Will the price for Auric Cells on PC also go up with Cross Progression?

Prices for Steam went 50% up because of the scumbags using VPN to buy Auric in countries were the local currency is bad.
If I knew this was going to happen I would've bought the biggest Auric pack in advance.

Will the price go up again because of Cross Progression?

NOTE: It's awesome we PC players have to "suffer" on account how greedy console companies are.

Comments

  • Yea I dont understand people who use VPN to bypass location just to buy cheaper games and currency. This is directly againts Steam rules and they risk banning your whole account if they find out. This also hurts the locals because this pushes steam and publishers to increase the regional price to combat this.

  • @ZamasuManzon said:

    Prices for Steam went 50% up because of the scumbags using VPN to buy Auric in countries were the local currency is bad.
    If I knew this was going to happen I would've bought the biggest Auric pack in advance.

    Will the price go up again because of Cross Progression?

    NOTE: It's awesome we PC players have to "suffer" on account how greedy console companies are.

    But we have the Steam sales

  • Does that work for in game currency? Kinda want to know since when cross progression hits I'm going to port over to my steam deck.

  • @jamally093 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762296#Comment_3762296

    Does that work for in game currency? Kinda want to know since when cross progression hits I'm going to port over to my steam deck.

    It does not. The Auric Cell purchases can only be made in-game. You can't buy them outside the game on the Steam store, where sales occur.

  • @jamally093 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762296#Comment_3762296

    Does that work for in game currency? Kinda want to know since when cross progression hits I'm going to port over to my steam deck.

    Sadly not, all in game currency follow some different rule above the game store ..

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762336#Comment_3762336

    Sadly not, all in game currency follow some different rule above the game store ..

    @Superyoshiegg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762336#Comment_3762336

    It does not. The Auric Cell purchases can only be made in-game. You can't buy them outside the game on the Steam store, where sales occur.

    @jamally093 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762296#Comment_3762296

    Does that work for in game currency? Kinda want to know since when cross progression hits I'm going to port over to my steam deck.

    Honestly I don't know how this is going to work.
    The only thing I can do is give a pratical example.

    I share a PSN account with my brother. Account is primary in my PS5 and as secondary in his.
    I play using my account and he play in this account. This way we can buy games and DLC in this account and we can both use the content at the same time and play together.
    This is not for DbD, but to ANY game or DLC.

    BUT this do not apply to microtransactions.
    Microtransactions are both the in game currency and the content that is bought with it.
    We recently bought Street Fighter 6 in this account and, of course, we can play together, but in this game specifically Capcom made ALL DLC (characters, stages, music, etc) only available through microtransactions (in game purchases).
    If you open the DLC content for Street Fighter 6 in ANY platform you'll se that there's only packs for the paid in game currency. No characters or anything are there.
    So he bought Akuma in this account and I don't have access to him and I bought Bison on mine and he also can't play as him unless he also buy him.

    So my guess is that since Auric Cells is a in game currency of YOUR DbD account you should be able to, for example, buy them and the content that you want on Steam and play with this new bought content in another platform.

  • @ZamasuManzon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762609#Comment_3762609

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762360#Comment_3762360

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762336#Comment_3762336

    Honestly I don't know how this is going to work.
    The only thing I can do is give a pratical example.

    I share a PSN account with my brother. Account is primary in my PS5 and as secondary in his.
    I play using my account and he play in this account. This way we can buy games and DLC in this account and we can both use the content at the same time and play together.
    This is not for DbD, but to ANY game or DLC.

    BUT this do not apply to microtransactions.
    Microtransactions are both the in game currency and the content that is bought with it.
    We recently bought Street Fighter 6 in this account and, of course, we can play together, but in this game specifically Capcom made ALL DLC (characters, stages, music, etc) only available through microtransactions (in game purchases).
    If you open the DLC content for Street Fighter 6 in ANY platform you'll se that there's only packs for the paid in game currency. No characters or anything are there.
    So he bought Akuma in this account and I don't have access to him and I bought Bison on mine and he also can't play as him unless he also buy him.

    So my guess is that since Auric Cells is a in game currency of YOUR DbD account you should be able to, for example, buy them and the content that you want on Steam and play with this new bought content in another platform.

    Capcom fall off far far way to bellow the ground… avoiding people from buying a caracter for shared account like yours…

    But yeah, it's pretty similar, and now you mention it, when BHv talk about increasing the price, it's only on the plateform, in game, all character gonna remain to 500 auric cells … Technically

  • @TerraEsram said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762667#Comment_3762667

    Capcom fall off far far way to bellow the ground… avoiding people from buying a caracter for shared account like yours…

    But yeah, it's pretty similar, and now you mention it, when BHv talk about increasing the price, it's only on the plateform, in game, all character gonna remain to 500 auric cells … Technically

    Yeah, but if the price for Auric goes up it would feel like the characters cost more than 500.

  • @ZamasuManzon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762715#Comment_3762715

    Yeah, but if the price for Auric goes up it would feel like the characters cost more than 500.

    Nah, it's gonna be the same (technically) since it's not linked to the plateform market