The power of information

This video is about how information is way more useful than any of the meta builds when playing solo.
Thanks to bond + open handed i was aware of what was going on around me, what gens were being worked on so i can finish them in case the other survivors are being chased, etc...
I didn't need Kindred this time but should be a must when playing solo so the other ones know what to do.
I've been running this kind of build for long but just wanted to share it (again) so maybe more people start to run it, because the chances of surviving are way higher when survivors are organized.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-HCugVkS-HM

Comments

  • I know you probably just meant this thread to be a kind of PSA for solos, and i agree that "Info-Perks" are underrated by so many, but this is definitely going to spark another SWF shitshow.
  • You can also run Alert.
    It's more "where is dat killer" info but still good info nonetheless

  • I will give this build a try, but im not gonna change my swf build :)

  • Milo said:

    You can also run Alert.
    It's more "where is dat killer" info but still good info nonetheless

    Not just that, its handy to know where pallets are getting scarce, like the main building for example, so you can avoid getting caught there.
  • I know you probably just meant this thread to be a kind of PSA for solos, and i agree that "Info-Perks" are underrated by so many, but this is definitely going to spark another SWF shitshow.
    Yeah maybe ๐Ÿ˜…
  • @Arroz said:

    I will give this build a try, but im not gonna change my swf build :)

    Wouldn't make any sense to run this build when playing with more than 1 friend, so it's understandable lol.
  • Vietfox said:
    This video is about how information is way more useful than any of the meta builds when playing solo.
    Thanks to bond + open handed i was aware of what was going on around me, what gens were being worked on so i can finish them in case the other survivors are being chased, etc...
    I didn't need Kindred this time but should be a must when playing solo so the other ones know what to do.
    I've been running this kind of build for long but just wanted to share it (again) so maybe more people start to run it, because the chances of surviving are way higher when survivors are organized.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-HCugVkS-HM
    I just use a map to find that pesky Ruin and NOED. If I'm really feeling it, Kindred! :)
  • You don't need Kindred as a solo player. I've been playing No Mither, without aura/info perks, at rank 1 all month. SOLO. And I've escaped plenty of times, and if not I am almost always the last to die. All you need is a good understanding of the game, specifically of killer, to play well.

  • You don't need Kindred as a solo player. I've been playing No Mither, without aura/info perks, at rank 1 all month. SOLO. And I've escaped plenty of times, and if not I am almost always the last to die.

    STOP ASKING FOR KINDRED IN BASE KIT. You really don't need it.

    No one asked it to be basekit, and it looks like BHVR scrapped the idea anyway so don't bring it up, no reason to blow up the thread.
  • @ChesterTheMolester said:
    thesuicidefox said:

    You don't need Kindred as a solo player. I've been playing No Mither, without aura/info perks, at rank 1 all month. SOLO. And I've escaped plenty of times, and if not I am almost always the last to die.

    STOP ASKING FOR KINDRED IN BASE KIT. You really don't need it.

    No one asked it to be basekit, and it looks like BHVR scrapped the idea anyway so don't bring it up, no reason to blow up the thread.

    Yea I re-read the OP and saw he didn't actually ask for it in base kit. But my point still stands that you don't need Kindred or aura perks at all to play well and escape. You just need game sense.

  • You don't need Kindred as a solo player. I've been playing No Mither, without aura/info perks, at rank 1 all month. SOLO. And I've escaped plenty of times, and if not I am almost always the last to die. All you need is a good understanding of the game, specifically of killer, to play well.

    This thread is not about bragging, is about playing efficiently.

    "STOP ASKING FOR KINDRED IN BASE KIT"
    I never asked for that, what are you talking about? Actually @Nickenzie can confirm that i've been always against the idea of kindred being part of the base kit.
  • Btw @thesuicidefox
    I play this game in a really smart way, i'm aware of gens locations to not end up with 3 gens close to each other and common sense is what makes me survive, but Kindred isn't for me, is for the other survivors. As you might know already you don't know how smart/dumb will be the other ones when playing solo, so it's way better if you give them some clues.
  • Vietfox said:

    You don't need Kindred as a solo player. I've been playing No Mither, without aura/info perks, at rank 1 all month. SOLO. And I've escaped plenty of times, and if not I am almost always the last to die. All you need is a good understanding of the game, specifically of killer, to play well.

    This thread is not about bragging, is about playing efficiently.

    "STOP ASKING FOR KINDRED IN BASE KIT"
    I never asked for that, what are you talking about? Actually @Nickenzie can confirm that i've been always against the idea of kindred being part of the base kit.
    I can confirm @thesuicidefox :
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/39089/dead-by-daylight-is-almost-balanced/p1

    @Vietfox never supported having Kindred as baseline.
  • I just use a map to find that pesky Ruin and NOED. If I'm really feeling it, Kindred! :)
    I don't usually bring any items so killers can franklin demise it, plus i'm spending all my bloodpoints on killers, meaning that i don't have many items on my Feng. Except instaheals and firecrackers >:)
  • @Nickenzie said:
    @Vietfox never supported having Kindred as baseline.

    Yea I guess you guys didn't see I edited my post? SMH I misread the OP before I posted, then re-read and saw he never mentioned base kit Kindred. Chill.

    @Vietfox said:
    I play this game in a really smart way, i'm aware of gens locations to not end up with 3 gens close to each other and common sense is what makes me survive, but Kindred isn't for me, is for the other survivors. As you might know already you don't know how smart/dumb will be the other ones when playing solo, so it's way better if you give them some clues.

    You still don't need it. If you play smart you will outlive other survivors and take the hatch. The problem with potato survivors is they have no balls, Kindred doesn't really fix that. If they are too scared to come save they won't save. Kindred is mainly a counter to camping. You could argue that survivors could see if other survivors are in a chase, but even with auras that's not always clear unless they drop a pallet. The only time it's 100% clear is when someone takes a hit, which the HUD tells you anyway.

  • Vietfox said:
    I just use a map to find that pesky Ruin and NOED. If I'm really feeling it, Kindred! :)
    I don't usually bring any items so killers can franklin demise it, plus i'm spending all my bloodpoints on killers, meaning that i don't have many items on my Feng. Except instaheals and firecrackers >:)
    Maps are so underrated by most survivor mains. I recently figured out how the map works and holy moly, if you have everything tracked then you can see literally everything with a click of a button.

    All I do is walk around the map and I track random items along the way. Once we are at 1-2 generators remaining, I'll use my map to see every totem remaining in the trial and break them. It's like Dรจja vu, Small Game, and Detective's Hunch all at your disposal which is REALLY broken. :)
  • @Nickenzie said:
    @Vietfox never supported having Kindred as baseline.

    Yea I guess you guys didn't see I edited my post? SMH I misread the OP before I posted, then re-read and saw he never mentioned base kit Kindred. Chill.

    Ah, my apologies.
  • @Nickenzie said:
    @Vietfox never supported having Kindred as baseline.

    Yea I guess you guys didn't see I edited my post? SMH I misread the OP before I posted, then re-read and saw he never mentioned base kit Kindred. Chill.

    @Vietfox said:
    I play this game in a really smart way, i'm aware of gens locations to not end up with 3 gens close to each other and common sense is what makes me survive, but Kindred isn't for me, is for the other survivors. As you might know already you don't know how smart/dumb will be the other ones when playing solo, so it's way better if you give them some clues.

    You still don't need it. If you play smart you will outlive other survivors and take the hatch.

    As i said, this thread is about playing in the most efficient way, no make it more challenging. Plus my main goal isn't the hatch, is to survive as a team.
  • @Vietfox said:
    As i said, this thread is about playing in the most efficient way, no make it more challenging. Plus my main goal isn't the hatch, is to survive as a team.

    That's an inefficient way to play survivor though. If you want to be efficient you look out for number 1.

  • I forgot all about Open-Handed, I was using it for Alert but then Alert got buffed so I didn't need it anymore. I'm a solo player and hope we get a new Survivor that has Solo oriented perks soon but this is cool.

  • @Vietfox said:
    As i said, this thread is about playing in the most efficient way, no make it more challenging. Plus my main goal isn't the hatch, is to survive as a team.

    That's an inefficient way to play survivor though. If you want to be efficient you look out for number 1.

    Let's say your teammates aren't the smartest ones on DbD, you get hooked and all 3 come to rescue you. No one is doing gens, meaning less chances to get the hatch.
    The main point is that survival rate is way higher when survivors cooperate and are organized.
    You help yourself by helping others.
  • Information is the key to victory...
  • @Vietfox said:
    Let's say your teammates aren't the smartest ones on DbD, you get hooked and all 3 come to rescue you. No one is doing gens, meaning less chances to get the hatch.
    The main point is that survival rate is way higher when survivors cooperate and are organized.
    You help yourself by helping others.

    Like that can help sure, but from my experience your survival is 90% based on your own actions. The only time other survivors affect your survival is if they sandbag you or do something seriously stupid like save you right in front of the killer. If you play stealthy at the start you can make sure 2 gens get done so you can hatch.

  • @Vietfox

    I watched it, but it's still very weak.

    I'm assuming you think it's strong because of the reasons:
    1. Knowing Generator locations
    2. Knowing Which generators are being worked on. Input used to prevent 3gens
    3. Knowing who goes for the unhook
    4. Knowing where the killer is being chased to.

    Add more to the list if you will.

    Now here is why those 2 perks are more fun that useful;

    1. You'll already know where all the generators are if you do basic scouting as a part of your efficient movements.
    2. Good players know what the "Corner" Generators are and can use pre-established communication (a social contract) that tells them that such corner generators will not be completed. (Since Rank 1 is home to both good and bad players, this point wouldn't result in a 100% true in every case, but will be when DBD's ranking system has been solved) In the cases in which you play with bad players:
    3. When a generator pops off, you know where that Gen has been completed, letting you know where you should go next. Generally, this knowledge is already enough for you to completely replace the 2 perks you needed to otherwise know this.
    4. If he's not where you are, you should be doing Gens anyways.

    The reason why in SWF's the same type of information becomes so much stronger is because BOTH players are aware of each other , allowing for planning.
    Aftercare would be strong, had it not been for the tedious conditions and ability to lose it, together with a ranking system that allowed better players to play with just as good players, this would give life to such perks through the power of pre-established (trust) communication.


    What the perk did do, is make you very aware of the chase above you at the start and motivated you to wait, while (most likely) you could've just opened the chest and saved the 25 seconds, turning it into generator time.

  • @Vietfox said:
    Let's say your teammates aren't the smartest ones on DbD, you get hooked and all 3 come to rescue you. No one is doing gens, meaning less chances to get the hatch.
    The main point is that survival rate is way higher when survivors cooperate and are organized.
    You help yourself by helping others.

    Like that can help sure, but from my experience your survival is 90% based on your own actions. The only time other survivors affect your survival is if they sandbag you or do something seriously stupid like save you right in front of the killer. If you play stealthy at the start you can make sure 2 gens get done so you can hatch.

    There you go, it helps, and that's what i want, to play in the most efficient way.
  • Yeah this is exactly the problem people have with swf. Swf don't need these perks, so they can use all the meta perks. If solo survivors want to get this kind of information, then they need to equip perks that allow them to get the information, having to do without the meta perks.
    Hard thing to balance.

  • Or you don't give a damn and run the killer 5 gens long lol
  • @Vietfox

    I watched it, but it's still very weak.

    I'm assuming you think it's strong because of the reasons:
    1. Knowing Generator locations
    2. Knowing Which generators are being worked on. Input used to prevent 3gens
    3. Knowing who goes for the unhook
    4. Knowing where the killer is being chased to.

    Add more to the list if you will.

    Now here is why those 2 perks are more fun that useful;

    1. You'll already know where all the generators are if you do basic scouting as a part of your efficient movements.
    2. Good players know what the "Corner" Generators are and can use pre-established communication (a social contract) that tells them that such corner generators will not be completed. (Since Rank 1 is home to both good and bad players, this point wouldn't result in a 100% true in every case, but will be when DBD's ranking system has been solved) In the cases in which you play with bad players:
    3. When a generator pops off, you know where that Gen has been completed, letting you know where you should go next. Generally, this knowledge is already enough for you to completely replace the 2 perks you needed to otherwise know this.
    4. If he's not where you are, you should be doing Gens anyways.

    The reason why in SWF's the same type of information becomes so much stronger is because BOTH players are aware of each other , allowing for planning.
    Aftercare would be strong, had it not been for the tedious conditions and ability to lose it, together with a ranking system that allowed better players to play with just as good players, this would give life to such perks through the power of pre-established (trust) communication.


    What the perk did do, is make you very aware of the chase above you at the start and motivated you to wait, while (most likely) you could've just opened the chest and saved the 25 seconds, turning it into generator time.

    I know where the gens are and usually i focus on the ones at the center first. Bond was useful because i saw a survivor working on a gen for long so i assumed it was almost done when left it, that's why i decided to finish it and then go finish the one at the main building which was about 50% done.
  • @Vietfox said:
    There you go, it helps, and that's what i want, to play in the most efficient way.

    Mildly helps, and it isn't the most efficient way to play.

  • @Vietfox said:
    There you go, it helps, and that's what i want, to play in the most efficient way.

    Mildly helps, and it isn't the most efficient way to play.

    Neither is to run no mither as you said before, but whatever ๐Ÿ˜‚
  • @Vietfox said:
    Neither is to run no mither as you said before, but whatever ๐Ÿ˜‚

    If you get caught a lot yea. If you run Resil and play smart not really. Resil let's you do everything faster including vaults so it does make a difference.

  • @Vietfox said:
    Neither is to run no mither as you said before, but whatever ๐Ÿ˜‚

    If you get caught a lot yea. If you run Resil and play smart not really. Resil let's you do everything faster including vaults so it does make a difference.

    I know, i always run resilience when playing with friends, it's an awesome perk.
  • Well to each her or his own it must be held true, let people run what they want to run and give suggestions on things to try. I don't run SB anymore except on certain undergeared toons and same for UE unless it's a special build.

    I'll occasionally run CS/SO/SC/PM but I might just throw in Pebble along with Stakeout since those will go well together.

  • Vietfox said:
    This video is about how information is way more useful than any of the meta builds when playing solo.
    Thanks to bond + open handed i was aware of what was going on around me, what gens were being worked on so i can finish them in case the other survivors are being chased, etc...
    I didn't need Kindred this time but should be a must when playing solo so the other ones know what to do.
    I've been running this kind of build for long but just wanted to share it (again) so maybe more people start to run it, because the chances of surviving are way higher when survivors are organized.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-HCugVkS-HM
    So does that mean next patch will horribly nerf Swf groups because they are hiding killers perks and add-ons i place 10 v-bucks on someone complains on forums because of the next patch
  • Well to each her or his own it must be held true, let people run what they want to run and give suggestions on things to try. I don't run SB anymore except on certain undergeared toons and same for UE unless it's a special build.

    I'll occasionally run CS/SO/SC/PM but I might just throw in Pebble along with Stakeout since those will go well together.

    Yeah of course, it's just a suggestion.