The Adrenaline nerf is yet another slap in the face to the SoloQ and I am exhausted of this

The trend of deactivating perks / mechanics when the endgame comes must come to an end.

We've reached the point of denying the use of a perk that was DESIGNED TO WORK ONLY IN ENDGAME WITH ONLY 1 USE (so it has to be above average strength) for a reason I struggle to understand.

The survivor plays 90% of the game with 3 perks, manages to reach the endgame but has the misfortune of being chased and hooked just moments before the last generator is repaired, and what is the reward? We don't activate your perk because no, it's your fault if you get knocked down at the end, now you're on your own.
And don't tell me "eh but do the save first and then do the gen, nothing changes" because no, the scenario is completely different.

It's obvious that if you are part of a SwF this change has less impact (it's not like before anyway, the nerf is felt here too) because with communication you can try to get around this, but why is the largest player pool in this game always sidelined? Why are we always the fifth wheel?

I've seen a lot of negative feedbacks but despite these, the perk was still nerfed and sent live in this condition, I'm fine that it doesn't counter Freddy anymore and I'm also fine that the speed boost is reduced to 3s but why even disable a perk in endgame when it can be only used in endgame?

50/50 player here (SoloQ enjoyer and Nemesis main), so take your moral elsewhere.

Comments

  • @Valuetown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3706482#Comment_3706482

    Are you going to ignore how I said that the final gen is usually NOT on the other side of the map from the hook? If the gen is within 32 meters of the hook, which it usually is because where else are survivors worth chasing going to be, everything I said was correct.

    I also said old ultimate weapon, since it hasn't even been 24 hours since the 7.7.0 patch.

    I highly suggest reading a post thoroughly before writing a response that misrepresents what the post had said.

    First you bring up high mobility killers, then you claim that BBQ stops you from hiding. So what now? Is the killer near you or are they not? I genuinely cannot follow your thought process. You list things that imply the killer will run across the map and then you say, they're still near you. Are we talking about Schroedinger's killer here? Because usually a killer will not be both on the other side of the map and near you all at once.

    Old UW doesn't exist anymore. You cannot use old UW to counter new Adrenaline. That's why it's pointless even bringing up.

  • Now it's merely an A tier perk instead of an S tier one. Whatever will you do?

    Also taking any opportunity to bemoan solo takes the bite out of your argument. Solo bad. Everyone gets it, we've heard it a thousand times. Just because a perk gets slightly worse doesn't mean it makes solo worse.

  • It is very interesting to me that this perk is treated as if it were Tier 1 on the North American servers (and the EU?). On Asian servers, it is treated like NOED, "a toy that is only triggered after the match is almost over, and is only useful in rare cases", and is rarely useful in solo situations, even if the adrenaline carrier can effectively last chase or body block in VCPT.The "toy" is not a "toy" at all.

  • counterpoint: dont get hooked.

  • @Xernoton said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3706547#Comment_3706547

    First you bring up high mobility killers, then you claim that BBQ stops you from hiding. So what now? Is the killer near you or are they not? I genuinely cannot follow your thought process. You list things that imply the killer will run across the map and then you say, they're still near you. Are we talking about Schroedinger's killer here? Because usually a killer will not be both on the other side of the map and near you all at once.

    Old UW doesn't exist anymore. You cannot use old UW to counter new Adrenaline. That's why it's pointless even bringing up.

    Reread everything I wrote in this thread. I'm not going to re-explain everything I already concisely said.

    I mentioned high mobility because those are the killers that snowball the easiest. If you 99 a gen to get adrenaline to work, the killer walks over and pops the gen, and now you cannot run to the other side of the map to get that 25 seconds back because they are high mobility, and the match went from survivors winning to the killer getting a 4k. High mobility is used in chase in addition to map movement.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3705978#Comment_3705978

    Still a completely uncalled for nerf. The perk wont see nearly as much play. Bad or not bad, this is a stupid nerf.

    It clearly saw too much play compared to other perks.
    Here are the stats from February, nearly 25% of all builds had Adrenaline. Its too much.

    image.png
  • @Emeal said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3705983#Comment_3705983

    It clearly saw too much play compared to other perks.
    Here are the stats from February, nearly 25% of all builds had Adrenaline. Its too much.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/508BQKG1WM8T/image.png

    Pop and pain res are also pushing 25%. Do you also consider those "too much?"

  • @Valuetown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3706679#Comment_3706679

    Pop and pain res are also pushing 25%. Do you also consider those "too much?"

    Yes.

  • I agree for both cases as well. I don't like essentially being forced to run a perk as a band-aid to poor design, for both killer and survivor.

    I really would like to see Windows adjusted as well, since it's sitting at 33%, but perhaps the game can be tuned elsewhere to compensate.

  • @Valuetown said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3706867#Comment_3706867

    I agree for both cases as well. I don't like essentially being forced to run a perk as a band-aid to poor design, for both killer and survivor.

    I really would like to see Windows adjusted as well, since it's sitting at 33%, but perhaps the game can be tuned elsewhere to compensate.

    I agree, but I think WoOppertunity is a special case as its very useful for casuals to play this game and I am not the kind of Killer main to get mad about more people playing, even if the build is rather lazy from a gameplay standpoint.

  • It's a soloq buff because people stop wasting a slot and makes more gens done

  • @Jacknalls_Paw said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3706306#Comment_3706306

    Double standard at its finest.

    Your definition of 'undeserved escape' is completely fallacious, since survivors have to play well to get to the endgame, unlike the killer.

    Imagine being so bad that the bhvr rewards you with your 'deserved pity kill' by not making the survivors activate the perk because otherwise you wouldn't be able to do anything, how does it feel to be so humiliated?

    The game is supposed to be balance around approximately 2 escapes in most matches. So even if you play well as killer, you're still going to get to endgame and NOED will activate in many of your matches. It doesn't only activate if killer plays especially poorly.

    Based on your snarky comment, you seem to think that NOED only gives the killer value if they play especially poorly. So I assume that you typically play so well that you 4K every time and never get to the endgame where NOED would activate? I'd love to see some of your killer gameplay so we can all see how to consistently 4K without getting to endgame. I'm sure all of us scrub killer players could use some tips from you.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3706679#Comment_3706679

    I understand the 'why'. It's the 'how' that sucks. I don't even care about the duration change. Its having a perk that activates in the end game being screwed by mere RNG.

    Also, it's BHVR's perogative to change things based on very STUPID things like useage. This method would serve the game better if it was used to bring other perks up to good standards, Clearly Adrenaline and the other very used perks are good. Why make them bad?! They are so backwards with this imo.

    Anyway, No'ed has been the comparison to Adrenaline being an end game perk that gets screwed. For No'ed, its the bad RNG spawn. Could get destroyed immediately. But you still got some use out of it. Adrenaline can just be deleted, and that's just a no go for a lot of players.

    All good though. I've stopped using it prematurely to not feel this sting too much. I'll use Distortion instead and just hope it works as well.

    Just curious friend, because you're always very fair and strong in your argumentation, just want to ask why this one upsets you so much?

    Adrenaline's main strength was always the ability to gain a health state while you occupy the killer for tne final gen. You are afforded the ability to play aggressive at end game because you can see the health state coming, and if there are 2 of you, an m1 killer is basically boned.

    Yes sprint away at 150% is reduced by 2 seconds... but thats still a pocket Sprint Burst, which is hardly a trash effect. The extra 2 seconds was not why you took it... you take it for the health state and the quick distance to another tile, which Sprint Burst easily provides.

    The only thing that's changed is you don't get the effect if you're hanging on hook... which was the unfair part of Adrenaline. The killer caught you, and any m1 killer fighting for kills at end game literally cannot possibly stop you after you come off hook if the team has any real idea what they're doing.

    Not having a dig, I'm just genuinely curious what scenario it was you lost off Adrenaline that has specifically made it a no go perk for you?

  • completely agree, none of the people advocating for the adrenaline nerf acknowledge the fact it’s supposed to be strong it’s literally a endgame perk. The fact the perk has a chance to straight up not do anything when it’s supposed to be guaranteed value in the endgame in some way is stupid. Plenty of perks obviously have a chance to not do anything but this is different. Adrenaline is a one time activation perk that activates when all gens are done but now deactivates IF YOURE HOOKED. It was fine for 8 years straight and now it’s getting nerfed? Just cause a perk is strong doesn’t mean it should be nerfed if we’re nerfing a perk because it feels bad to play against then nerf Noed.

  • @SolidRazo said:

    completely agree, none of the people advocating for the adrenaline nerf acknowledge the fact it’s supposed to be strong it’s literally a endgame perk. The fact the perk has a chance to straight up not do anything when it’s supposed to be guaranteed value in the endgame in some way is stupid. Plenty of perks obviously have a chance to not do anything but this is different. Adrenaline is a one time activation perk that activates when all gens are done but now deactivates IF YOURE HOOKED. It was fine for 8 years straight and now it’s getting nerfed? Just cause a perk is strong doesn’t mean it should be nerfed if we’re nerfing a perk because it feels bad to play against then nerf Noed.

    Noed has been nerfed. Adrenaline is still a very strong perk.

  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3707426#Comment_3707426

    I appreciate your candid post! And you've pretty much narrowed it down. :)

    There are far too many scenario's that already existed that stopped Adrenaline from working at all. Terminus, certain killer powers, being in deep wounds, so in my opinion, the perk already had a chance of being a dead perk all game.

    I don't mind the 3 second change. I don't mind the Freddy change, and if someone does, please reassess lol.

    Getting the effect off hook was the thing that made me think "Ok, could be a dead perk, but its favorable that it won't."

    I do understand that for any killer, M1, or not, this is a pretty abhorrent situation, and doesn't feel fair. so that's why I'm not parading and making this bigger than it is.

    If I could tweak things a bit, I'd say let either the heal happen when unhooked, or let the speed happen. But gutting the perk entirely because RNG decided now was the time to get hooked makes it less than efficient than most other perks.

    It will be great with coordinated SWFs, but I mostly soloQ. Maybe thats where my perspective comes from… I dont have that SWF coordination. Gens will just.. pop when/if they pop lol.

    It's not an unhealthy change, just a bitter one to swallow. Hope that helps! :)

    I'm glad I asked, you've made me have to stop and think. 🤔
    Truthfully I've always been kinda torn on this perk on two points:

    • It's an end game perk that can potentially not do anythng, so has to be strong (unlike NOED, the survivor isn't guaranteed to be there at end game).
    • All of these effects together, especially when multiple people are running it, are extremely obnoxious… it does kinda promote tunneling players out to make sure you can't be hit by it at a crucial moment.

    I am fundamentally against the hook heal, because you have been caught, and it's better for the killer to NOT hook you and slap you down as you stand up, instead of hooking you.
    That said, I do also think that deep wound blocking Adrenaline is a little harsh. Broken is meant to be the counter, having 2 effects nullify it is a little unfair.

    I do think the perk is still strong, but with the speed being dropped as well, I would feel the floor is open to debate on healing through deep wound. That doesn't seem an unreasonable compromise to me. Even FTP+Buckle isn't a problem with that change because of the broken effect.

  • Aint this the same thing how yall try to rub in with made for this, coh, dh,iron will and many other gutted survivor perks I can make a page long(which I wont) and yet none uses them anymore? No this perk nore any other gutted perk will not be used anymore.

    Stop with the tiring yawning swf can still make use of these perks excuse its sickening. Swf is part of the community too and if swf was still using any of these perks I, mention why are they not in top 10 pick? Also remember survivor solo q is 40% and swf is 43% escape. Says alot yes?

1 2 ›