How the MMR is supposed to work?

Each times, I want to play killer, IF I take a killer with I'm good at , I got some good game, some difficult game, but it's… Always on the middle ground

BUT

IF EVER I DARE to take a Killer that i never play with, like (for myself) Pyramid head, Ghost Face, Nurse
I'm always against a very strong opponent, in majhority of case, a very good coordinate SWF

I want to understand, why I never have or pretty rarely these kind of team when I play a killer with I'm good at, but each time I want to try someone else, I got this scenario? Just pure bad luck?

Comments

  • MMR doesn't exist, Treat it like this and don't sweat for wins and you will be far, far happier

  • This happens for me too. Very frustrating when you try a new killer.

  • Apparently any new killers being played will be measured after a couple of days. It goes off your main MMR then drop after awhile. I'm mainly playing doctor but when I play nurse I get easier survivors.

  • https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Skill-Based_Matchmaking_Rating

  • @TerraEsram said:

    Each times, I want to play killer, IF I take a killer with I'm good at , I got some good game, some difficult game, but it's… Always on the middle ground

    BUT

    IF EVER I DARE to take a Killer that i never play with, like (for myself) Pyramid head, Ghost Face, Nurse
    I'm always against a very strong opponent, in majhority of case, a very good coordinate SWF

    I want to understand, why I never have or pretty rarely these kind of team when I play a killer with I'm good at, but each time I want to try someone else, I got this scenario? Just pure bad luck?

    I think that MMR is like a ladder where all Survivors and Killer fall along it. I think Trapper and Freddy probably exist in a lower mmr bracket, so the best Trappers probably face the average players of a Nurse player.

    Also, each Survivor may have their own Mmr for each Killer. So two survivors may have the same mmr against a hag, but different mmrs against Oni or something.

  • Its supposed to work different than it actual does.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    MMR doesn't exist, Treat it like this and don't sweat for wins and you will be far, far happier

    I don't even play for winning!

    Like there, I was like "I'm gonna try ghosty and if I get one marked down, I'm gonna be happy"

    And I face the most sweaty team possible, I never get the time to mark someone before they get out, it was so.. Quick

  • MMR mostly is specific to the killer but winning with just one killer will raise a baseline for other killers, pretty much meaning if your a one trick with nurse, you can forget about playing a new killer