Why i like new 2vs8 mode

Cause its no altruism mechanic for survivors. Dealing with flashlight/ pallet/ sabo saves and bodyblocking when you carry a survivor already nightmare to deal with on the original game. Dealing with altruists is worst experience on killer side i prefer any day gen rush squad. When i play against them i think "stop being a hero and do your gens, stop waisting my time". Thats a reason why new mode is so fun for me cause i dont need to deal with annoying altruistic survivors.

Comments

  • Personally I love those groups since they provide the most interaction for both sides. Its boring when youre only dealing with 1 survivor at a time, knowing the others are simply cranking out gens.

  • @Shroompy said:

    Personally I love those groups since they provide the most interaction for both sides. Its boring when youre only dealing with 1 survivor at a time, knowing the others are simply cranking out gens.

    But with many altruist its almost impossible to hook. Even when mostly of them out of gen if 2 saves 1 and last on gens its already lose game for killer

  • The mode just less stressful for everyone. The killer can cage/hook survivors with peace of mind and tactics are way harder to utilize against survivors. No camping, no 3 genning, and way harder to tunnel because no noise notification. Just overall more causal vibes for both sides

  • @solarjin1 said:

    The mode just less stressful for everyone. The killer can cage/hook survivors with peace of mind and tactics are way harder to utilize against survivors. No camping, no 3 genning, and way harder to tunnel because no noise notification. Just overall more causal vibes for both sides

    Agree its much more chill and relaxing

  • @Barley said:

    Agreed!

    Playing killer is actually fun now and not tryhard tournament game

  • I’ve said this in other threads, but I’m going to say it as many times as I can so BHVR sees it - the innate changes to the game with this mode have massively improved it’s health:


    hooks becoming cages have all but eradicated camping because they move.

    Killers not needing to carry you and fear toxicity from flash lights means they don’t slug.


    The cage moving if the killer is close to it for too long reduces the ability to camp apart from Billy who can get across the map so quickly.

    Killers generally hook straight away because it’s more beneficial and so this reduces the long winded gameplay of slugging for the 4k has plagued the main game. But also if you’re getting an unfortunate game and getting hooked quickly it tends to be quick in and out which means I don’t mind it as much.

    The cages’ design mean you cannot suicide on the hook anymore which has been a massive improvement - however like I said above the matches go so quickly at times people aren’t feeling the need to DC as much.

    If they can bring these changes into 1v4 I think it will be the breath of fresh air the game needs.

  • This is part of the problem, there isn't a lot in this mode for survivors other than the incentive, as the mode is very killer sided if the killers aren't completely brainless. Being double teamed by killers is not a good feeling and also the MMR clearly being off makes for a frustrating experience for experienced survivors.

    All the fun saving mechanics being removed are another disincentive for survivors and while I do get how many of them are annoying when you play killer, not having them for survivor gives less reason to play this mode after a few hours of novelty wears off

  • @blazeblue said:

    This mode is nice for killers and unfun for survivors. I know how to loop but being pincer attacked is so boring and takes no skill, it really shows how some of these killers who brag how good they is not. I was kiting this nurse so good and ms huntress steps in cause am guessing ms nurse cry help me get this person. The same reason I never liked knight.

    Getting a 8 man swf is not even close to possible compare to me getting a 4 man swf, maybe if I could get 7 friends total that would be different since we all know how to loop. 90% of the teams I get be going down in like 10 seconds before a single gen is done.

    I knew anyway this would be a failure for survivors, Identity V is 2 v 8 is way better and fun because you got things like speed pills for healing/ciper speed/kiting or things like football/flare guns for containing the hunters. T

    he fact you cant even have flashlights to start off with the match is annoying. I do not care much for medkits or tool box as that is fair, but at least let one of the classes have flashlights (good ones) and call that class the Harasser or put it on the escapist class. Just doing my tomes for survivor to get the awards and not touch this mess again.

    I also prefer 2vs8 on Identity V but mostly because there is only 5 killers aviable in Dbd now and survivors have unique ability is also plus point on Identity.

  • @MaTtRoSiTy said:

    This is part of the problem, there isn't a lot in this mode for survivors other than the incentive, as the mode is very killer sided if the killers aren't completely brainless. Being double teamed by killers is not a good feeling and also the MMR clearly being off makes for a frustrating experience for experienced survivors.

    All the fun saving mechanics being removed are another disincentive for survivors and while I do get how many of them are annoying when you play killer, not having them for survivor gives less reason to play this mode after a few hours of novelty wears off

    But isnt class mechanic make survivors gameplay more interesting? The only thing you cant is prevent caging.