I got blocked by a Huntress in the basement for 21minutes. It is bannable?
I almost never get salty in DBD, every time a friend or someone gets mad I'm like "It's just a game, next one will be fun", I don't get mad cause of camping, or tunneling, I never DC. BUT TODAY, I got the saltiest. So the Huntress hooked someone in the basement in the first minutes of the match, I went down to save them and she blocked the stairs. For 21minutes. The other 2 survs did all gens and destroyed the noed in like 8-9mins. Then one of them landed with us,and the other one escaped. So we were 3 blocked and 1 out of the game. Rest of the time the Huntress just looked up and down, threw a few hatches in the wall, she wasn't even AFK, just keeping us there. I thought we were there for like 30mins but there were just 20mins. It was so frustrating. I couldn't record it, cause I don't have anything installed for that, but I took some screenshots. Do you think I can report them with just screenshots?
Comments
im no expert on this, but yes, i do think that's bannable.
seems like it, preventing people from playing the game by blocking them and not downing/killing them...would say so...means you can't do anything else
You needed to report in the game. Question though, did anyone try to get the killer to try to hit you on the stairs. The animation should have allowed you to get past her.
a good idea
What's the point of doing that? Just to be a dick...that's the point. I would report that garbage.
I reported in the game too, and yea we tried to get hit but she was just staying there. At the end she hit one of us and we all got out
Oh I just did that 2mins ago, I will know next time though. Thank you for your answers
Yes thats bannable, I wonder why you would jump into a basement bodyblocked by a killer though.....
But without footage, nothing will happen
Actually that's incorrect because even without video they still have heat maps, player movement data etc although a recording simply makes it easier.
Irony: Huntress is one of the few killers that can actually down you before you escape the basement.
bannable 100% with video recorded obviusly.
Do they really have this data? I doubt that tbh
Weve been told that footage is necessary if you wanna report someone holding the game hostage and AFAIK thats still the case (peanits said the same above)
They do have the data but it can be subjective in some cases like the one @peanits commented on where there was still things going on allowing the game to progress.
But in the case of 1 person only being alive and the killer just flat out blocking tm in the basement they've got easy proof in their heat maps and stuff there. In that case there's no question about what's going on with holding the game hostage.
That's how Riot nails people afking in game because they've got all that data about keystrokes, movements etc and what interasctions you're doing. In this case a Killer standing on the stairs blocking someone from moving is pretty obvious.
However, unless it is reported, i doubt they keep the data as specific matches and instead just use them to gather statistics.
Does this mean games are now reviewable through the report system and we no longer need a video recording or is it both required?
The games have always been reviewable through the report system but for taking the game hostage a video is needed for the more subtle cases. In the case of someone hacking, exploiting, holding the game hostage or working with the killer to farm you a video is important.