Survivors Giving Up Epidemic

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this but it genuinely feels impossible to play 75% of solo queue matches anymore because people are just instantly giving up and letting the Killer hook them and then they give up on hook. I have no idea why this has gotten so bad recently but it's not even just Killers that are annoying or easily prone to 3 gen anymore, I was playing against a Bubba who didn't even have engravings or chili and was running zero slowdown and all three of my teammates just ran up to him and gave up at the start of the match. There was zero interaction between us and the Killer prior to this, they just didn't feel like playing against Bubba, one of the most inoffensive Killers to go against in the game in my opinion.

I really don't know how to solve this other than just disabling the DC penalty and making giving up on first hook a bannable offense, because the only reason people are doing this is to dodge the DC penalty. I understand some people don't want the DC penalty to be removed since it'd leave certain killers like Skull Merchant, Nurse, and Knight with almost entirely bot lobbies almost every game, but solo queue is genuinely unplayable as it is right now. People are giving up against some of the most inoffensive, weak Killers in the game for almost always zero justifiable reason. People who don't want to play a match aren't going to one way or another. Either they DC and give your team a bot and maybe some semblance of a fighting chance with said bot(s) or they give up on hook and screw their entire team over. And right now, things have gotten so bad that it's almost always the latter and never the former.

Either way, something has to change with this. This epidemic has gotten really bad, it's left solo queue in a significantly worse state than it was a few years ago.

Comments

  • @Halloulle said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3786611#Comment_3786611

    fair, I didn't see the "calling it quits" part.
    The main point still stands though; in any other PVP game you stick around because "you know what you signed up for". - That's at least how I understand the mantality. So if that's a premise you don't agree with the rest is obsolete.

    However, given the myriad of things you could encounter at this point in dbd that is no longer the case for dbd. For all intends and purposes you don't even know what you sign up for when you Q up as SoloQ. - You only know once the match has already started. And can you really sign up for something when you don't even know what it is?

    Add to that the common "I'm not responsible for your fun" thing (that's usually thrown around by someone who played killer and got a complaint from a survivor about their playstyle not being in any way fun to face) and I think we're getting close to what's going on. Sure, the killer can play whoever and however they like and they're not responsible for the other players' fun. - But the same is true for survivor.

    Should people just not play then? - Probably. - But as I said: given the myriad of things you could face in a match the chances of facing exactly what you don't want to face are pretty slim. Quitting a game altogether because you might face something that makes you not want to play that match is like not driving because you might get into an accident.

    All of this makes 0 sense with regards to what OP was talking about though. People are quitting the moment they load in. You can't blame the killer playstyle for this. This is basically just ppl trying to pick which killer/map they get. This is happening for EVERY Killer character, although some more than others.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3786439#Comment_3786439

    OP is talking about ppl killing themselves as soon as the game starts and you are talking about the very end of the match after your team finished all the gens...

    if you bothered to read you’d see we had a further exchange at which point he suggested we should play games out for the other 3 people no matter the situation

    to which I had a poor experience and came back with an anecdote of a recent solo q game which had survivors with the selfish mentality but also no game awareness; point being, teammates like this are the types of players we’re expected to play out matches for. Sometimes your teammates are just brain dead and you realize this early the match and not EG, no thanks I’ll gg next

  • @Sow said:

    It doesn't help that people love playing anti-loop Killers. I wonder why, they got looped on Nemesis and said nope!

    Nearly every single Myers I verse runs Tombstone. I think players enjoy the mori mechanic but when you are robbed of a match before the first gen even goes off it's not fun. I died that way. Afterwards I watched the Killer's TTV for that match playing Myers. Refusing to hook survivors when they went into lockers simply because he wanted to mori every single survivor. The guys laughing and just overall having a great time, right. The guy wasn't sweating or trying very hard, just laughing and having a good time. Goes to show how easy Killer really can be but is anything done about it, naaaaaah. Survivor loops too hard, not to be tolerated!

    Trapper on swampy grassy maps is just the embodiment of a nightmare. Freddie mains could learn a thing or two here haha.

    Too much of the nerfs revolve around the top 10% of players. GGG did this with PoE by nerfing loot drops by 50-80%. Why? Oh well the top players in groups were farming currency too fast!

    Same thing with DBD but in my opinion they favour Killers ever so slightly. Oh, this top tier survivor or SWF gen rushing is using "meta-perks" and is great at looping/evading the Killer OR gen rushing cause hmm I don't know Killer is bloodthirsty for a single hook! Those perks need to be reworked into oblivion. Oh, this Killer is camping hooks? We'll give a tiny little radius and if the Killer stand in this tiny wittle bubble you can escape for free! Killers, "OKAY! I'm just going to stand a bit over here and watch from outside that radius he-he."

    Survivors, "I've practice for many hours I got good at mind games and hugging loops. I know how to loop these areas. Alright my hard work and game knowledge is paying off!"

    Killers, "Anti-loop mother-supper!"

    Overall I think the game has it's fun moments but it's hard to balance games like these. My opinion, it takes skill to loop and game knowledge to counter Killers. A killer will generally always get the hit, it's just a matter of time. I think too much focus has been put on catering to Killers… As a consequence many survivors are finding the game increasingly less fun. I read the average success rate of a survivor escaping is 40% give or take; Being 4 out of 10 games they escape.

    Plague, no resets… defeats the purpose of healing in the game. Legion same thing. Anti-loop Killers defeat the who point of survivors having something to fight back with. Literally the only thing a survivor has to fundamentally counter survivors across the board is windows and pallets. When you remove one or more of the basic aspects of this game. It's no longer DBD it's just who can hook or do gens faster. Removing the chase or resetting factor is simply not fun. You think people are scared of Plague or Legion. Half the people just continue to work on gens after being frenzied by Legion. It's just these long boring matches that have little interaction with the core fun of the game. So I think people just DC more nowadays cause certain matches are simply not worth it and they probably should take a break from the game to cool off.

    You're essentially complaining about nearly every killer on the roster lmao. Including Trapper for some reason? I don't think you actually enjoy playing Survivor.

    I'm doing just fine running killers with anti-loop abilities. Do you want every killer to be pure M1 and nothing else? I don't get it.

  • @Doxie said:

    I love how killers always go to "punish survivors for DC or Suicide out" rather than fix the survivors issues. People don't do that for no reason…it's frustration over an unplayable, boring player mode. As a killer I get to switch my game play, as survivor I get to do gens, unhook and repeat... except that killers tunnel, camp hooks etc preventing a lot of game play. They respawn hooks, make gens longer etc etc. What have they done to nerf tunneling And camping?....nothing. FYI, for the kids that like to twist my words....I neither condone suiciding out nor DC. I've screen shot this for the record... I just don't want another ban.

    they've done quite a bit about tunneling and camping. Basekit BT+haste, anti camp meter, numerous powerful anti tunnel perks. And if you so choose you can change your survivor gameplay with different builds.

  • Just so we’re all on the same page, I’m not saying the DC penalties should be raised. I’m literally just saying that BHVR should remove the quick and easy loophole that allows ragequitting survivors to bypass DC penalties.

    Removing self unhooks (unless 100% chance to succeed), and removing hook struggle skill checks, is literally just removing mechanics that survivors are using as exploits to bypass DC penalties. People are even admitting they are exploiting hooks to bypass DC penalties. Why is that acceptable? How is that within the game rules?

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    This also massively affects kill rate statistics as while DCs aren’t counted towards them, there isn’t really a way to tell these early leavers so it will show as a kill in the statistics as well as making the game pretty much unwinnable for the remaining survivors leading to another 2 or 3 kills.

    It’s why balancing around kill rate doesn’t work, as the statistics are too easily manipulated.

    Yeah that's a really weird decision imo. They pretend the escape rate is almost the same for swf and solo queue, but I think there's far less dcs with swf so the gap is wider.

    With the bots, they should include that kind of match in the statistics to be more accurate balance wise and give true numbers.

  • @NightWolfsFury said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3786478#Comment_3786478

    if I’m going against a 4 gen slow, 3 gen patrolling Skull Merchant, NOTHING is keeping me in that match. I WILL just boot up another game and alternate between looking to see if I was hooked and killed and go back to my other game if I don’t.

    The miserable matches aren’t worth playing, and I also refuse to give the killer player with that nasty build, awful to play against killer AND playstyle any form of fun for themselves either. I’m good.

    Nothing about removing ways to get out of miserable matches faster will stop anybody from not participating. It just makes it worse for everybody involved, including the killer who will receive nonstop bird notifications until they hook me.

    The actual fix is make matches not so miserable to play, especially for survivors, since there’s 4 people to consider over 1. “Greater good” quote and all that to support that comment. Do what helps the many, and if you can, THEN help the few. Killers control their play style and whether they want to be a tunnel sweat or try to play more fairly.

    "I don't like these perks and this killer" isnt a game problem, its a player mentality problem as you are demonstrating here. You think killers like going up against all the abusive things survivors can do? They dont get an easy way out. You can't fix personal problems by trying to force changing the game. There always be something people will moan about and quit over.

  • @caipt said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3786378#Comment_3786378

    they've done quite a bit about tunneling and camping. Basekit BT+haste, anti camp meter, numerous powerful anti tunnel perks. And if you so choose you can change your survivor gameplay with different builds.

    The problem is all but one of those anti-tunneling ‘fixes’ are cancelled with a single hit. The one that isn’t (DS) doesn’t net enough distance to help as it was nerfed. Again. I agree with survivors changing their playstyle to help but the only other option is stealth and killers complain about that too.

  • @Ayodam said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3787117#Comment_3787117

    The problem is all but one of those anti-tunneling ‘fixes’ are cancelled with a single hit. The one that isn’t (DS) doesn’t net enough distance to help as it was nerfed. Again. I agree with survivors changing their playstyle to help but the only other option is stealth and killers complain about that too.

    Hitting a survivors basekit BT is mathematically less efficient than waiting it out, unless your objective is slowdown from deep wound and not to tunnel. OTR is good because it forces the killer into a worse situation while making it harder to relocate them later, the killer hitting you right off hook might not be optimal OTR value but its better than if they waited out BT. Plus the iron will buff is an indirect buff to OTR, you can no longer tell if the survivor has it effectively in most situations. As for DS I think 4s is plenty.

    as for the playstyles theres more than stealth, you can play altruism, chase, gen jockey (but who wants to that+killers complain), and any of the numerous meme builds out there.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3786615#Comment_3786615

    All of this makes 0 sense with regards to what OP was talking about though. People are quitting the moment they load in. You can't blame the killer playstyle for this. This is basically just ppl trying to pick which killer/map they get. This is happening for EVERY Killer character, although some more than others.

    … this was in response to a reply in this thread, though?

    I suppose you didn't read a different reply where I addressed the "quit the second the match starts" … which isn't at all an "epidemic" I observe. I do observe early quits, rage quitting etc. pp. but rarely do I see someone quitting earlier than an minute into a match. - If that is something they observe I asked they provide more information on the situations where this happens within a few seconds of the match starting to help me understand a situation I don't encounter myself.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3787003#Comment_3787003

    You're essentially complaining about nearly every killer on the roster lmao. Including Trapper for some reason? I don't think you actually enjoy playing Survivor.

    I'm doing just fine running killers with anti-loop abilities. Do you want every killer to be pure M1 and nothing else? I don't get it.

    I did say I enjoy playing both Killer and Survivor. I'm not a "survivor-main" I see the problem from both sides. I'm not complaining about every Killer. I'm just stating why survivors are probably disconnecting. That's the literal point of the discussion here. I never said I feel a hatred for anti-loopers. I am having fun and making jokes in my statement lighten up. Although I can see the frustration when people DC against a good nurse. When a Huntress with great aim, hits every hatchet I can understand why players may grow frustrated.

    Essentially when solo queuing the core gameplay mechanic that survivors have to buy time or counter Killers is looping. It's a bit of RNG with teammates so not every pick up has a flashlight save. So ya, when anti-loop killers are played optimally they can end a chase quickly. I'm not hating on Killers I'm just stating what players do. If you find that "nearly every killer" falls under this genre than you are just admitting I'm right. It's clear that Killers get slightly more love than survivors. That in no way means "I am not having fun" lmao.

    As for your assumptions of me not enjoying survivor… You'd be straight up lying if you told me being Tombestoned out of the game prior to the first gen being completed was "fun". I've only had this happen once to me but I've seen this a few times when versing a Myers and sometimes the players just DC. I get it it's not fun and you feel you've been robbed of a trial. I see survivors just killing themselves on hook even to avoid certain killers which makes it a 3 man team early on.

    I'm glad you do fine against anti-loop Killers; Technically that makes two of us then. Although not everyone does "fine" against these types of Killers.

    For the M1 comment… I don't get how me saying anti-loop equates to M1(*clarifying I mean I don't get how me specifying the issues around good anti-loop players means I want just M1 killers)? I don't get it lol. I love the majority of killers. I love versing nearly every Killer in the game. The literal only Killer I don't have fun against is Legion (boring) and Dredge. Although with Dredge it's not a hatred… I love how terrifying he is but the nightfall just hurts my eyes haha.

    Please don't get offended when I state the facts. In games like these the top 10% tend to dictate how the game gets nerfed/buffed. As a result, from time to time the remaining playerbase is far more impacted than the top 10%.

    *Added this after… I just want to add I don't get the M1 concept. This isn't league of legends with some abilities and an ultimate. Like oh I don't like M1 killers… Soo the alternative is M2!? There are literal Killers that just spam M2. Imagine not versing a Doctor that doesn't spam da shock every time you get near a pallet or window. I think most Pyramid head players forgot they have an M1 lmao! Mate You get M1 only Killers and M2 only Killers. Sometimes a decent balance between both like Wesker in my opinion. Just makes me laugh when people say M1 Killer cause it's like god damn there are pretty much only two buttons on the majority of Killers. I think Trickster has main event which is like an ultimate I guess.

  • @Sow said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3787113#Comment_3787113

    I did say I enjoy playing both Killer and Survivor. I'm not a "survivor-main" I see the problem from both sides. I'm not complaining about every Killer. I'm just stating why survivors are probably disconnecting. That's the literal point of the discussion here. I never said I feel a hatred for anti-loopers. I am having fun and making jokes in my statement lighten up. Although I can see the frustration when people DC against a good nurse. When a Huntress with great aim, hits every hatchet I can understand why players may grow frustrated.

    Essentially when solo queuing the core gameplay mechanic that survivors have to buy time or counter Killers is looping. It's a bit of RNG with teammates so not every pick up has a flashlight save. So ya, when anti-loop killers are played optimally they can end a chase quickly. I'm not hating on Killers I'm just stating what players do. If you find that "nearly every killer" falls under this genre than you are just admitting I'm right. It's clear that Killers get slightly more love than survivors. That in no way means "I am not having fun" lmao.

    As for your assumptions of me not enjoying survivor… You'd be straight up lying if you told me being Tombestoned out of the game prior to the first gen being completed was "fun". I've only had this happen once to me but I've seen this a few times when versing a Myers and sometimes the players just DC. I get it it's not fun and you feel you've been robbed of a trial. I see survivors just killing themselves on hook even to avoid certain killers which makes it a 3 man team early on.

    I'm glad you do fine against anti-loop Killers; Technically that makes two of us then. Although not everyone does "fine" against these types of Killers.

    For the M1 comment… I don't get how me saying anti-loop equates to M1? I don't get it lol. I love the majority of killers. I love versing nearly every Killer in the game. The literal only Killer I don't have fun against is Legion (boring) and Dredge. Although with Dredge it's not a hatred… I love how terrifying he is but the nightfall just hurts my eyes haha.

    Please don't get offended when I state the facts. In games like these the top 10% tend to dictate how the game gets nerfed/buffed. As a result, from time to time the remaining playerbase is far more impacted than the top 10%.

    I don't know why not being able to deal with some killers should give anyone a free pass to quit the game. That just leads to more ruined games and means the player in question will never be able to get to a point where they can in fact deal with those killers.

    Hook suicides shouldn't be a thing. DCs already have a penalty anyway.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3787322#Comment_3787322

    I don't know why not being able to deal with some killers should give anyone a free pass to quit the game. That just leads to more ruined games and means the player in question will never be able to get to a point where they can in fact deal with those killers.

    Hook suicides shouldn't be a thing. DCs already have a penalty anyway.

    I agree with you people shouldn't DC and just do your best. Even when versing Tombestone Myers I just do my best. 9/10 times I still get mori'd XD. Although it's fun to see how long I live for.

    I do agree they don't deserve that free pass. Although, It doesn't change the fact that there are certain Killers or playstyles that just make the game less fun in general. We all know what it's like to play competitive games and the frustrations that come with it. There is a reason why Legion is universally hated. Sad cause I love Legions Frenzy animation and the zoom zoom lol.

    I hated Chucky at first cause he is so small and it's hard to read but after several matches he is hands down one of my favourite killers to verse of all time. I absolutely love versing a chucky!

1 2 3 ›