really have reason to try and get it? I honestly think it’d be best to avoid them because if the killer hooks someone it’ll go back to where you found it at. And the killer only gets 1 point per hook and 3 or 4 for destroying the vessels.
Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • TreemanXD said:
    So I read about the new event and I’ve seen someone complaining about how survivors and killers will be fighting over the objective, but as survivor if all the gens pop then you still get 20 coins. Do we really have reason to try and get it? I honestly think it’d be best to avoid them because if the killer hooks someone it’ll go back to where you found it at. And the killer only gets 1 point per hook and 3 or 4 for destroying the vessels.
    You can do that. You can also lay eggs in a pen and eat seeds from the floor while you are at it
  • Anything you've read about it outside of the official news post (which is just a vague overview) is not confirmed info. Even if someone claims to have datamined information about it, any numbers you see are subject to change. Until it's officially revealed, I wouldn't recommend speculating on it.
  • Peanits said:
    Anything you've read about it outside of the official news post (which is just a vague overview) is not confirmed info. Even if someone claims to have datamined information about it, any numbers you see are subject to change. Until it's officially revealed, I wouldn't recommend speculating on it.
    You're fighting a losing battle.
  • @not_Queen post said we’d receive info within the next 2 weeks. 

    Today is the last day of the “2 week period”, so we’ll either hear about it today or it’s probably gonna be delayed.
  • @not_Queen post said we’d receive info within the next 2 weeks. 

    Today is the last day of the “2 week period”, so we’ll either hear about it today or it’s probably gonna be delayed.
    To quote it directly, "We will share more details about the upcoming Moonrise event in the next couple of weeks."

    So not strictly two. But seeing as how the event itself is starting at the end of the month, and that it would be silly to reveal details after the event starts, you can expect news on it soon.
  • Peanits said:
    @not_Queen post said we’d receive info within the next 2 weeks. 

    Today is the last day of the “2 week period”, so we’ll either hear about it today or it’s probably gonna be delayed.
    To quote it directly, "We will share more details about the upcoming Moonrise event in the next couple of weeks."

    So not strictly two. But seeing as how the event itself is starting at the end of the month, and that it would be silly to reveal details after the event starts, you can expect news on it soon.
    Perhaps I’m mistaken in assuming that most people view “couple” as 2.

    Either way, I’m more interested in whether we’ll get 2.5.0 today rather than some event. I don’t believe we’ve heard anything in regards to dates on that.
  • Peanits said:
    Anything you've read about it outside of the official news post (which is just a vague overview) is not confirmed info. Even if someone claims to have datamined information about it, any numbers you see are subject to change. Until it's officially revealed, I wouldn't recommend speculating on it.
    You're fighting a losing battle.
    :'(
  • Peanits said:
    @not_Queen post said we’d receive info within the next 2 weeks. 

    Today is the last day of the “2 week period”, so we’ll either hear about it today or it’s probably gonna be delayed.
    To quote it directly, "We will share more details about the upcoming Moonrise event in the next couple of weeks."

    So not strictly two. But seeing as how the event itself is starting at the end of the month, and that it would be silly to reveal details after the event starts, you can expect news on it soon.
    Perhaps I’m mistaken in assuming that most people view “couple” as 2.

    Either way, I’m more interested in whether we’ll get 2.5.0 today rather than some event. I don’t believe we’ve heard anything in regards to dates on that.
    I generally take "couple of" to mean "few".  For "two," I'd lean more towards using "a pair".
  • Peanits said:
    @not_Queen post said we’d receive info within the next 2 weeks. 

    Today is the last day of the “2 week period”, so we’ll either hear about it today or it’s probably gonna be delayed.
    To quote it directly, "We will share more details about the upcoming Moonrise event in the next couple of weeks."

    So not strictly two. But seeing as how the event itself is starting at the end of the month, and that it would be silly to reveal details after the event starts, you can expect news on it soon.
    Perhaps I’m mistaken in assuming that most people view “couple” as 2.

    Either way, I’m more interested in whether we’ll get 2.5.0 today rather than some event. I don’t believe we’ve heard anything in regards to dates on that.


    Personally I'm hoping that they drop both st the same time on thursday... I wanna play the shiesta out of this game after this mid chapter patch drops 
  • @TAG said:
    I generally take "couple of" to mean "few".  For "two," I'd lean more towards using "a pair".

    "A pair" of weeks?

  • @TAG said:
    I generally take "couple of" to mean "few".  For "two," I'd lean more towards using "a pair".

    "A pair" of weeks?

    Sure, why not? :P
  • TAG said:
    Peanits said:
    @not_Queen post said we’d receive info within the next 2 weeks. 

    Today is the last day of the “2 week period”, so we’ll either hear about it today or it’s probably gonna be delayed.
    To quote it directly, "We will share more details about the upcoming Moonrise event in the next couple of weeks."

    So not strictly two. But seeing as how the event itself is starting at the end of the month, and that it would be silly to reveal details after the event starts, you can expect news on it soon.
    Perhaps I’m mistaken in assuming that most people view “couple” as 2.

    Either way, I’m more interested in whether we’ll get 2.5.0 today rather than some event. I don’t believe we’ve heard anything in regards to dates on that.
    I generally take "couple of" to mean "few".  For "two," I'd lean more towards using "a pair".
    Pair is also word that means 2.

    However I’ve never heard “in a pair of weeks” before.

    I’ve heard in a “a couple of weeks”, “a few weeks”, and “several weeks.”
  • @TAG said:
    jus_Ignant said:

    @TAG said:

    I generally take "couple of" to mean "few".  For "two," I'd lean more towards using "a pair".

    "A pair" of weeks?

    Sure, why not? :P


    LOL

  • I could be wrong, I guess when the event comes we will see :)
  • Perhaps I’m mistaken in assuming that most people view “couple” as 2.

    Either way, I’m more interested in whether we’ll get 2.5.0 today rather than some event. I don’t believe we’ve heard anything in regards to dates on that.
    You’re not- but with BHVR, timelines mean nothing and all references are arbitrary at best. They seem to be actively allergic to providing accurate information.
  • Perhaps I’m mistaken in assuming that most people view “couple” as 2.

    Either way, I’m more interested in whether we’ll get 2.5.0 today rather than some event. I don’t believe we’ve heard anything in regards to dates on that.
    You’re not- but with BHVR, timelines mean nothing and all references are arbitrary at best. They seem to be actively allergic to providing accurate information.
    You're both wrong. Its just a wrong interpretation on your part. 

    Also i'd be careful with any information too, there was this time where a lot of players threw tantrums around because of speculated, unofficial dates marked with a huge red warning.
  • @Peanits said:
    Anything you've read about it outside of the official news post (which is just a vague overview) is not confirmed info. Even if someone claims to have datamined information about it, any numbers you see are subject to change. Until it's officially revealed, I wouldn't recommend speculating on it.

    Tell them Ron Burgundy

  • TAG said:
    Peanits said:
    @not_Queen post said we’d receive info within the next 2 weeks. 

    Today is the last day of the “2 week period”, so we’ll either hear about it today or it’s probably gonna be delayed.
    To quote it directly, "We will share more details about the upcoming Moonrise event in the next couple of weeks."

    So not strictly two. But seeing as how the event itself is starting at the end of the month, and that it would be silly to reveal details after the event starts, you can expect news on it soon.
    Perhaps I’m mistaken in assuming that most people view “couple” as 2.

    Either way, I’m more interested in whether we’ll get 2.5.0 today rather than some event. I don’t believe we’ve heard anything in regards to dates on that.
    I generally take "couple of" to mean "few".  For "two," I'd lean more towards using "a pair".
    Pair is also word that means 2.

    However I’ve never heard “in a pair of weeks” before.

    I’ve heard in a “a couple of weeks”, “a few weeks”, and “several weeks.”
    All true, but none of the bottom three terms definitively means "two weeks," to be fair. ;)
  • A Chinese New Year event would probably be the actual holiday (or cultural celebration). Tuesday, the fifth of February is the day of the actual celebration, and the event would probably show up a week before. I can’t speak for the devs, but that seems to be the closest I can get. Be sure to keep an eye out for the developer stream (or whatever they wish to do), this Thursday, at 2:00 p.m. EST!