The Fix to lobbies

now I’m going to start this off by stating that I’m a killer main. I play 5-6x, as much killer as I play survivor. So this isn’t a survivor main complaining about something just because they can’t be sweaty. 

What I want to be implemented is for Bhvr to remove the option of leaving the lobby once 4 survivors are in it. That means that once 4 survivors have entered the lobby the 1 minute timer will start and the option to leave (on both killer and survivor end) will be revoked. By readying up however they can still reduce the timer to 5 seconds if everyone ready’s up. This is to allow people to play SWF, and killers to grow a pair and not dc the lobby everytime they see 3-4 survivors join at once (even tho sometimes it’s by coincidence and they aren’t even in SWF). 

Mad I stated before, I’m a killer main, I have zero issues 4k’ing SWF groups, and that’s because I played against them so much I got good. The reason why I want this implemented is because I can’t ever find a game with my friends because the second we get into one (after 15-30 mins) the killer shits himself and dc’s the lobby. 

If you agree with this, help bring it to BHVRS attention, and if you disagree I suggest commenting why. But if it’s because you think SWF “are too overpowered,” save your breathe and go play because you clearly need to spend more time practicing and less time dc’ing.
Tagged: ACMMod

Comments

  • I am okay with that. For a long time I've noticed that a lot of the complaints come from people who dodge things that pose a challenge to them, causing them to cherry pick easier matches and rank up higher than they're supposed to be without learning how to counter things.

    Flashlights were a great example of that. For the longest time it was incredibly easy to avoid a flashlight by facing a wall or just by being aware of your surrounding and the direction you're facing. Yet the entire time there were daily complaints about flashlights being overpowered, and your odds of getting dodged going through the roof if you dared to equip one. Then those guys get into the mindset of "I'm a rank 1 player, this is overpowered, I know what I'm talking about" when they've never learned how to play around it. At any point during that time you could have gone on Twitch and watched any half decent killer player avoid flashlights without any issue.

    I don't like it. I don't think people should be dodging anything that's difficult to them. I didn't like it when survivors could snoop around your profile to see what killer you played either and I'm glad that's gone. Fortunately with the upcoming matchmaking system, all survivors will be placed in a lobby at the same time and it'll be harder to tell if a group is SWF or not, though that won't stop someone from dodging when they see items.

  • @Master said:

    ...

    Oh come on. Is it really that hard for killer mains like yourself to believe that there are actually killer mains who don't have such a problem with swf? I mean sure there are some inbalances but it really isn't that bad at all. Crazy.

  • I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?
    And I mean I wouldn't blame these people for dodging swf teams, maybe they just had a bad day or already many stressful games. You can't deny a certain imbalance between solo and swf survivors. But I think it would be good if killers couldn't dodge swf groups anymore.

  • comes in as the 4th Survivor
    ping is way too high for a reasonable game
    still high after 30 seconds
    want to leave
    can't

    Naturally, i don't want this.

  • @ad19970 said:
    I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?

    This is true. Though you could also tie a feature like that into the ping where you can leave a lobby if people have >200 ping, for example. I imagine this should also be less of a problem once the new matchmaking system is release.

  • @Peanits said:

    @ad19970 said:
    I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?

    This is true. Though you could also tie a feature like that into the ping where you can leave a lobby if people have >200 ping, for example. I imagine this should also be less of a problem once the new matchmaking system is release.

    Then there'll more than likely be disagreements on what one considers "good-enough ping".

  • @Peanits said:

    @ad19970 said:
    I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?

    This is true. Though you could also tie a feature like that into the ping where you can leave a lobby if people have >200 ping, for example. I imagine this should also be less of a problem once the new matchmaking system is release.

    Yes. That would be a good idea. Then I wouldn't mind OP's idea at all.

  • @Boss said:

    @Peanits said:

    @ad19970 said:
    I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?

    This is true. Though you could also tie a feature like that into the ping where you can leave a lobby if people have >200 ping, for example. I imagine this should also be less of a problem once the new matchmaking system is release.

    Then there'll more than likely be disagreements on what one considers "good-enough ping".

    I mean everything below 150 should be totally fine, or not?

  • @ad19970 said:

    @Boss said:

    @Peanits said:

    @ad19970 said:
    I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?

    This is true. Though you could also tie a feature like that into the ping where you can leave a lobby if people have >200 ping, for example. I imagine this should also be less of a problem once the new matchmaking system is release.

    Then there'll more than likely be disagreements on what one considers "good-enough ping".

    I mean everything below 150 should be totally fine, or not?

    Is what you say.
    I've had some friends who don't go for anything but green.

  • @Boss said:

    @ad19970 said:

    @Boss said:

    @Peanits said:

    @ad19970 said:
    I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?

    This is true. Though you could also tie a feature like that into the ping where you can leave a lobby if people have >200 ping, for example. I imagine this should also be less of a problem once the new matchmaking system is release.

    Then there'll more than likely be disagreements on what one considers "good-enough ping".

    I mean everything below 150 should be totally fine, or not?

    Is what you say.
    I've had some friends who don't go for anything but green.

    Hmm. Seems a little extreme though. I mean I would never dodge a lobby because one of the four survivors has a 150 ping. I mean wouldn't you have to dodge lobbies quite often that way?

  • @Peanits said:

    @ad19970 said:
    I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?

    This is true. Though you could also tie a feature like that into the ping where you can leave a lobby if people have >200 ping, for example. I imagine this should also be less of a problem once the new matchmaking system is release.

    Is there actually info on when the new matchmaking releases?

  • @ad19970 said:

    @Boss said:

    @ad19970 said:

    @Boss said:

    @Peanits said:

    @ad19970 said:
    I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?

    This is true. Though you could also tie a feature like that into the ping where you can leave a lobby if people have >200 ping, for example. I imagine this should also be less of a problem once the new matchmaking system is release.

    Then there'll more than likely be disagreements on what one considers "good-enough ping".

    I mean everything below 150 should be totally fine, or not?

    Is what you say.
    I've had some friends who don't go for anything but green.

    I mean wouldn't you have to dodge lobbies quite often that way?

    Not me.
    Though i don't plan to play Survivor anymore, i myself rarely had pings over 100, usually around 80-89.

    ...Lol, now it sounds like i'm the one dodging for pings over 100, especially when i said "friends" used to do it.
    THEY EXIST, I SWEAR! xD

  • @Boss said:

    @Peanits said:

    @ad19970 said:
    I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?

    This is true. Though you could also tie a feature like that into the ping where you can leave a lobby if people have >200 ping, for example. I imagine this should also be less of a problem once the new matchmaking system is release.

    Then there'll more than likely be disagreements on what one considers "good-enough ping".

    Probably, but that is something that can be fine tuned over time. If there's too many problems at 200, it can be toned down to 150, for example. 200 is my limit, after that I start to notice lag.

  • @Peanits said:

    @Boss said:

    @Peanits said:

    @ad19970 said:
    I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?

    This is true. Though you could also tie a feature like that into the ping where you can leave a lobby if people have >200 ping, for example. I imagine this should also be less of a problem once the new matchmaking system is release.

    Then there'll more than likely be disagreements on what one considers "good-enough ping".

    Probably, but that is something that can be fine tuned over time. If there's too many problems at 200, it can be toned down to 150, for example. 200 is my limit, after that I start to notice lag.

    Couldn't the ability to edit ping ranges be edited by the players? (Idk a lot about stuff like that.)

  • Btw I’m on PS4, so there may be some difference to how many ppl avoid lobbies between ps and pc (I think it’s more on ps since far more kids play on PlayStation who don’t want anything remotely close to a challenge). And I’m not saying there aren’t killers who play any lobby no matter what, but I’m usually dc’d out a lobby 2-3 times before that and I think waiting 1 hour+ to get into a game is ridiculous. How I view it is that if you want to play killer, be prepared to vs SWF. If your RLLY that bad or are fairly new to the game, bring a mori. I just want the option for killers and survivors to leave FULL lobbies to be removed. If you’ve had a bad, stressful day or whatever play something more relaxing 🤷🏽‍♂️? There’s literally no reason other than being scared to leave a full lobby and it should be removed. Dc on the other hand has some merit if the killer has you exploited in the basement and won’t let you leave or kill you, or your glitched outside the map, etc.
  • This feature doesn't sound all that great in my opinion. I only get so much play time, and a lot of that play time for me is once the kids are asleep or while I'm working an on call shift.

    All this would mean is that I've gotta manually end the program rather than using the in game UI to leave when they wake up or when I get work, which seems like a lil bit of a pain.

    I'd rather see a positive system that rewards you for consecutive lobbies that you join and get a game in without leaving, more like a positive reinforcement type thing rewarding increased BP gain or mystery box rewards or some such.

    I'd probably even stick around through SWF hell if it was actually worth my time as far as game advancement went.

    Just my 2 cents.

  • Oh noes. Someone doesn't want to get stomped by smurfs, and mixed rank SWFs going down to brown ranks. Can't let them leave!

    Also with the new matchmaking in the works every lobby will have all survivors popping in at the same time.

  • People will just quit during the load screen by closing the game app. Not to mention it could screw you over, I've had instance where I'm in an SWF and someone doesn't make it through but it's still a full lobby.

    Truth is there's no way to prevent dodging that wouldn't cause more bull #########.

  • I had 3 people in one lobby dodge beacuse i used a mori and i let the 1 dwight leave
  • @borna_lk said:
    This is to allow people to play SWF, and killers to grow a pair and not dc the lobby everytime they see 3-4 survivors join at once (even tho sometimes it’s by coincidence and they aren’t even in SWF). 

    Out of curiosity: Which and how many items do you bring, which skins are you wearing and which rank are you playing on?

  • @Peanits said:

    @ad19970 said:
    I'd like it, but what's with the dodging survivors with extremely high ping? Isn't that like the main reason you can dodge lobbies?

    This is true. Though you could also tie a feature like that into the ping where you can leave a lobby if people have >200 ping, for example. I imagine this should also be less of a problem once the new matchmaking system is release.

    So you just check someones profile and this enables you to dodge the lobby.
    Might as well forget about the feature then....

  • @borna_lk said:
    This is to allow people to play SWF, and killers to grow a pair and not dc the lobby everytime they see 3-4 survivors join at once (even tho sometimes it’s by coincidence and they aren’t even in SWF). 

    Out of curiosity: Which and how many items do you bring, which skins are you wearing and which rank are you playing on?


    I play on ps4, usually as nea (or whoever I have a daily ritual on) sometimes use a toolbox, but if I’m playing by myself I won’t because it’s more than likely if I get chased first I won’t get unhooked 😂. (My nea is wearing a. Pink head and flannel, no prestige clothing) and I’m a rank 5-1 usually 
  • Tiersis said:

    This feature doesn't sound all that great in my opinion. I only get so much play time, and a lot of that play time for me is once the kids are asleep or while I'm working an on call shift.

    All this would mean is that I've gotta manually end the program rather than using the in game UI to leave when they wake up or when I get work, which seems like a lil bit of a pain.

    I'd rather see a positive system that rewards you for consecutive lobbies that you join and get a game in without leaving, more like a positive reinforcement type thing rewarding increased BP gain or mystery box rewards or some such.

    I'd probably even stick around through SWF hell if it was actually worth my time as far as game advancement went.

    Just my 2 cents.

    I see what your saying but I like I said, if you’ve had a bad, stressful day, there’s better games you can play. People who play SWF are playing because they want to play with each other, winning the game only gives 5,000 bps without boosters. So by not playing against them your depriving them of the fun of being together and your depriving yourself of the practice of getting the skill to be comfortable shading playing against them. You have to look at it from both sides, not every SWF is toxic 
  • This is a terrible Idea, People would just DC instead.
    Removing a needed feature to combat a small problem isn't the way to go.

    What if I load up a Lobby and something happens IRL that I can't play the game?
    What If someone's ping is insanely High?
    What if I simply change my mind and don't want to play a game yet?

    Seems very illogical.

  • I can see this as a good idea once dedicated servers hit the game but right now... No. I dont want to be forced to play in a lobby of some asian guy with 300+ ping.
  • Once dedicated servers come I could definitely see this ingame. Only problem I have is that I sometimes by accident search for a match instead of joining my friends lobby when I am playing with other people and if I got stuck in a lobby it would suck.
    Also like mentioned above, high ping.