Since hooks can respawn now, bleeding out for 4 mins must be bannable

From the next update hooks on which a survivor is sacrificed will be able to respawn after 60 seconds.

There are no more excuses at this point, the killer often used the loophole of not being able to hook because there were no more hooks available nearby even though it may not have been true just to mask his toxicity.

I am obviously only talking about the situation where there are only survivors on the ground and the game is virtually over, whereas if a killer wants to slug during the game there is no problem of course.

Comments

  • Not Bannable, no chance, sorry no luck

  • @Jacknalls_Paw said:

    From the next update hooks on which a survivor is sacrificed will be able to respawn after 60 seconds.

    There are no more excuses at this point, the killer often used the loophole of not being able to hook because there were no more hooks available nearby even though it may not have been true just to mask his toxicity.

    I am obviously only talking about the situation where there are only survivors on the ground and the game is virtually over, whereas if a killer wants to slug during the game there is no problem of course.

    Only if teabagging during loops and in the exit gate is bannable. Will you accept that compromise?

    In other words, no as much as being slugged for 4 minutes sucks, it's not and never will be a bannable thing, nor will 'teabagging"

  • My answer to this is very very simple allow Self-recovery at the expense of a hook.

    Example 1
    You get slugged with 0-1 hooks. You must recover all the way then you get a prompt to use recovery at the expense of a hook stage you get all the benefits of being unhooked. This allows for recovery at the expense of a trigged hook giving the killer what he needs as weel

    Example 2
    You get slugged with 2 hooks. Game progresses onward till you die, get picked up by killer or healed by another player or perk ability. This would get rid of the 0-1 no hook slug effect while giving the killer a free hook for his/her trouble.

  • @revna said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3745888#Comment_3745888

    I didn't miss your point. My entire response was aimed stating whatever you think might be toxic, someone else might not think it is. Whatever happens in game like an example you used ghost face tbagging. It's part of their kit and to be completely honest. It's pretty funny because that's even the kind of persona ghostface has as a killer and it completes the entire image of him.

    At the end of the day this game has certain aspects of it that make it competitive for die hards who will do 1v1's or team play and even casuals. It has a rank system and it has a prestige system and we even have developers that say about certain perks "I spent 4 months making salt." and ya know what? It's ok to have those aspects in the game. But the other things will come with it. It's like that in any game you make competitive. There are content creators who will go up against P400 teams and do everything they can to get the W. Up to and including bleeding out if they know they are running a ton of perks that can be countered by that. I've done it before as huntress and billy and it will continue to be part of my kit.

    The post game chat toxicity is different. If you get hit on hook by a killer throwing axes at you because she's an axe throwing KILLER. If they come out and don't say anything? Then maybe just leave it at that. Because it's in the game and it's been that way for years and the reality is… it probably will never change. If they do come out and it becomes a toxic exchange of words between two people and the game is over and it becomes a flurry of insults and what not. Then at that point it's an issue between two individuals and I'm just gonna flat out say it, who can't just take the game for what it is and in my honest opinion. That has no place in the game same as any other game.

    And I also touched base on your solo survivor statement but I'll say again this game was never meant to be a solo survivor experience. Most people solo Q because of one or two reasons they either a) don't have friends to play with or b) they want the challenge of solo Q because SWF always goes too well (it does). You're part of a team and your functionality is at peak when you're working as part of it and it shows because good teams will always destroy killers. If that said team survives me trying to kill them and they in excitement boop their butts across the finish line. Cool man… they can have their W.

    And that said if it's a resolution you're looking for regarding all that. It's gonna take a pretty big overhaul to accomplish not only a mindset but a game issue as well.

    I don't think you read my other comments in this thread, toxic behaviour wasn't my starting point.

    What I asked for was a "die-instantly-button" when all survivors are on the ground (maybe with a time delay like a minute) to make bleed out faster. I understand that you can't always hook as killer, but I'm not asking for basekit unbreakable. Whether you slug me for 4 minutes and I die or I use the button after a minute and die, the outcome is the same, in both cases I'm dead. But in one I wasted 4 minutes and in one just 1min. I'm not trying to end slugging in general, again, I'm just talking about the specific situation when everbody is on the ground, so the game is technically over.

    I'm not asking for bans like the OP did and I'm also not saying that all Killers let people bleed out to be toxic, my point was about time waste, the other person brought toxic behaviour in the discussion. They had an issue with my suggestion because they felt it takes an option from the Killer to retaliate against toxic behaviour. I don't think anyone should be entiteld to reciprocate toxic behaviour, not even solo survivors, I just brought solo survivors up as an example that retaliation is not always possible and that is something we have to live with. Wanting to keep an option for retaliation is imo not a good reason to be against a change like the one I suggested.

    Yes, if something is toxic or not is up to personal interpretation, but I'm not suggesting fixes for teabagging/humping here (I don't care to much about that, but I also don't think fixing them is possible). I thing most people dislike their time being wasted though (e.g. survivors waiting and teabagging in the exit gate is generally disliked even if you don't seem to mind it to much) so that is what I want fixed. Some years ago the Devs made it so, that the struggle phase is skipped when all survivors are on hook and their explanation was time wasted, so they said the precedent that time shouldn't be wasted when the match is technically over, that is all I'm asking for.

    My comment with the insults in end game chat was purely provocative to emphasize that there is no option for retaliation. Again, I'm not advocating for insults in endgame chat (already said that in the other comment though).

    And yes the game comes with plenty of options that can be really frustrating for the other side. But I'm not asking for all of that to be fixed, I'm not asking for a big overhaul like you mentioned, just this specific issue. Other people have brought up the finisher mori that the Devs already tried on the PTB, so that would be a different possible solution to the situation I have an issue with.

    And it seem like you don't mind being bled or teabagged in the exit gate and that's fine, but others do, so I don't see the issue with suggesting a fix for that (I'm also not saying that my suggestion is perfect but until now nobody has critized my suggestion in terms of content, only that I made the suggestion at all).

  • @SunaIIanu said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3746166#Comment_3746166

    I don't think you read my other comments in this thread, toxic behaviour wasn't my starting point.

    What I asked for was a "die-instantly-button" when all survivors are on the ground (maybe with a time delay like a minute) to make bleed out faster. I understand that you can't always hook as killer, but I'm not asking for basekit unbreakable. Whether you slug me for 4 minutes and I die or I use the button after a minute and die, the outcome is the same, in both cases I'm dead. But in one I wasted 4 minutes and in one just 1min. I'm not trying to end slugging in general, again, I'm just talking about the specific situation when everbody is on the ground, so the game is technically over.

    I'm not asking for bans like the OP did and I'm also not saying that all Killers let people bleed out to be toxic, my point was about time waste, the other person brought toxic behaviour in the discussion. They had an issue with my suggestion because they felt it takes an option from the Killer to retaliate against toxic behaviour. I don't think anyone should be entiteld to reciprocate toxic behaviour, not even solo survivors, I just brought solo survivors up as an example that retaliation is not always possible and that is something we have to live with. Wanting to keep an option for retaliation is imo not a good reason to be against a change like the one I suggested.

    Yes, if something is toxic or not is up to personal interpretation, but I'm not suggesting fixes for teabagging/humping here (I don't care to much about that, but I also don't think fixing them is possible). I thing most people dislike their time being wasted though (e.g. survivors waiting and teabagging in the exit gate is generally disliked even if you don't seem to mind it to much) so that is what I want fixed. Some years ago the Devs made it so, that the struggle phase is skipped when all survivors are on hook and their explanation was time wasted, so they said the precedent that time shouldn't be wasted when the match is technically over, that is all I'm asking for.

    My comment with the insults in end game chat was purely provocative to emphasize that there is no option for retaliation. Again, I'm not advocating for insults in endgame chat (already said that in the other comment though).

    And yes the game comes with plenty of options that can be really frustrating for the other side. But I'm not asking for all of that to be fixed, I'm not asking for a big overhaul like you mentioned, just this specific issue. Other people have brought up the finisher mori that the Devs already tried on the PTB, so that would be a different possible solution to the situation I have an issue with.

    And it seem like you don't mind being bled or teabagged in the exit gate and that's fine, but others do, so I don't see the issue with suggesting a fix for that (I'm also not saying that my suggestion is perfect but until now nobody has critized my suggestion in terms of content, only that I made the suggestion at all).

    I've very clearly engaged and responded to your messages. I don't know what you're not understanding about what I said but.

    I guess I'll just indulge with a very simple answer.

    That will not happen.

  • I've read about a lot of stuff so far and it's funny, really. Using perks as reasons for slugging people for 4 whole damn minutes. Is this really what it has come down to? It is unjustified to slug in most cases. The only one of these I find reasonable is the "they have a clear shot of saving" scenario where you have no walls in your face, you hear them already running or they are under a pallet but 4 minutes is just damn too long.

    The only reason I slug people is that they just got rescued and I accidentally hit them (this has happened way too often when they barely ran out of bt and took a hatchet not addressed to them ) or I wanna punish them but not immediatly murder them.

    Why can't this whole community just chill? Why can't a long chase be enjoyed? Why is everyone tunnel visioned on their sole objectives? Why is this game competetive at this point?

    Somehow I enjoy people playing well against me, let it be them punishing me for stupid decisions or me punishing them for their missplays. But for some reason the only thing that bugs me is just how many stupid things I can get away with as killer. Knowing those things and facing them as survivor is also horrible. One of these example is for killers spamming their powers and not getting punished in any shape or form, or survivors having too little objectives. This game should've evolved to some extent compared to what it was 8 years ago in this regard.

    And also it wouldn't hurt if we could provide more feedback or feedback in a more direct way so we would know if it has any impact or developer groups streaming gameplay so we would have proof that they actually do something with purpose instead of just relying on a small group's feedback.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3745640#Comment_3745640

    Nice of you to completely change the subject of the discussion, but my point stands: bleeding out is the killer's reflection of survivors' teabagging, blind and stun spam, saboing and other BM, so it would be unjust to remove one without addressing the other.

    Except, tbagging is not BM if it takes away attention from the weak link. If my friend has 50 hours, and I know for a fact you will have at least 900, I am going to tbag to get your attention.
    I am going to blind you so you will keep your focus on me.
    Stun spam isnt really a BM considering the only stun spam works if you are tunnelling, and I dont even see how saboing could be BM, its literally a mechanic meant to prevent you from using that hook.

    While slugging isnt meant to be used to bleed out. The only reason the bleedout timer exists, is so you dont slug people forever. The only reason the bleedout timer is 4 minutes, is because its entirely possible that your team can either pick you up safely or finish gens within those 4 minutes. Anything less, and you would bleed out too fast.

    Slugging for the sake of creating the same pressure that a hook does, was never intended. But they couldnt fix it, since hooks would permanently disappear.

    Now hooks dont disappear forever anymore, and killers have no reason to keep slugging you for the entire 4 minutes. So survivors should get a slugging buff. Either survivors being able to pick themselves up, crawl significantly faster while being silent or being able to interact with totems and gens (at 50% reduced speed), so that killers HAVE to hook, to get hook levels of pressure. Or make extensive slugging bannable.

    Tbagging doesnt create pressure. Blinding doesnt create pressure, stun spamming only happens if your pressure is too high or your game sense is too low and saboing is literally doing what you are supposed to do in that scenario. Slugging for 4 minutes isnt ever needed.

1 2 ›