New Killer - Slenderman

I have an idea for a new Killer. Slenderman.

He would be a very stickman looking character that is tall and super thin. able to hide completely behind trees when viewable.
Powers would use the Cloak mechanic to go from Lurking to Ambush mode.

Lurking mode:
(Lurk mode is similar to Wraith cloak but Slenderman can only interact with things while in this mode)
slow speed
invisible (like Nightmare mechanic, no shimmer but also no heartbeat like Wraith) to Survivors
cannot attack while Lurking
can interact with objects only in Lurking mode

Ambushing mode:
(Ambush mode is similar to Wraith cloak but Slenderman cannot interact with things)
fast speed
visible to Survivors
able to attack only in Ambushing mode
Forced back into Lurk Mode if the chase is lost

balancing factors would be the time it takes to change modes which I am sure you all could work out as the experts.

Hope you like the idea.

-Aetherguard

Comments

  • We really need the "LOL" button back. Or just a downvoting button in general.

  • This is bad. But nice try bud

  • Bad for Killer or bad for Survivor? If you are going to critique something, it would be nice to actually do so and not just troll the forums with negative posts.

    Criticism is welcome and wanted. That is why we post in the forums. To get others opinions and thoughts as well as share our ideas overall. We also discuss our thoughts and ideas. And, of course, assist with information and clarifications where we can to help each other as a DBD Community.

    Negativity is not needed or wanted. Positive and Constructive Criticism is welcome and encouraged.

    Thank you all who read this and agree. For those of you that do not, Killer shack is over there.

    Happy Hunting,
    Aetherguard

  • The idea is decent, somewhat, but I do not think that system will be a good idea. If you want ideas on how to make a killer, then I ask you refer to the numerous fan chapters that exist. They have good templates that you can use to develop a character like Slenderman. I would offer ideas of my own, but currently I am working on something, so I cannot use much thought here.

  • Jesus i actually found someone with the same idea concept as mine. I thought about slenderman being a character and he would have this Myers and Doctor combo where you stalk a survivior which inflicts the Slender Sickness tier 1-3. I would say this would be a killer who focuses on all surviviors cuz his ability depends on how many surviviors are effected by slender sickness. Like 2% decrease in action ability per survivior effected. I also thought that this follow speed would increase over gens completed like 5% per gen. Of course slenderman would be way more slower when using this.  Just a thought tho  8-)
  • @aetherguard said:
    Bad for Killer or bad for Survivor? If you are going to critique something, it would be nice to actually do so and not just troll the forums with negative posts.

    Criticism is welcome and wanted. That is why we post in the forums. To get others opinions and thoughts as well as share our ideas overall. We also discuss our thoughts and ideas. And, of course, assist with information and clarifications where we can to help each other as a DBD Community.

    Negativity is not needed or wanted. Positive and Constructive Criticism is welcome and encouraged.

    Thank you all who read this and agree. For those of you that do not, Killer shack is over there.

    Happy Hunting,
    Aetherguard

    Howdy my friend,

    If you want me to reply please quote me so I receive a notification, I got back to this post because I was looking at my old comments.
    With what I said I meant that this killer idea is bad and you don't give us any kind of numbers. This idea is basically a better at stealth but worst at everything else Wraith/Pig. How fast is it? 115% or 110%? How long does it take for it to become visible/invisible?
    This killer is also extremely unoriginal, a mix between Wraith, Pig and Freddy.

    Have fun out there

  • @LCGaster said:

    @aetherguard said:
    Bad for Killer or bad for Survivor? If you are going to critique something, it would be nice to actually do so and not just troll the forums with negative posts.

    Criticism is welcome and wanted. That is why we post in the forums. To get others opinions and thoughts as well as share our ideas overall. We also discuss our thoughts and ideas. And, of course, assist with information and clarifications where we can to help each other as a DBD Community.

    Negativity is not needed or wanted. Positive and Constructive Criticism is welcome and encouraged.

    Thank you all who read this and agree. For those of you that do not, Killer shack is over there.

    Happy Hunting,
    Aetherguard

    Howdy my friend,

    If you want me to reply please quote me so I receive a notification, I got back to this post because I was looking at my old comments.
    With what I said I meant that this killer idea is bad and you don't give us any kind of numbers. This idea is basically a better at stealth but worst at everything else Wraith/Pig. How fast is it? 115% or 110%? How long does it take for it to become visible/invisible?
    This killer is also extremely unoriginal, a mix between Wraith, Pig and Freddy.

    Have fun out there

    I ran across this myself fairly late, but had to reply to the sake of honesty and fairness.

    When I first posted this, I was totally No0b at the game compared to now. I has been a year now since I first played the game and things have changed a lot. Not only did new killers come out in that time, with similar abilities, but more importantly my understanding of the game mechanics has increased.

    Bottom line. Thank you for your reply @LCGaster and I understand now what you meant. I apologize that my reply to you sounds so harsh and defensive (that is how I read it now with a fresh mind).

    I think I allowed the negative responses I was getting that day flavor my responses by the time I posted that reply. But, no excuses. I still am responsible for what I said.

    I do mean what I said, just want anyone who reads this (and you) to know that I mean it from a place of understanding, growth, and self-improvement.

    @LCGaster I apologize for flaming at you if it was taken that way.

    See you all in the fog,

    Æ

  • Hm... I think this would be very weak... and clunky to use (in the same vein as Nurse on console).

    I prefer my concept for him more... but we all prefer our own creations, don't we?

    @Raven014 said:

    Chapter: The Arrival:

    Now, unlike some people, I do think a certain character can make their debut in DBD without issues.

    Chapter Theme: A mix of No Friends and DBD theme.

    The Killer: The Slenderman:

    Lore: Long rumored to be a folk tale under many names: The Tall man, the child taker, the spirit of the forest... the Slenderman... his name has echoed through history. Now he stalks the realm of the entity, and those he preys on have no hope of escape.

    Default Movement speed: 140%

    Killer Kit:

    Passive: Static Image

    This passive allows Slender to put up pages around the map (On gens and totems). This effects the game in a few ways. One, it gives bloodpoints to both the killer and survivors. Two, Survivors will pull the page off before starting the action (less effective on gens but effective for totems). Three, you gain a notification when a page is taken.

    Four, pages cause hallucinations that Slender can teleport to, as well as linger. At 0 pages, he is completely invisible. At 1, he can only have hallucinations at a fair distance, and they get closer at a slow rate. For each page, the spawning distance decreases substantially. Before 5 pages, he can strike rapidly, which disincentives survivors not gathering pages to avoid unnecessary hits (i.e. Jumpscares), while at 5, he can strike normally, but he will have a distortion effect even harder to read than the Spirit's. At 6, he will start to move like the Spirit, with distortions between them. At 8 he will look normal, with Hallucinations still appearing. This is when he's at his strongest and you will be exposed at this point.

    Pages also cause a debuff to all survivor actions for each survivor. A 90% debuff with no pages collected, and +10% increase to action speed for each page, with the downside that they are making the killer more powerful.

    However, survivors cannot escape without getting all pages. Not even through the Hatch. Each survivor must collect all 8 themselves. They only secure their own escape.

    Secondary Passive: Anti-corn blindness:

    Since he's the tallest killer, he will never be affected by corn maps in the same way most killers are. More of a joke passive, tbh.

    Active abilities: 

    Proxy Trap:

    By pressing active ability button, you can manifest one of your past proxies to attack any survivor who approaches the locker they are near. The will jump out, perform an animation (Kate would do her scratching, Toby would attack with hatchets... etc...) and the survivor would receive one state of damage (healthy to injured, and injured to dying). Borrowed time will activate because of this. DS can be activated if the trap would put into the dying state to negate that attack.

    If a survivor Runs into a locker, there will be a sound of a proxy attacking the survivor, before the survivor is ejected out.

    Scattering Pages: 

    The killer can choose where to place pages. This would place a page on a highlighted area (can be a wall, object, or locker).

    Hallucination or Reality?: 

    He can teleport with the secondary button press. If he teleports, he has a small window to strike a survivor (Standard melee attack like a hag trap).

    Perks:

    Survivor's Obsession:

    Survivors who have seen you have your image burned to their head. Hallucinations will appear to move toward them for 10/8/5 seconds before disappearing after they see you for the first time. They will scream in response.

    Horror's Past:

    Those who linger too long will experience a horrifying moment of the location's past. Survivor's who stand still/stay in one place/are afk will see a scene of a killer mori'ing a survivor (the killer of the match). This is a hallucination, but they cannot move for the duration. They will scream in terror when it ends.

    Haunting Shadows:

    The light may be your ally now, but it is always night in the trials. Pits of shadow spawn sporadically, restricting movement through the map. If left unattended, Survivors will have entire swaths of the map impossible to traverse (24m, 28m, 32m). These can be burned away by a flashlight or by the light of finished generators. 

    Mori:

    He uses two of his tendrils to pick up the struggling survivor by the arms, and then uses more to stab from multiple directions up through the lower torso. The struggling ceases after a moment, in which the survivor dies, and he drops them to the ground. 

    Terror Radius/Chase Music: Flicker: Slender: The Arrival Soundtrack (I mean, listen to this then tell me it wouldn't be a good chase music for him).

    Survivor: Lauren:

    Lore: Lauren is one of a few to have lost family to the Slenderman and survive... until she went missing during a wildfire in the woods a decade later. Armed with the truth of the horror she saw, she brings a new item, the camera, to document and understand the killers of the fog better in order to escape better.

    Perks:

    Understanding:

    Understanding the killer is one of the best ways to counter them. After watching the killer for 120/100/80 seconds, their method of killing will become known to you.

    If this involves traps, you will be able to notice them better.

    If this has a charge bar, you can see the bar for it flash on screen when they use it near you.

    You will see the Duration of Myer's T3

    However, addons like Logwood Dye and Tar Bottle, Rusty Shackles will counter this perk. Addons that effect charge times for abilities will not show any change to you.

    This does not work with the Clown, Huntress, Micheal Myers T2 progress, Nurse's Blinks, Freddy's Teleport, Legion's Recharge, GF recharge, or Demogorgon's Charge.

    Record:

    Recording the killer can help you show others their weaknesses. Allows you to have a camera. After using half of a camera's charges, you can use the camera to reveal the aura of traps in the vicinity.

    A camera is a new item added to the game. Half the charges must be used filming the killer or their belongings for the effect to take place. This will show the auras of traps and totems in an 8/10/12 m radius of the survivor (for the perk, but the item by itself would be just 8m). Addons can change the rate/amount of charges/ and radius of the effect.

    Using it would be aimed like a flashlight.

    Pain of Loss:

    You know what it's like to lose those you consider dear to you. For every survivor death near you (20m or less), gain a token. For every token, you can shrug off one lethal hit (one that would put you in the dying state).

    When you lose a token, you will receive the deep wounds effect and cannot lose another token in that chase.

    What does everyone think?

    Edit: Added relevant music.