What’s your favorite thing about DbD?
Some people love chase, others love ambience, some are here mainly for cosmetics.
What is it about Dead by Daylight that resonates with you?
Some people love chase, others love ambience, some are here mainly for cosmetics.
What is it about Dead by Daylight that resonates with you?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
the horror theme, sound and visual design first and foremost! And I love how all the different horror licenses feel naturally fitting.
Then the (theoretical) variety where each match is different regarding killer, survivor, maps that have rng elements, addons, perks
I like a lot of things about it. The chases, the variety of killers you can play and face, the visual map design. I enjoy how its like the horror hall of fame. We have so many iconic horror character licenses in it.
Big shout out to my two mains, Dwight and Mikey Myers. Dwight resonates with me because he a nerdy shy type. Based on the lore of his cosmetics he's into a lot of the same things I am like Sci Fi and comic books. I'm a die hard Halloween fan so I love Michael Myers. Even though he needs some buffs they captured the feel of his character with his power.
a game where you can play as pyramid head from silent hill 2. Still one of the coolest looking and visually best horror characters in video game history
And for the survivor side is that I can play as silent hill characters like Cheryl (Heather), Lisa, Cybil, Maria, and of course James Sunderland!
I’ll never get over everything I’ve learned about Silent Hill from you. I hope the franchise gets a classic collection of all the Silent Hill games. I’d love to play them.
The entity realm
if you’re on pc or PS5 there’s gonna be a remake for the best title in the franchise (silent hill 2) which might be somewhat good (i personally have mixed opinions as a long time fan) but if you’re on pc there’s the “enhanced edition” of silent hill 2 which is a community made remaster of the original silent hill 2 (which is the best game in the franchise and it doesn’t require playing the first game because it’s a standalone game with its own story)
for me it’s the multi player I adore.
Always solo q, but There is something awesome about being part of a team. Before DbD Left 4 Dead was my favourite game ever. I was so happy when I found DbD.
For me the main factors are:
In an era of gaming where every triple A release has constant meddling and corporate interjection for safe and uninnovative gameplay, where everyone just copies the same formula to churn out year after year with little more than a shader update to show for it... or whatever the hell mobile phone games are doing.... it's unique experiences like DBD that keep me happy to say I'm a gamer. 🤘
4%ing🤗
Her. What else?
For me it was playing as my favorite horror villains.For survivor it was the heart pumping feeling i use to get. The more hours u go the less fearful u become of the killer and the nostalgia of playing certain killers go away. Mind gaming and looping is what i find most enjoyable now. I know a very generic answer but no other game really fulfill that itch.
@Herlnfernal pressing E a instant dopamine rush🤭🤭 probably my favorite thing to do in any games. Especially when they waited forever and you still get it off
The gameplay loop and licenses. DBD is the Smash Bros. of horror and the gameplay is quite unique too. When you find yourself on a map with 4 survivors and you know:
that's when the real fun begins. This is also what makes survivor fun to me. The feeling of taking on an insurmountable task and still coming out on top is incredibly rewarding.
The tension as survivor. When a DbD game actually matches up well, there's nothing else like it. The rush of feeling like the game might actually result in an escape, and the danger that it could still be taken away, is amazing.
That DBD is the only game that exist where you can legally play as many different horror icon in an authentic way.
Bhvrs unique killers they have been making are standouts and honestly most of them could have their own movies/ franchises.
But by far my favorite part of this game is The Huntress. Literally the best and most iconic slasher ever made by a video game company and 100% deserves to have her own movie and franchise.
Excellent lore, excellent design, compelling character, awesome and fun power. The fact of her idle animation being swaying back and forth while humming the lullaby is absolutely amazing! 10/10 character who will hopefully become bigger than just a iconic DBD slasher!
What’s E on the keyboard? Is that the DH button? Press “E” if you want to be FREE!!! Only for pros though 😉 You know what I’m talking about 😆
🤣🤣🤣🤣
I guess how competitive it is, how it pushes my limits. I wish it weren't so much at times, but that's the aspect that remains constant that I like.