How do you feel about the new UI changes?

Personally I… really don't like them. I know some of the dislike is simply having to get used to the changes but I really don't see why they needed to move the customization tab INSIDE another tab, it just boggles my mind.

Comments

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762595#Comment_3762595

    They put the new characters on top so that you see that you down own them and are more inclined to buy them. In general, the new UI is fully designed to make you spend more money on the game. The goal was not to give improvements to the player, the goal is to trick the player into buying stuff.

    @Topic:

    As basically everyone has said - it is awful. And it is the same as changing the UI in Trials - someone with years of experience thought it looks good. But here it is also sinister, because it is designed to go directly to the wallets of the players.

    And the worst thing for me - 0 communication at all from the Devs. They dont seem to be open to feedback when it comes to money.

    Regarding being open to feedback: they definitely read it. "The players don't like the new UI." And then they celebrate and pop champagne because it's working as intended.

    Annoyed by the exclamation marks that show you there's new stuff in the store? Working as intended. Edit: This is being removed! https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3762764/#Comment_3762764

    Annoyed by seeing new characters you don't own yet on top? Working as intended.

    It's supposed to be in your face and you are supposed to hate it because a lot of the annoyances can be fixed or mitigated by spending money or opening the store which encourages you to spend money.

    Hostile UI isn't new either: redeem code button in the store, battlepass popup on the side, battlepass forcing you to open it to get the items instead of just giving them automatically, thus forcing you to look at the paid tier, news popup for store updates. All of these could work differently or be placed somewhere else without any negative effect on the players.

    This isn't an unintentional misstep, it's deliberate and not new.

  • Can't get use to it. Feels so weird

  • Thank you for all the feedback! We have been going through everything as a team and coming up with a plan to address some of these concerns in upcoming patches.

  • @Peanits said:

    Thank you for all the feedback! We have been going through everything as a team and coming up with a plan to address some of these concerns in upcoming patches.

    Thank you for keeping us posted! That's really heartening to hear.

  • I like some of the improvements but it feels like I'm controlling a mobile game with a stick. Since it was confirmed checks notes six minutes ago that there'll be more updates in upcoming patches, I hope that they improve the looks department and remove some of the more cluttered aspects of the UI.

  • @ArkInk said:

    I like some of the improvements but it feels like I'm controlling a mobile game with a stick. Since it was confirmed checks notes six minutes ago that there'll be more updates in upcoming patches, I hope that they improve the looks department and remove some of the more cluttered aspects of the UI.

    So far, I can confirm that the notifications for new outfits is being removed in the next patch, so that should help a little with the clutter. These are not meant to appear outside the store.

  • The charm selection panel looks like it was added last minute lol. I liked having larger portraits. If you're gonna make it 4 per row, make your character smaller on the right?

  • I don't like the changes.

  • @Peanits said:

    Thank you for all the feedback! We have been going through everything as a team and coming up with a plan to address some of these concerns in upcoming patches.

    And what about menu feedback that you passed to the team? Half of the year passed and nothing changed.

    @Peanits said:

    Hey folks. To shed some light on this (no pun intended), we needed to make this change to support the new modifiers feature and the first modifier, Lights Out. Modifiers are optional and run in addition to the regular mode rather than changing normal matches, so they need their own buttons to queue up as a Killer or Survivor. There sadly would not have been enough room on the main menu to squeeze two more buttons in, so this was a necessary change to support the feature.

    That said, we have noted the feedback about requiring additional steps before you can play and will pass it on to the team.

  • Im not fan of them so I hope they bring the old system back.

  • The first step would have been to not make obviously bad changes.

    Rolling back bad changes is a great second step. If the positive changes outweigh the remaining bad ones then at least it can be a net neutral.

    Rolling back all bad changes would be an even better step.

    Arguably the most important step is to then learn from the mistakes and to not repeat them.

  • Very unnecessary change - I hate everything being under a submenu - Especially when it's a tiny button that looks like it belongs in a mobile app.

    The only reason I can see this change being needed is if they planned to add a different button where the customization button was. Even so just add a button.

  • The NEXT and PREVIOUS buttons need to come back please.

    There is absolutely no reason to remove them.

    I really really hope they take some feedback and fix this mess. Can´t understand how this got released :-(

  • Please let us save filters as well, or at least fix the character order so that the newest characters are where they're supposed to be.

  • The customization menu is a mess. It's really weird that they took away the ability to change stuff mid lobby. On top of that, all icons seem to be smaller in-game for some reason, including survivor names which occasionally helped when two people had the same character. Why change the things that work okay and make them bad but leave other problematic things in the game (like tombstone myers) that the community has been screaming about for the past however many years? Also the endgame lobby is also a lot harder to see now as well…

  • @Krazzik said:

    Personally I… really don't like them. I know some of the dislike is simply having to get used to the changes but I really don't see why they needed to move the customization tab INSIDE another tab, it just boggles my mind.

    They suck, not a fan at all personally

1 2 ›