Too many smurfs
It is literally killing this game for me. I haven't played for months because of poor balancing decisions and the fear of nerfing DS, but that's a whole other topic... but I've noticed that after not playing for months that every single one of my games at rank 15 has had smurfs, both killer and survivors. They have 100+ hours per 2 weeks in their steam profile so obviously they are not coming back to the game like yours truly...
They really need to punish people that are D/Cing on purpose.... 3v1 game... smurf game... 3v1 game... 3v1 game... smurf killer game... the game is no fun when this is how it is. It may just be in my region (China) but that is how it has been since my return at the yellow ranks. And as killer it is the same thing.. SWF groups with 2k+ hours at rank 15... these people are obviously de-ranking on purpose just to mess with noob killers. Punish these losers because it is causing me to throw my disposable income at other hobbies instead of cosmetics in this smurf fest.
P.S. I am writing this post-game from one of my yellow rank games. I am the only survivor on my team not using DS and the killer is decked out and using thompson mix/carb tuning guide.... at rank 15...
Comments
I think back when I was that rank, there were not as many smurfs about truth be told, no doubt I played a few games with smurfs but had mixed results.
The Amount of Smurfs is because of this No Perks, No Items Challenge going around.
See the person that is actually doing the challenge, will typically recruit a few friends to smurf for him/her with full meta perks, and items just to get that boost through the ranks.
The real issue is they need to add a security measure that keeps people from save file tampering to lower there rank.
Like say if the Cloud or whatever notices you logged off at rank 8 then were suddenly rank 20 when you logged back in, should be an auto ban.
Every toxic survivor "I just want to have fun, therefore I Derank"
Because stomping people who can't play is fun I guess? Instead of a challenge.
Also every toxic survivor "Rank doesn't mean anything"
But if rank means nothing? Then why Derank? It couldn't possibly be that, ranked does in fact, hold some kind of standard, as small as it may be, to the point where, more often than not, better killers, therefore "less fun" killers are at higher ranks, where the less experienced killers or "fun killers" are at the lower ranks. No, that couldn't possible be right?
Don't take this the wrong way, there are many toxic killers that do the very same and every word I said above goes for them as well.
Rank does actually mean something, regardless of what you may think it actually means. You will more often than not, run into better killers/survivors at higher ranks, and less experience killers/survivors at lower ranks.
But with the way the ranking system is handled and how easy it is to rank up, plus SWF being a thing, and also crutch perks I.E. DS for survivors and NOed for killers, allow less experienced survivors and killers alike to be at ranks they should not be at for their skill.
This is just how it is. As for a fix? Not a damn clue.
Jendenise (used to?) regularly derank by DCing and stomp low rank killers with her SWF which caused the whole derankign discussion in the forums
I watch her, and she doesn't DC to the low ranks?
I cant tell whether she still does it, but a few months ago she regularly deranked into the green ranks or lower before she started streaming.