Teammates

I know this game for people that main survivor is to team up and make sure everyone makes it out alive or at the least one person makes it out. I’m usually quite happy as long as one person does cause all that hard work didn’t go to waste, but lately I’ve been getting teammates that are more than willing to screw me over and make sure they win or just down right working with the killer, which to be honest is more than irritating. I was just wondering if anyone else was having similar problems with this and if there was any way to combat it?

Comments

  • Working with the killer I believe is grounds for reporting. As for getting generally screwed over, the main suggestion I have is to play selfishly. In what ways are you being screwed over exactly
  • ClogWench said:
    Working with the killer I believe is grounds for reporting. As for getting generally screwed over, the main suggestion I have is to play selfishly. In what ways are you being screwed over exactly
    I’m not fond of reporting people, I have however done so but I’ve still come across the exact same survivors in different matches afterwards. Usually they will purposefully body block me into a corner when the killer is near or they’ll just run around the map not bothering to get gens done, quite honestly it’s infuriating.
  • When I am one of the 2 survivors left and my teammate is injured, I fail the skillcheck on purporse when healing them, so the killer finds us and down them. Then I try to get the hatch. Is that something that bothers you?   ;)
  • @RoKrueger said:
    When I am one of the 2 survivors left and my teammate is injured, I fail the skillcheck on purporse when healing them, so the killer finds us and down them. Then I try to get the hatch. Is that something that bothers you?   ;)

    Hmmmmm......I think it's one of those things where it would bother me if the person who did that to me had not helped with gens and was one of those buttholes crouching and walking around everywhere. Hiding from the killer, not doing crap. But if the person who did it was actually helping to make progress then it's like "Ah, I see you. I see what chu doin" and I'll struggle on the hook to give them time to find the hatch rather than just not struggle if it were a useless teammate. But regardless of what kind of teammate they are, if someone I suspect is a meanie busts a skillcheck on me, I'm following them anywhere they go and doing loud vaults (or palette drops if we are the last 2) anywhere I can till we're found and the killer takes who they take

  • Sandbagging your team to ensure your own survival is not "Working with the killer"

    Working with the killer is where you know the killer and he allows you to farm points or you ghost out your team mates to him which again requires you to know the killer.

  • Survivors don't have to work together, it's not a requirement. Survivors may chose to work together and should most of the time if their goal is to win, but there are also situations where screwing other players up raises your own chances of winning. Apart from that, if you're being screwed by your teammates - play smart. If they bodyblocked you or sandbagged you on purpose - don't save them/farm them. Get gens done while they're being chased. Stay immersed so the killer doesn't see you. DBD isn't a team game. It can be played like one, but it's not one. Figure out yourself what's best for your own survival and act accordingly.

  • RoKrueger said:
    When I am one of the 2 survivors left and my teammate is injured, I fail the skillcheck on purporse when healing them, so the killer finds us and down them. Then I try to get the hatch. Is that something that bothers you?   ;)



    You write that even with an ";)"
    I wonder what U think looking yourself in the face in the mornings o.o
    (Yes I think U are a terrible, egoistic person - in general- and yes I'd ensure to remember your name and make every game for you terrible if you did that to me)
  • I've been in a few games where the survivor is clearly working with the killer, using bond to point out teammates, but I can count those on one hand and it hasn't happened in a long time. I'm an altruistic survivor, not overly so as I don't think its smart to hookrush, but a more common problem for me than sandbagging-hasn't happened yet-- is dying on first hook because a survivor rather camp hatch. I don't care about dying, I mean it's nicer to make it out, but I just can't see how surviving is so important to someone that they would sacrifice everyone else to do it. Sometimes killers think they are being dodged in lobby when actually survivors are dodging other survivors. If you play like a scumbag just be sure to keep changing you gamertag. Scumbags forget, but the one wronged never does.

  • Ya i wish on console u could change gamertag but you cant which does help avoid obnoxious survivors...best thing ive found just perk up with selfish perks that benefit you only...do dif if ur swf but if ur playing with randoms...just run selfish builds that better ur chances with 0 help from anyone