Wraith

Am I the only one who thinks that he is extremely underrated? I mean the guy gets put in bottom tier when he's so reliable to win. If you master his bell you can shut down every loop easily, keep some consistent chases (mine are always 15-20 seconds long against good survivors), have decent map pressure with his base invis speed of 126% and extreme pressure with any of his windstorm addons -even the yellow and brown addon-, be quite unpredictable because of his bell addon where it is mapwide, catch up well to a survivor and he can track very well with his enhanced hearing while cloaked? (It drowns out all the music and irrelevant sounds to help him with tracking)

He's the definition of mid tier. Does anyone else think he's underrated?

Comments

  • He is my bingbong boi. I don't prestige, but I love him so much, I just had to prestige him.
    He is in a good spot imo. 
  • I love wraith, he was my first killer. I do feel like he could use a little buff though

  • I guess some think of his kit as bland, "you turn invisible and thats it, lol", it's not really complicated.
    still think he gets slowed down a bit too much during reappearance, but who am I to balance this game. And now that a similiar Killer has appeared, they need to make sure they still stay different.

    Bingbong my opinion may be wrong, but he's one of those easily acessible killers that can turn dangerous in proper hands.

  • i'm curious as to how his bell stops loops. tbh he's one of the most loopable killers, especially since he can't get bloodlust when cloaked. usually you have to force a bodyblock if you're trying to cloak ahead of the survivor, and if its a T wall they have another window to jump through regardless by the time you uncloak.

    also he can't block pallets while uncloaking unless you've got the survivor absurdly far from it. I usually end up using the faster pallet break addon, slugging one person, and watching them self heal under and waste every pallet in a section of the map :ohnoes:

  • i like him.
    hes much better than he used to be, but id still be for an invisible attack (like an EW 1 attack out of invisibility and he gets visible after a hit)

  • For me, he doesn't have enough in his base kit to be fun and engaging. So I usually don't bother with him.

    He can be pretty powerful, but he is easily loopable, and let's not even mention his flashlight issue. And his daily needs a bit of reworking. It's not Nurse difficulty, but it's one the harder one.

    I feel he relies to much on his add-ons in order to do anything. But that's just me, I could say the same about Doctor and I play him pretty often because he's fun.

    Wraith is lower-mid teir, IMO. He can be effective, but he's more annoying to fight than anything else.

    Now... show me SILENT Wraith... Now we can have some fun.

  • I can see him being underrated. Guy has solid addons, and his base kit is good, too.
    His perks are decent. 

    I just don't like playing as the guy. I doof up a bit too much cloaking, and uncloaking thanks to the bar.

    ... and his legs are weird.
  • Poweas said:

    Am I the only one who thinks that he is extremely underrated? I mean the guy gets put in bottom tier when he's so reliable to win. If you master his bell you can shut down every loop easily, keep some consistent chases (mine are always 15-20 seconds long against good survivors), have decent map pressure with his base invis speed of 126% and extreme pressure with any of his windstorm addons -even the yellow and brown addon-, be quite unpredictable because of his bell addon where it is mapwide, catch up well to a survivor and he can track very well with his enhanced hearing while cloaked? (It drowns out all the music and irrelevant sounds to help him with tracking)

    He's the definition of mid tier. Does anyone else think he's underrated?

    He’s my main and he’s wicked
  • Poweas said:

    Am I the only one who thinks that he is extremely underrated? I mean the guy gets put in bottom tier when he's so reliable to win. If you master his bell you can shut down every loop easily, keep some consistent chases (mine are always 15-20 seconds long against good survivors), have decent map pressure with his base invis speed of 126% and extreme pressure with any of his windstorm addons -even the yellow and brown addon-, be quite unpredictable because of his bell addon where it is mapwide, catch up well to a survivor and he can track very well with his enhanced hearing while cloaked? (It drowns out all the music and irrelevant sounds to help him with tracking)

    He's the definition of mid tier. Does anyone else think he's underrated?

    He’s my main and he’s wicked
  • @Ryuhi said:
    i'm curious as to how his bell stops loops. tbh he's one of the most loopable killers, especially since he can't get bloodlust when cloaked. usually you have to force a bodyblock if you're trying to cloak ahead of the survivor, and if its a T wall they have another window to jump through regardless by the time you uncloak.

    also he can't block pallets while uncloaking unless you've got the survivor absurdly far from it. I usually end up using the faster pallet break addon, slugging one person, and watching them self heal under and waste every pallet in a section of the map :ohnoes:

    Quite easily, he can mindgame it in a similar way to the Pig, bait one way, go the other. Windows he can also mindgame like Pig but way more effectively and he can bait uncloak for survivors who camp pallets.

    He's better at shutting down loops then most killers.

  • @VolantConch1719 said:
    For me, he doesn't have enough in his base kit to be fun and engaging. So I usually don't bother with him.

    He can be pretty powerful, but he is easily loopable, and let's not even mention his flashlight issue. And his daily needs a bit of reworking. It's not Nurse difficulty, but it's one the harder one.

    I feel he relies to much on his add-ons in order to do anything. But that's just me, I could say the same about Doctor and I play him pretty often because he's fun.

    Wraith is lower-mid teir, IMO. He can be effective, but he's more annoying to fight than anything else.

    Now... show me SILENT Wraith... Now we can have some fun.

    Looping as I said above to @Ryuhi he can shut it like the Pig. I don't think flashlights actually hurt him since it takes soooooo long to burn him nowadays. Also he's definitely got a good base imo. 100% stronger base then Spirit. And that's saying something. For my base tierlist for killers it's like this:

    Top tier:
    1. Nurse
    2. Billy
    3. Hag
    4. Huntress

    Mid tier:
    1. Wraith
    2. Spirit.
    3. Pig
    4. And so on.

  • My problem with him is he has little to no map pressure. His power is better than it once was but he has no tools for putting pressure on the map, limited tools for travelling the map quickly, as well as a pretty major weakness to flashlights. He's not the worst killer but he's one of the easiest to gen rush and has so little he can do against competent survivors.
  • @ClogWench said:
    My problem with him is he has little to no map pressure. His power is better than it once was but he has no tools for putting pressure on the map, limited tools for travelling the map quickly, as well as a pretty major weakness to flashlights. He's not the worst killer but he's one of the easiest to gen rush and has so little he can do against competent survivors.

    He's kind of fast while invisible which sorts out map pressure. Then with Windstorm addons he's fast as f0ck. But that's your opinion I guess. I personally think he does well.

  • Poweas said:

    @ClogWench said:
    My problem with him is he has little to no map pressure. His power is better than it once was but he has no tools for putting pressure on the map, limited tools for travelling the map quickly, as well as a pretty major weakness to flashlights. He's not the worst killer but he's one of the easiest to gen rush and has so little he can do against competent survivors.

    He's kind of fast while invisible which sorts out map pressure. Then with Windstorm addons he's fast as f0ck. But that's your opinion I guess. I personally think he does well.

    He's slightly faster. But I dont consider addons when determining a killers abilities because you won't always have them .The speed he has isn't enough to combat effective genrush. It's good for approaching unnoticed and has varying value in a chase, but in contrast to killers like Pig who can slow survivors down who aren't being chased, or Meyers who has, in my opinion, a much more rewarding stealth ability, the Wraith just can't reliably put on that kind of pressure
  • @ClogWench said:
    Poweas said:

    @ClogWench said:

    My problem with him is he has little to no map pressure. His power is better than it once was but he has no tools for putting pressure on the map, limited tools for travelling the map quickly, as well as a pretty major weakness to flashlights. He's not the worst killer but he's one of the easiest to gen rush and has so little he can do against competent survivors.

    He's kind of fast while invisible which sorts out map pressure. Then with Windstorm addons he's fast as f0ck. But that's your opinion I guess. I personally think he does well.

    He's slightly faster. But I dont consider addons when determining a killers abilities because you won't always have them .The speed he has isn't enough to combat effective genrush. It's good for approaching unnoticed and has varying value in a chase, but in contrast to killers like Pig who can slow survivors down who aren't being chased, or Meyers who has, in my opinion, a much more rewarding stealth ability, the Wraith just can't reliably put on that kind of pressure

    True fair enough.

  • Wraith isn’t underrated. I go against him quite a lot on PS4 and I dislike going against Wraith. ESPECIALLY if they have Sloppy Butcher, your frames drop like crazy. Don’t know why but I tend to die a lot against Wraith.

    He is the one of the fastest killers in the game alongside a chainsawing Billy, a blinking Nurse, and a phase walking Spirit...so he can easily traverse the map. It’s just that the only thing he can do is go invisible. Shine a flashlight on him while he is cloaked and he is burned. He is the definition of mid-tier, nothing more and bothing less. Just not my cup of tea to play as.

  • Been playing exclusively him for months now.
    While going around at higher movement speed is nice and all, it'll only save about 5 seconds if you go from one side to the other on a medium-sized map.

    That said, i have found new love for this guy with his "Windstorm" Add-on series.
    It makes him a beast at making his presence and Hex Totems are in way less danger.
    You can, if map RNG is with you, even apply pressure on Survivors.
    Yes, pressure. Something this guy never could.
    Hook 'em, go invis, and pop up at that faraway Generator only like 7 seconds later.
    It's fantastic!

    Flashlights are never a problem to me btw.
    The uncloak is fast enough and the burn is too slow.
    As long as you start uncloaking before they use their Flashlight, high chances you'll uncloak successfully.

    Right now, i'd put him on C+ tier, SOLID!

  • I like bing bong boi, but his power is not that strong. He's not as weak as some people say he is, but he isn't that strong either. I love playing as Wraith and I think I'm quite decent at it but I would love it if they made him a little harder to see or completely invisible when far away from survivors to make his stealth a bit better

  • @LCGaster said:
    I like bing bong boi, but his power is not that strong. He's not as weak as some people say he is, but he isn't that strong either. I love playing as Wraith and I think I'm quite decent at it but I would love it if they made him a little harder to see or completely invisible when far away from survivors to make his stealth a bit better

    I wish you could swing your main weapon while invisible, at the cost of getting lightburned, whether you hit or miss.
    And it wouldn't be affected by Unrelenting, Save The Best For Last etc.

  • @MegMain98 said:
    Wraith isn’t underrated. I go against him quite a lot on PS4 and I dislike going against Wraith. ESPECIALLY if they have Sloppy Butcher, your frames drop like crazy. Don’t know why but I tend to die a lot against Wraith.

    He is the one of the fastest killers in the game alongside a chainsawing Billy, a blinking Nurse, and a phase walking Spirit...so he can easily traverse the map. It’s just that the only thing he can do is go invisible. Shine a flashlight on him while he is cloaked and he is burned. He is the definition of mid-tier, nothing more and bothing less. Just not my cup of tea to play as.

    yea he nuts on ps4 and the blood thing with Sloppy Butcher I like fixed with blood going everywhere geeze. :p

  • @Boss said:
    I wish you could swing your main weapon while invisible, at the cost of getting lightburned, whether you hit or miss.
    And it wouldn't be affected by Unrelenting, Save The Best For Last etc.

    I'm not sure if this would be a good idea or not. Maybe make his base reappearance time a bit faster? Sometimes it feels too slow

  • @LCGaster said:

    @Boss said:
    I wish you could swing your main weapon while invisible, at the cost of getting lightburned, whether you hit or miss.
    And it wouldn't be affected by Unrelenting, Save The Best For Last etc.

    I'm not sure if this would be a good idea or not. Maybe make his base reappearance time a bit faster? Sometimes it feels too slow

    Idk, i can actually catch up to most Survivors Sprint Bursting away from my uncloak nowadays, that new lunge distance is INSANE.
    So anyone without Sprint Burst is kinda screwed on the first hit anyway.

    I don't think he needs to uncloak faster.
    What he needs is more power.