Honestly I'm surprised oppression isn't used more.
Am I the only one that sees it as a pocket ruin? Causes multiple gens to start regressing, and still allows "damage generator action" perks like pop. Also great for people who rarely kick gens. It's almost guaranteed value, and it can't be cleansed or disabled.
Comments
It causes a skill check, that can be hit. Then the perk does nothing. The Perk also has a huge cooldown.
It's not horrible. Just inferior to a lot of other slowdown- and regression perks
Oh yes let me use that perk that has longer cooldown than dowloading new bug fix patch for the game, has easy skillcheck that most people can hit and is also kinda random.
Cooldown is insanely long and the skillchecks are very easy to hit
Four things:
None of this is to say that Oppression is a bad perk. I do think it has a niche, and as someone who just does not like running meta perk since I think it is boring, I do use it a bit… that being said, the issue is that said niche is something that a lot of people just dont care for at the moment, and they would just rather bring something else.
I love Oppression!
I run it on most of my builds
Sure there are better perks for gen regression but I've always liked running Oppression. Especially useful when there's 3 gens left as one kick and you're good on patrolling gens.
I would use it more if the cooldown was just a LITTLE shorter.