5th Perk Slot?

Am I* the only one who feels that I need a 5th perk slot as Survivor or Killer? I find myself in a debate with deciding which perk I should switch out to balance the play style I'm going for.

Comments

  • Remember this feeling after the next 4 DLCs come out...

  • 4 is enough for both sides.
  • Boss said:

    Remember this feeling after the next 4 DLCs come out...

    ? 
    I've felt like this since Freddy's release. Idk what 4 more DLC's releases will contribute to me changing my mind.....
  • Vietfox said:
    4 is enough for both sides.
    And thats your opinion, as this is mine.
  • I think a 5th perk slot would be nice actually. Would definitely like that. More than 5 should never happen though. But adding a fifth one would be great.

  • No
    If a 5th slot is enabled every survivor would be using DS and every killer would be using NOED/Ruin. That perks are very frequent, but with a 5th slot almost everyone would be using them.

  • ad19970 said:

    I think a 5th perk slot would be nice actually. Would definitely like that. More than 5 should never happen though. But adding a fifth one would be great.

    Yeah 5 is enough. I feel like anything higher than that would be too much.
  • @IamFran said:

    No
    If a 5th slot is enabled every survivor would be using DS and every killer would be using NOED/Ruin. That perks are very frequent, but with a 5th slot almost everyone would be using them.

    If i had a 5th perk slot i would run WGLF, honestly. But yeah, 4 slots are enough and perfect for different kind of builds. A 5th one would mean even less build diversity.
  • @Unicorn said:
    I am the only one who feels that I need a 5th perk slot as Survivor or Killer? I find myself in a debate with deciding which perk I should switch out to balance the play style I'm going for.

    I agree with your desire, but adding a 5th perk slot wouldn't be the right way to tackle this.

    The irritation that can be felt when creating a build is that SOME PERKS as so detrimental to the core gameplay that you don't want to leave it out, thus crippling building-variety.

    5 Perks would be the easy solution.
    Making certain perks part of the base kit in one shape or form (Hex Ruin but integrated differently, Self-care, Urban Evasion and a higher walking speed, etc.) and restoring balance AMONG THE PERKS of said faction, loose from Balance across factions would be the hard and better way.

    I support the premise of your post.

  • IamFran said:

    No
    If a 5th slot is enabled every survivor would be using DS and every killer would be using NOED/Ruin. That perks are very frequent, but with a 5th slot almost everyone would be using them.

    I'm 99% sure that there are Survivors out there (like me when I play Survivor) that would NEVER waste a perk slot for DS. That perk is literally a waste. 

    On the other hand, your point is kind of invalid considering Killers already run NOED and Ruin in every game I play. Having a 5th perk slot is not going to change this just like having 4 doesn't. But thanks for the feedback.
  • @Vietfox said:
    4 is enough for both sides.

    Enough, for what?

  • I wouldn't mind a fourth perk, mostly because FOV is so small on killer that I have to bring Shadowborn/Monitor and abuse on all killers just to see clearly :'(

  • @Vietfox said:
    4 is enough for both sides.

    Enough, for what?

    For any kind of build.
  • I totally agree, but they should make it a "teachable perk slot" where you can use one of the perks that character has. With Dwight finally getting a rework, every character should have a decent perk to take in that spot.
  • @Bongbingbing said:
    I wouldn't mind a fourth perk, mostly because FOV is so small on killer that I have to bring Shadowborn/Monitor and abuse on all killers just to see clearly :'(

    Fifth not fourth >_<

  • @Vietfox

    For any kind of build.

    For a real stealth build I would highly disagree. There are so many minor stealth perks like Calm Spirit that can never be included just due to how many stealth perks there are and how their power is often minimal, where-as "Killer Escape" builds often have all they need with just 4 perks.

    You can only justify that claim if you deliberately start cutting at the concept of said build, but in that same manner you could argue that 3/2 perk slots would be enough for "any build".

  • @Unicorn said:
    I am the only one who feels that I need a 5th perk slot as Survivor or Killer? I find myself in a debate with deciding which perk I should switch out to balance the play style I'm going for.

    I agree with your desire, but adding a 5th perk slot wouldn't be the right way to tackle this.

    The irritation that can be felt when creating a build is that SOME PERKS as so detrimental to the core gameplay that you don't want to leave it out, thus crippling building-variety.

    5 Perks would be the easy solution.
    Making certain perks part of the base kit in one shape or form (Hex Ruin but integrated differently, Self-care, Urban Evasion and a higher walking speed, etc.) and restoring balance AMONG THE PERKS of said faction, loose from Balance across factions would be the hard and better way.

    I support the premise of your post.

    Before addressing your post I want to point out that I respect you to the upmost of my ability because not only did you disagree, but you also gave a reason why as well as insight on how it would "band-aid" the game instead of just a simple "No, this is bad. I don't agree."
    Now that I'm done fangirl'ing, 


    I completely agree. If there were changes made to certain kits of Killers/Survivors a 5th perk slot would not even cross my mind. Unfortunately that is not the case, which is why I suggested this. But thank you for hearing me out, as I do you :chuffed:
  • @Vietfox said:
    @IamFran said:

    No

    If a 5th slot is enabled every survivor would be using DS and every killer would be using NOED/Ruin. That perks are very frequent, but with a 5th slot almost everyone would be using them.

    If i had a 5th perk slot i would run WGLF, honestly. But yeah, 4 slots are enough and perfect for different kind of builds. A 5th one would mean even less build diversity.

    I think with so many perks available now, I still believe there would be a lot of build variety. If anything it would let players who want to always run one certain perk be able to try some other perks as well. I'd love it. More than 5 and then yeah I would see that becoming a problem for build diversity. But I think one more perk slot would be good and wouldn't really hurt build diversity a lot.

  • @Vietfox

    For any kind of build.

    For a real stealth build I would highly disagree. There are so many minor stealth perks like Calm Spirit that can never be included just due to how many stealth perks there are and how their power is often minimal, where-as "Killer Escape" builds often have all they need with just 4 perks.

    You can only justify that claim if you deliberately start cutting at the concept of said build, but in that same manner you could argue that 3/2 perk slots would be enough for "any build".

    That's the point of builds, to make you choose what perks to run and leaving some others behind.
    I like being forced to do that.
  • Topic comes up quite ofte n.

    General opinion is that it would reduce perk variety and create even more broken loadouts.
    As such it would require a lot of rebalance on many perks, i guess.

  • I wouldn't mind a fourth perk, mostly because FOV is so small on killer that I have to bring Shadowborn/Monitor and abuse on all killers just to see clearly :'(

    (Idk if you meant Shadowborn & Monitor and Abuse or either or but,) Right?! The way the game is set up as Killer, I would LOVE to have 5th perk slot. Like you said (I don't do this, but everyone plays differently) you have to bring Shadowborn and Monitor and Abuse just to see. That being said, you only have 2 more perk slots to work with, which in my opinion isn't enough. Having 3 would be so helpful for you. 

    Everyone plays differently so I understand not everyone will agree with this, I'm just stating this analogy based off of your build and playstyle.
  • Cetren said:
    I totally agree, but they should make it a "teachable perk slot" where you can use one of the perks that character has. With Dwight finally getting a rework, every character should have a decent perk to take in that spot.
    This is actually an amazing idea. 
  • We don’t need five perks slots, however I think some perks could be build in mechanics.

    Killers - Blood warden 
    Survivors - Kindred (however I would prefer if they just created a new perk for survivors to have as a built in mechanic) 
  • @Cetren said:
    I totally agree, but they should make it a "teachable perk slot" where you can use one of the perks that character has. With Dwight finally getting a rework, every character should have a decent perk to take in that spot.

    That would actually be really good. Better than just having a fifth perk slot for any perk.
    I think something like that should only happen though once DS is finally reworked, or I feel like there will be a lot of lobby dodging as soon as a Laurie pops up, cause you can be pretty sure that she's gonna run DS.

  • Topic comes up quite ofte n.

    General opinion is that it would reduce perk variety and create even more broken loadouts.
    As such it would require a lot of rebalance on many perks, i guess.


     
    Idk why its cutting off my response when I post to you but this is what I said.


  • Eventually 5th perk slot wouldnt hurt that badly.
    Aka when atleast 4 new dlces come out

  • It's already 12 vs 4 perks. Jesus people, how much more do you want... No need for any more perk slots at all..

  • It's already 12 vs 4 perks. Jesus people, how much more do you want... No need for any more perk slots at all..

    It was just a suggestion, chill out. Its not like BHVR is going to consider this, I wanted feedback. BREATHE
  • I'm against 5th perk, however I am for creating a reason to play different survivors. My solution, give each survivor a unique power just like killers have their unique power. For instance, Jake can always sabo, Claudette can always self care, King can always dead hard. This would give the killer a little bit of an idea of the abilities of the survivors, would give players a reason to level up and play different survivors and would help balance the game. The thought of each survivor is just a different skin is kind of asinine. This solution would help correct that as well.

  • I'm against 5th perk, however I am for creating a reason to play different survivors. My solution, give each survivor a unique power just like killers have their unique power. For instance, Jake can always sabo, Claudette can always self care, King can always dead hard. This would give the killer a little bit of an idea of the abilities of the survivors, would give players a reason to level up and play different survivors and would help balance the game. The thought of each survivor is just a different skin is kind of asinine. This solution would help correct that as well.

    Great insight. This goes hand and hand with @AlwaysInAGoodShape 's point. Very reasonable and a awesome idea.
  • @HURRI_KAIN said:
    I'm against 5th perk, however I am for creating a reason to play different survivors. My solution, give each survivor a unique power just like killers have their unique power. For instance, Jake can always sabo, Claudette can always self care, King can always dead hard. This would give the killer a little bit of an idea of the abilities of the survivors, would give players a reason to level up and play different survivors and would help balance the game. The thought of each survivor is just a different skin is kind of asinine. This solution would help correct that as well.

    As someone, somewhere said.
    There would be meta survivors. Aka someone would throw, sandbag, throw names at someone for playing their favourite survivors.

  • What's wrong with people playing their favorite survivors? They already do. Claudette is invisible half the time, isn't she "META" already? lol.

  • A 5 or 6 perk game mode would be fun as one of the revolving game modes that the devs talked about potentially doing some day. But no, 5 perk slots in the base game mode would be too much IMO. Lots of things would have to be rebalanced for it to work.
  • @Unicorn said:
    Am I* the only one who feels that I need a 5th perk slot as Survivor or Killer? I find myself in a debate with deciding which perk I should switch out to balance the play style I'm going for.

    But picking your few perks is what makes the somewhat strategical. There's no fun in saying "Should I use DS or borrowed time" and going "Why not both?". The 4 perk slots we got now are fine.