Slugging isnt a problem and doesnt need a "fix"

Why do people complain about this so much? What does it matter if the killer is slugging for the 4k, you practically already lost so just tab out and do something else. Thats what I do when it happens to me or when survivors wait at gates. I dont slug for the 4k unless I'm trying to adept, but I swear some people act like slugging for the 4k is the most horrible thing in a survivor can experience. like they cant just… do something else. Nobody is forcing you to sit and stare in boredom at your screen, not like a comeback was on the way anyway.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • One of the best pieces of advice I got when I started playing DbD, and one of the meanest things I can say about the game, is that its more fun if you have a backup form of entertainment.

    I'm not BHVR, but it would annoy me greatly that people were like 'hey, you want to enjoy the gripping horror thriller? be prepared for the boredom with a backup youtube video!' It's just the antithesis of what they seem to be shooting for.

    Both sides have instances of this, but 4k slugging is the worst offender both on the time it takes and that it seems like such a simple fix.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    What does it matter if the killer is slugging for the 4k, you practically already lost so just tab out and do something else.

    And the Killer already won. The Killer is basically just slugging for a 4K while already winning the game, just for the Ego, wasting the time of others.

    with this logic, three remaining survivors trying to save that one hooked survivor during endgame are also egoing

  • @NarkoTri1er said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3784379#Comment_3784379

    with this logic, three remaining survivors trying to save that one hooked survivor during endgame are also egoing

    And that is actually punishable and can result in more kills. Slugging for the 4K is never going to cost the killer a kill.

  • @Toystory3Monkey said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3784857#Comment_3784857

    again, if you dont like it - go push them out.

    if you get bled to death there's nothing you can do except waiting 4 minutes till killer is done feeding their ego.

    idk why is that so hard to understand. that's the core issue and that's why bleeding people to death is problematic.

    Yeah, I don't understand this argument about survivors teabagging at the exit gate.

    When I play killer, typically I just either go mess around on the map to break pallets or force them out or chill around as the endgame collapse timer ends the game.

    It's not about the control a survivor feels when they're at the exit gates and the endgame collapse timer isn't the same as being bled out for four minutes as the other survivor waits for the other to die to get a chance at surviving through hatch.

    People typically wait at the exit gates to make sure that each survivor makes it to the gate accordingly. Yeah, some survivors will wait at the gate to deliberately teabag at the exit gate but I never understood getting upset at it and from my experience from seeing the teabags at the gate, it's usually a tunneled survivor teabagging in jest as a "you couldn't catch me" type of jab if anything.

  • Nothing needs a "fix" in DBD, but they get changed anyway because they promote unfun gameplay. Why implement anticamp, it doesn't trigger every game and you can just rush gens against it. Why extend hook timers, most of the time people get unhooked before they go stage 2 anyway. Why remove hook grabs, you could just fake it over and over for 30 seconds and maybe get grabbed, maybe not. Why nerf anything powerful, ever, just bring stronger options yourself. Get the point?

    The answer is that these things are unfun. I think the game as a whole could be a lot more fun if BHVR thought long and hard about how to handle the match after 2 survivors are dead. How do we make it still fun to play, even if 2 players are dead at 3 gens? How do we make it satisfying for the killer to just get a 3k? How do we make it feel "worth it" for the killer to accept a 3k, or for one of the two remaining survivors to do gens while the other hides for hatch?

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3784876#Comment_3784876

    Yeah, I don't understand this argument about survivors teabagging at the exit gate.

    When I play killer, typically I just either go mess around on the map to break pallets or force them out or chill around as the endgame collapse timer ends the game.

    It's not about the control a survivor feels when they're at the exit gates and the endgame collapse timer isn't the same as being bled out for four minutes as the other survivor waits for the other to die to get a chance at surviving through hatch.

    People typically wait at the exit gates to make sure that each survivor makes it to the gate accordingly. Yeah, some survivors will wait at the gate to deliberately teabag at the exit gate but I never understood getting upset at it and from my experience from seeing the teabags at the gate, it's usually a tunneled survivor teabagging in jest as a "you couldn't catch me" type of jab if anything.

    I guess, you don't get offended if the person who beats you in a game of cards or chess flips you off and calls you a slur (after all, they won, so they get to behave how they want). Good for you.

  • @SpitefulHateful said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3785103#Comment_3785103

    I guess, you don't get offended if the person who beats you in a game of cards or chess flips you off and calls you a slur (after all, they won, so they get to behave how they want). Good for you.

    Comparing teabagging in a video game (since the early days of Halo) to slurs is quite a leap in rationale that I didn't think I'd see on the forums. πŸ’€

    I don't understand why people get offended at teabagging and I say that as someone who doesn't even teabag unless I'm actively bm'd to in the first place.

    Even as killer, when I see a survivor teabag me... Guess what? They're losing distance to teabag me. If they're at the exit gates teabagging, I go around and kick pallets or just go stand around to be on my phone - it's literally 2 minutes of my time out of the entire duration the match was.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3785182#Comment_3785182

    Comparing teabagging in a video game (since the early days of Halo) to slurs is quite a leap in rationale that I didn't think I'd see on the forums. πŸ’€

    I don't understand why people get offended at teabagging and I say that as someone who doesn't even teabag unless I'm actively bm'd to in the first place.

    Even as killer, when I see a survivor teabag me... Guess what? They're losing distance to teabag me. If they're at the exit gates teabagging, I go around and kick pallets or just go stand around to be on my phone - it's literally 2 minutes of my time out of the entire duration the match was.

    Put down the Necronomicon

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3784384#Comment_3784384

    A 3K is a win, confirmed by the Devs. And while I would agree that Challenges and Adepts are a thing, I highly doubt that every Killer who slugs for the 4K is on some Challenge or wants an Adept.

    I dont really see BP as a valid reason, since the time wasted by slugging for the 4K will probably earn less BP than just going into the next game.

    And its is not like not slugging for the 4K means that the last Survivor will escape. The last Survivor will only be able to find Hatch when they are lucky (assuming no Hatch Offering is in play), because Killers have all the advantages to find Hatch first (moving faster and no need to hide).

    Curious, do you have a source for the devs stating 3K is a win? Historically, they have avoided answering that question. We know that MMR positive adjustments require a 3K+, but MMR adjustments don't go hand in hand with MMR adjustments in rating systems. MMR only cares about trying to make future games more fair regardless of match outcomes. For example, in chess, a Grandmaster wouldn't gain rating vs a brand new player, and a brand new player wouldn't lose rating against the grandmaster. MMR systems (ie rating systems) don't define a win or loss.

  • It's not something I personally do often unless it's been a hard fought match and I want that 4k, but I can see why other people do it. The amount of times I've seen salty SWF give tons of abuse in end game chat because that last person happened to get the hatch, even though they lost badly on a 3k. Slugging for the 4k removes any comeback about being outplayed on the final chase from toxic teams that like to throw out abuse afterwards.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3785182#Comment_3785182

    Comparing teabagging in a video game (since the early days of Halo) to slurs is quite a leap in rationale that I didn't think I'd see on the forums. πŸ’€

    I don't understand why people get offended at teabagging and I say that as someone who doesn't even teabag unless I'm actively bm'd to in the first place.

    Even as killer, when I see a survivor teabag me... Guess what? They're losing distance to teabag me. If they're at the exit gates teabagging, I go around and kick pallets or just go stand around to be on my phone - it's literally 2 minutes of my time out of the entire duration the match was.

    Because it's the sign of disrespect and mockery β€” players going out of their way to express that they see you as lesser. The fact that people would often say slurs and insults when they t-bag (many streamers have willingly documented themselves doing that) shows that is pretty much the same. And unless you play your most intense, you end up either wasting your time waiting until they're done mocking you and rubbing their victory in β€” it's really like you have to wait until a guy who beat you at your tabletop game finally gets tired of flipping you off because you don't really have an option to leave the room and everybody else is telling you "relax, it's just a game, take an L, will you?"

  • You do realize how self defeating your Killer Already Won argument is, right? "The killer already won so you should be fine spending 4 on the floor so the killer can get a 4k" reads like "Bezos already has more than enough money, so you should be OK with your taxes increasing so he can have a tax break and have even more too-much-money." The game being in a decisive state is a reason to end it, not a reason to prolong it further.

    Also any game where "alt tab out and do something else" is at all a part of the gameplay loop has a serious problem. The game should not be encouraging you to do something else. "We love the idea that people who play our game send a significant amount of in game time not playing our game", said no developer ever.

  • @SpitefulHateful said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3793495#Comment_3793495

    Because it's the sign of disrespect and mockery β€” players going out of their way to express that they see you as lesser. The fact that people would often say slurs and insults when they t-bag (many streamers have willingly documented themselves doing that) shows that is pretty much the same. And unless you play your most intense, you end up either wasting your time waiting until they're done mocking you and rubbing their victory in β€” it's really like you have to wait until a guy who beat you at your tabletop game finally gets tired of flipping you off because you don't really have an option to leave the room and everybody else is telling you "relax, it's just a game, take an L, will you?"

    I suppose you can say it's a sign of disrespect and mockery, but I would not place it on the same level as using a slur against another person.

    Suuuure, there are some people who use teabags along with slurs but let's not group ALL people who teabag into people who actively use slurs to belittle people. You are putting things together that shouldn't really be put together and that depends almost exclusively on the person doing the action and they will get banned accordingly, as that's against the rules in the first place!

    I play on console, so I don't see the endgame chat that PC people get - but if someone is teabagging you at the exit gates, screaming profanity in the endgame chat or even in direct messages, promptly report them, and move along to the next game. I haven't personally experienced teabagging and having slurs said to me - the only slurs I have gotten was from a fellow survivor in a match, which I reported.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    What does it matter if the killer is slugging for the 4k, you practically already lost so just tab out and do something else.

    And the Killer already won. The Killer is basically just slugging for a 4K while already winning the game, just for the Ego, wasting the time of others.

    That's just… securing the 4k.

  • @CautionaryMary said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3793717#Comment_3793717

    I suppose you can say it's a sign of disrespect and mockery, but I would not place it on the same level as using a slur against another person.

    Suuuure, there are some people who use teabags along with slurs but let's not group ALL people who teabag into people who actively use slurs to belittle people. You are putting things together that shouldn't really be put together and that depends almost exclusively on the person doing the action and they will get banned accordingly, as that's against the rules in the first place!

    I play on console, so I don't see the endgame chat that PC people get - but if someone is teabagging you at the exit gates, screaming profanity in the endgame chat or even in direct messages, promptly report them, and move along to the next game. I haven't personally experienced teabagging and having slurs said to me - the only slurs I have gotten was from a fellow survivor in a match, which I reported.

    I would put it on the same level because the only reason tbaggers don't say slurs in the game is because the game doesn't let them. And I believe these things totally should be put together because the goal is the same β€” to humiliate and offend another player, to make sure they will end this match not only as a losing party, but as a miserable party.

    I play on PC, so I see what kind of verbal abuse tbaggers throw in the endgame chat. Reporting doesn't do much β€” Behavior doesn't care.

  • @SpitefulHateful said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3793822#Comment_3793822

    I would put it on the same level because the only reason tbaggers don't say slurs in the game is because the game doesn't let them. And I believe these things totally should be put together because the goal is the same β€” to humiliate and offend another player, to make sure they will end this match not only as a losing party, but as a miserable party.

    I play on PC, so I see what kind of verbal abuse tbaggers throw in the endgame chat. Reporting doesn't do much β€” Behavior doesn't care.

    So, when I teabag at the exit gates β€” it's either because I was focused on via tunneling or because I had the killer dry humping me from giving them a long chase during the match. I do this action in jest back at the killer for them bming me in the first place.

    I have never and will never type or use a slur against another player for how they play. For you to group me into people who teabag at the exit gates because they outmaneuvered a tunnel, a slugging match, or whatever the reason for the teabag and then say slurs in the game isn't an argument.

    I've seen people get banned for these activities, especially when you gather screenshots or video gameplay when reporting them to Behavior, Sony, or Microsoft.

    I don't understand why you're equating two things that have nothing to do with one another when you can report and move onto the next game. You're letting the person who teabagged you have waaaay too much power for what the action actually does.

    I don't get upset when I get dry humped on the ground or being smacked on the hook, I simply chuckle about it and move on with my day β€” same thing when I see teabags as killer.

1 2 β€Ί